My First B&W

ARSE's photographers and arts forum
Shonky

My First B&W

Post by Shonky »

Jumped in the car today with the gear with no plans in mind other than to head south east and see where I ended up, took a few good shots, with this one being my first go at a black & white conversion, for some reason B&W just seemed to fit better with this one. C&C welcome.

Last edited by Shonky on Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Good use of tones. Nice composition. I have always thought that lines work well with B&W, and that is clear here.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

nice work Shonky... looks good :yes:
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

So much to learn, shooting in RAW makes for a fair bit of processsing work but it's worth it I think for the end result.

Another image from yesterdays trip, I call it Low Tide.

Well not large enough in my opinion, I uploaded a 1600x751 image, but Flickr is only showing a 1024x481 as the max size, anyone know why?
Last edited by Shonky on Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

I like shoot RAW, it just makes for better images in the end. I like that second image more than the first.
Just remember that B&W is not "Grayscale-ing" your image. its far more complicated than that. Its all about tone and progression of light and shadow

re: filckr I think you need a "pro" account for you to display bigger images.
also to intergrate a medium sized image display to large image within the browser its

the main URL image and the JPG medium image
eg:
[ url=http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id ... 687&size=o][ img]http://static.flickr.com/142/323656687_1838cc89b8.jpg[/img][/url]
Last edited by Nigel on Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Cheers for the linking help Nige, I was just about to edit the post regarding image sizes, I already got my own hosting so I might look at hosting images myself rather than paying Flickr, just need to find a decent photo gallery script.