Race of Champions track

LFS chat
Montey

Race of Champions track

Post by Montey »

To our track designers.

Has anyone attempted to model something like the track used at Wembley stadium for the Race of Champions in the carpark?

http://www.raceofchampions.com/
Track: http://www.raceofchampions.com/all_imag ... ck2006.jpg

Would be cool to do a 1-on-1 race off setup such as this.

Thoughts?
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

its been modelled for Rfactor.. without a Bridge it makes things hard to do it in LFS.

FMR ran a Special Stage event once that used the Super Special Stage concept.. turned out some awesome racing. I'd be keen to run another one once the kart series is done if people are keen.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Hz-Lab wrote:its been modelled for Rfactor.. without a Bridge it makes things hard to do it in LFS.

FMR ran a Special Stage event once that used the Super Special Stage concept.. turned out some awesome racing. I'd be keen to run another one once the kart series is done if people are keen.
good idea. i want another go at retaining my crown :lol:
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

if i can think back that far... i think scottie and i made an autoX version of the 2005 Race of Champions in LFS S1 (had to use all cones, no solid barriers) scottie might still have it, but i dont :(

i started making it based on the real dimensions of the track, it only felt wide enough to use the MRT on back then...
Now with Added Flickr
Montey

Post by Montey »

Hz-Lab wrote:its been modelled for Rfactor.. without a Bridge it makes things hard to do it in LFS.
You could replace the bridge with a small jump. Ramp up and ramp down, just a gap immediately over the underpassing track.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

or have a crossroads... make it just that little more interesting for the spectators ;)
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

matticooper wrote:or have a crossroads... make it just that little more interesting for the spectators ;)
I'd like to see that! :D
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Montey wrote:
You could replace the bridge with a small jump. Ramp up and ramp down, just a gap immediately over the underpassing track.
yeah thats what we did on our tracks for the event.. worked pretty well actually. If the cars actually crossed over at the same time there was still a bit of roof clippage though.. and the LFS ramps are unpredictable at times too, and occasionally shoot people in wonderful directions for no reason.. This may be better now after a few patches though.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Hz-Lab wrote:
Montey wrote:
yeah thats what we did on our tracks for the event.. worked pretty well actually. If the cars actually crossed over at the same time there was still a bit of roof clippage though.. and the LFS ramps are unpredictable at times too, and occasionally shoot people in wonderful directions for no reason.. This may be better now after a few patches though.
I don't think it's been fiddled with at all since S2 alpha
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Yeah I made a track for that... cant for the life of me remember where it got to though! I'll have a scrounge around for it and let ya know.

If ya don't hear from me, call the meds, or I just haven't found it...
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Super Special Stages FTW.

They were great fun today Hz :yes:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

Yeah, I had fun too... wanna give it a shot with lx's next :)
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Was good fun, my eyes are sore this evening though :)
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Super close jump with Hz :yes:
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

that is a killer screen... killer
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

1600x1200 Version :photo: