Rfactor video

ISI's new sim rFactor
DougGeg

Rfactor video

Post by DougGeg »

Nothing smashing here, but I put this together trying to get some of my nascar buds to try out the demo.

http://www.bontempsproductions.com/movies/rf.wmv

For those that haven't downloaded it yet, grab the game at

http://www.rfactor.net
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

is rFactor infected by that starforce program like GTR? probably not since not made by the same guys I guess.

I did have a copy floating around somewhere, has there been a new demo since the multiplayer testing one? EDIT: oops, just noticed the updates on the website.. hehehe

DL'ing vid now.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

nice, makes me want to have a race in rFactor again :D
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

DougGeg what server do you normally race on?
DougGeg

Post by DougGeg »

Whichever has people in it. Usually the jolt (I think that's what it is) HC or AA server
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Maybe it's the music but one of the big things I've heard about rFactor when people compare it to LFS is the better sound which to be honest didn't seem much better in the vid. Still it does look like a good game, I just might not have the time to give it much of a shot with LFS taking up all my gaming time.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Sarsippius wrote:Maybe it's the music but one of the big things I've heard about rFactor when people compare it to LFS is the better sound which to be honest didn't seem much better in the vid. Still it does look like a good game, I just might not have the time to give it much of a shot with LFS taking up all my gaming time.
I don't know...I did not like the S2 sounds originally, but got used to it. I found the GTR's sounds great, but these in rF are just plain. Not good at all.
It's the driving what's the best point, the physics engine of the tyres. And the moddability. It's insane (even tho I'm not modding)
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Gents, I suggest you play the game for a while. Whilst I am still not a huge fan, my god the sounds crap all over LFS from a very great height.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Nice vid, but I question whether rFactor has engine damage after seeing the tacho in action. :lol:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

norbs wrote:Gents, I suggest you play the game for a while. Whilst I am still not a huge fan, my god the sounds crap all over LFS from a very great height.
Why do you think I'm in div D right now? :-)
I could not play LFS, simply could not after the rF release....but the engine sounds I don't like. But I guess it's not a big deal, as it's all moddable, changeable, and I can get used to it too :-)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

SHoNKY wrote:Nice vid, but I question whether rFactor has engine damage after seeing the tacho in action. :lol:
Yep, you can fry the motor nicely, and it gets damaged in big crashes too.
But the damange is tuned down IMHO....and I don't know if it can be turned up in any simple way
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

holy thread ressurection batman :yikes:

also in Div D thanks to rfactor and a few days away (best I would have hoped for was Div C so its no big deal.

Very likely to be my last AAL race tonight as I just signed up for an F3 series and I rarely do more than 1 series at a time.
--------------
Stu