ORt Charity Cup ***READ, give opinions***

LFS chat
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

YubYub wrote:Hmm, just noticed something huge that was cut from my post Norbs.
Is it ok for me to repost this...
The 'Kingdom Assignment' would be giving the money to the creation of an orphanage in Sri Lanka, for those affected by the Tsunami.
Now, I'm not saying this is more imperitive than Norb's cause, his is a good one aswell, from what I can gather - I'm still not sure exactly which children he's trying to help out - maybe I need to read the site more carefully. But it's certainly no less important I would not have thought. Unless you think something in Australia is more worth while than O/S, which I suppose could be a fair way of thinking.
Oops. Sorry about that.

As for what charity is a better cause. There is no right answer. The charity Im putting my money toeards is the Childrens Hostpital at Westmead. It will be going to the Children Develoment section. Basically, they do research and treat kids with learning and behavioral problems. But like I said before, any charity that the person giving to thinks is worthy is fine by me.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Latch

Post by Latch »

I'm in no way saying that the kids in Australia are more important than kids in Sri Lanka (if the money gets there). I guess I'm just more careful than you are in where my money goes. If I was going to donate to the tsunami cause, I definitely wouldn't go through the Kindom Assignment.

What makes me come to that decision?
I was given $100 at a seminar I went to a month or so or go...well, I wasn't really given it, it's really God's money
Sounds really legitimate. :yes:
Blitzer

Post by Blitzer »

YubYub wrote:I would go into details of what the seminar was about, but not everyone wants to here that, so if you do, I'll speak on MSN. But basically, the seminar was regarding strategies to better our various ministies, with a particular focus on youth ministries. The 'Kingdom Assignment' served two purposes, one, to put into practice what we had learnt, and two, to bless someone(s) who needed blessing.

So to claim that I needed that program for my salvation is wrong, I already had my salvation, but again, I can't go into detail on that. I did not come out depressed, but rather keen and excited about the potential future.

If you need the booklet to see this, then I'll get scanning...
YubYub wrote:No, nothing you said made me think you thought I was perfect, but that you thought I should be perfect. Quite the contrary - my 'religion' gives it followers the reality that we are all equal - whether you are someone who gives to charity or a mass murderer. I won't go into details, as I am beginning to understand what you were talking about pushing my beliefs at every oportunity Smile But just because we are not perfect, doesn't mean we should bathe in our inperections, does it? Should we not still aim to get a close to perfect as we can? Even without religious beliefs, I would have thought that 'good' people would want this...
YubYub wrote:But you aim to bring yourself as close to perfection as possible, each step you take up the ladder, you get closer. It's like the concept limits in Calculus. You keep reducing the distance by half, and while you never ever reach the end, you just keep getting closer and closer to whatever you are trying to reach.
Let me pose it this way. If we were to say that Chaz is the perfect racer. Would you only try and improve yourself to a level that others view you as an ok racer? Would you not aim to reach the level that is Chaz level??? And beyond...
"I won't go into details, but blaugh blaugh etc etc" If you don't want to go into details, then stop typing. I for one don't want your salvation. My quote below from our other thread.
Blitzer wrote:I wanted to know more about your personal side & just how much of it you are (willingly or unwillingly) smearing around LFS. I also wanted others to have an open mind.

When I read your last post about striving to perfection, I got a horrible feeling in my stomach, mixed with empathy & pity.

Thanks fir being so frank, however I really hope that one day the veil of un-questioning true belief will be lifted from your head.

Blitzer
http://www.oceanicracingteam.com/module ... topic&t=43
[SCR] Blitzer
Southern Cross Racing
Blitzer

Post by Blitzer »

Do tell me one thing though. There are hundres of religions out there. How the hell do you know you are devoting your life to the correct one yub? They are all based on facts re-written by men over thousands of years.
[SCR] Blitzer
Southern Cross Racing
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

just though I would stop by and leave a note as I reach for the "stop watching this topic" button.
--------------
Stu
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

The other forum is the other forum.
This one is this one.
Lets not chase each other around and around with arguements.

Besides we all really know where spiritual enlightenment resides.

http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

YubYub

Post by YubYub »

But I did NOT go into details... Are you saying that I have to let Montey just say what he THINKS the seminar was about??? I said very breifly what WAS in fact presented. I did not go into details about what was IN the seminar, just the purpose. I think that is quite fair considering someone was suggesting the purpose as being quite different....

2nd Quote. I did not go into details about my beliefs and why they support what I try to do. I was just suggesting that I thought that people even outside of religion would still try to aim to be perfect. Since it is not about my 'religion', or indeed any religion, but rather what I understood to be the norm among those who aren't considered evil-doers, how can that be pushing my beliefs? If I am naieve about this too, then just tell me, don't confuse it with what I believe from what my 'religion' says.

3rd Quote. The context of this quote was after someone suggested that being 'perfect' was impossible, so why not just settle for good. The point I was making here is that we all strive for what - to me atleast - seems impossible, (that is, beating Chaz), even though I don't feel like I can ever reach his level. But that by aiming for Chaz anyway, I get better, and closer. Again, nothing about my beliefs, but a quite common speculation of whether we should settle for good, or go for perfect.

If someone says something about what they THINK I believe, or do, then don't I have the right to let you know what I ACTUALLY believe, or do. People can't just say what they like about something/one and expect no-one to counter what you have said...

And from your final comment, I guess you believe religion would be the only cause for aiming for perfection? Well, I guess we won't be seeing too many guys catching Chaz....
Blitzer

Post by Blitzer »

Bauer wrote:just though I would stop by and leave a note as I reach for the "stop watching this topic" button.
Then i doubt you will see this post :dunce:
[SCR] Blitzer
Southern Cross Racing
YubYub

Post by YubYub »

Blitzer wrote:Do tell me one thing though. There are hundres of religions out there. How the hell do you know you are devoting your life to the correct one yub? They are all based on facts re-written by men over thousands of years.
This will be a suprisingly quick post - because my 'religion' is a relationship, not a set of rules. The same way I know that you are real, because I can interact with you, I know that God is real...
Montey

Post by Montey »

YubYub wrote:
Blitzer wrote:Do tell me one thing though. There are hundres of religions out there. How the hell do you know you are devoting your life to the correct one yub? They are all based on facts re-written by men over thousands of years.
This will be a suprisingly quick post - because my 'religion' is a relationship, not a set of rules. The same way I know that you are real, because I can interact with you, I know that God is real...
Oh brother. :eyepop: :yikes: :fall: :faint:
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Cutter

Post by Cutter »

So while we're going off topic,
what about those tigers, wooped in the first outing of the season.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

I like pie.
Blitzer

Post by Blitzer »

bah, thats just pre-season :D The tiger's will come through. We have the great white hope, Wallace :)
[SCR] Blitzer
Southern Cross Racing
Threeps

Post by Threeps »

Yeah the Wests Tigers will make the finals this year :), talking of footy, we should set up a footy tipping comp for ARSE, you can do it at oztips.com. Or maybe two, one for NRL and one for AFL, I'll join both. What was the topic again?
Cutter

Post by Cutter »

Threeps wrote: What was the topic again?
;)
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Chaz
Stig

Post by Chaz »

:wtf:
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

FFS guys.

either you're interested in participating in a charity race or you're not
where on earth did all this other crap come in.

i guess since you're all doing it ill jump on the bandwagon and present you with some information on turnips
http://www.truestarhealth.com/Notes/1982006.html
in time you too will worship the turnip's perfect form.
Last edited by Takumi on Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's been nice, chaps.
breakneck

Post by breakneck »

Takumi wrote: i guess since you're all doing it ill jump on the bandwagon and present you with some information on turnips
http://www.truestarhealth.com/Notes/1982006.html
:rofl:
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

Yep, all this talk about religion... CBF!!!

I'd much rather be racing :)

...or going down the beach, yay for hot weather!!!
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
bmcb

Post by bmcb »

I almost forgot i was in the LFS forum.
Xalies

Post by Xalies »

Takumi wrote:FFS guys.

either you're interested in participating in a charity race or you're not
:yes: stop hijcking .. lol