FMR Sprintkart Series 2007 - Rd 2 Results and Standings

LFS chat
Rumble

Post by Rumble »

Mr.Ferret wrote:Mate during the race i was carefully trying to get past you...yet again. R8 managed to catch up thanks to you and i was watching you during the other races, i mean bloody hell wake up
bit harsh, sure he was alot slower but he got out of the way pronto. did you just catch him and slam straight into him or something? common sense is needed sometimes :)
Ill knuckle down and study tomorrow, im going racing today.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Rumble wrote:bit harsh, sure he was alot slower but he got out of the way pronto. did you just catch him and slam straight into him or something? common sense is needed
that might have been the case for you rumble, and i cannot speak for Ferret. but on multiple occasions trying to lap goodthing i had to fight my way past.

Now we all know people have to start somewhere, and he may not be quite up to speed like the majority of us. but common sense should prevail, simply slowing down a bit and moving to off the racing line should suffice, but most of the time goodthing did not.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

r8response wrote:... but on multiple occasions trying to lap goodthing i had to fight my way past.

Now we all know people have to start somewhere, and he may not be quite up to speed like the majority of us. but common sense should prevail, simply slowing down a bit and moving to off the racing line should suffice, but most of the time goodthing did not.
the below link should be used, hopefully solving this sort of issue for the rest of the series :)

Rules
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

in my opinion from the birdseye view, goodthing conducted himself a lot better this week than last week. I think he did a pretty good job considering. The main holdups i saw that happened a few times were when he had moved out the way of others, and rejoined the racing line and had cut people off. Now to the person who gets cut off this seems very annoying. However, on a track where you are winding around so much like these, its hard to get a good view in the mirror. And also, with no track map, you have no idea how many cars are actually behind you. So i think most cases were due to him rejoining the race line after politely letting someone through.

Its unfortunate, but hardly something to raz the guy about. he's doin his best..
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Hz-Lab wrote:in my opinion from the birdseye view, goodthing conducted himself a lot better this week than last week. I think he did a pretty good job considering. The main holdups i saw that happened a few times were when he had moved out the way of others, and rejoined the racing line and had cut people off. Now to the person who gets cut off this seems very annoying. However, on a track where you are winding around so much like these, its hard to get a good view in the mirror. And also, with no track map, you have no idea how many cars are actually behind you.
Absolutely, I found my self with a sick kart 3 out of 4 races I ran last night so I had to spend a fair bit of time looking in my mirrors. On two occaisons I moved off the line to let others through only to rejoin the racing line right in front of someone else, there was no way really to tell if anyone was coming once I went off the line because then your not going to see anyone in the mirrors. Luckily both guys managed to avoid me. I also spent a bit of time racing against goodthing as well as overlapping him one race and found he was much more aware of what was going on around him and a big improvement on last week.
I think some drivers need to develop a bit more patience (r8 and ferret for example) and think about the overall picture instead of what's happening right at one point in time, races change and stressing out or rage quitting will get you nowhere, you would have made the A main had you finished r8 instead of rage quitting.

This series isnt meant to be for sheepstations anyway, its just meant to be a bit of fun with some variety from the norm
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Enforcer-J wrote:I think some drivers need to develop a bit more patience (r8 and ferret for example)
if your refering to the accident between myself and ferret, then you'd need to know all the facts first. that accident had nothing to do with either of us being impatient, next time save the replay and watch it. you'll see that i had quite a bit of damage that made the car hard to drive.
Enforcer-J wrote:you would have made the A main had you finished r8 instead of rage quitting.
And maybe if i hadnt been off from work for the past 2 days with a stuffed back. i can't sit infront of the computer for too long, between each of the races i was up and walking around :rolleyes:
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

r8response wrote:next time save the replay and watch it. you'll see that i had quite a bit of damage that made the car hard to drive.
bit odd to plan accidents in advance....
r8response wrote: And maybe if i hadnt been off from work for the past 2 days with a stuffed back. i can't sit infront of the computer for too long, between each of the races i was up and walking around :rolleyes:
sore back last week too?
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Hz-Lab wrote:bit odd to plan accidents in advance....
not everything is a joke i hope you realise.
Hz-Lab wrote:sore back last week too?
its fine if you don't believe me, i really couldn't give a rats arse.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

r8response wrote:
Hz-Lab wrote:bit odd to plan accidents in advance....
not everything is a joke i hope you realise.
hmm, and not everything is so serious either man.....
r8response wrote:its fine if you don't believe me, i really couldn't give a rats arse.
I never said anything about not believing you.. it was more a question of why you left early last week in what looked very much like a r8ge quit. I have no doubt you have a sore back now, there's no reason for me to think otherwise.

And in the event of having to leave early for something like that. I know I personally would post a little apology of sorts.. JTM did, and he's a so called "spoilt brat"... your words, not mine.. Blowtus didn't even have his PC running to start with, probably had 200 things that he had to do, but yet, he found the time to drop in and say "sorry fella's, here's my situation...." I mean its not compulsary.. just a little courtesy.

Also, while i'm on my little rant.. the constant "Rigged" sledging you have done for the last couple weeks is fucking annoying, I dont see you goin out of your way to run an event for others enjoyment that you dont even get to drive in yourself. I put a bit of time into organising this, and i do it off my own back, with no real rewards for myself. Just so people can have a little fun, and trust me in saying that it is not rigged in any manner. How bout you stopp being the "spoilt brat" and show a little respect..
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

couldn't believe my luck when I saw you getting closer and then have to dodge ya second time around ReppohC...
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

matticooper wrote:couldn't believe my luck when I saw you getting closer and then have to dodge ya second time around ReppohC...
was definately closely fought out the front there for a while.. this series has thrown up a few suprises, definately not the reppohC whitewash i thought it was gonna be in the start. hehe.. which honestly.. can only be a good thing.. nothing more boring than a series dominated by one person. Allthough as far as car speed goes, he's definately got the edge on the rest of the field.. gonna make it interesting
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

r8response wrote:
Enforcer-J wrote:I think some drivers need to develop a bit more patience (r8 and ferret for example)
if your refering to the accident between myself and ferret, then you'd need to know all the facts first. that accident had nothing to do with either of us being impatient, next time save the replay and watch it. you'll see that i had quite a bit of damage that made the car hard to drive.
No I wasn't referring to that, didn't even know it happened. I was referring to your comments re: goodthing, he was well aware that he didn't have the pace to be at the front and was genuinely concerned about affecting the outcome in the races and from what I saw he made the effort to make room, you can't expect someone to move over the instant your on their tail, especially on combos like these on 20 second tracks, it's all part of it and I'm sure your aware of that. Those with a little patience have little to complain about. :shrug:
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Hz-Lab wrote: Also, while i'm on my little rant.. the constant "Rigged" sledging you have done for the last couple weeks is fucking annoying, I dont see you goin out of your way to run an event for others enjoyment that you dont even get to drive in yourself. I put a bit of time into organising this, and i do it off my own back, with no real rewards for myself. Just so people can have a little fun, and trust me in saying that it is not rigged in any manner. How bout you stopp being the "spoilt brat" and show a little respect..
interesting. i'd like to point out im not the only person saying rigged, yet you seem fit to single me out.

as for me calling JTM a spoilt brat, thats something between him and myself to discuss, and has nothing to do with you.
Enforcer-J wrote:I was referring to your comments re: goodthing, he was well aware that he didn't have the pace to be at the front and was genuinely concerned about affecting the outcome in the races and from what I saw he made the effort to make room, you can't expect someone to move over the instant your on their tail, especially on combos like these on 20 second tracks, it's all part of it and I'm sure your aware of that. Those with a little patience have little to complain about. :shrug:
thats the thing with this game, what you see and what i see are two very different things. i don' expect people to put themselves out of the race just to clear the track for faster people to go on through.

but what i do believe is that we shouldn't have to fight with a backmarker just to pass them. but like you said, you saw otherwise. you can't be expected to see everything that goes on.

as for patience, i have all the patience in the world. its when you are stuck behing the person for 2 laps because as soon as you attempt to pass them, make an erratic manouver borking your pass attempt
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

r8response wrote:
interesting. i'd like to point out im not the only person saying rigged, yet you seem fit to single me out.
yeah, others said it once, got over it, you're the only one to harp on it. also adding comments like "how is that random?..rigged" and other bullshit. I have watched the replays numerous times.. i know what was said.
r8response wrote:as for me calling JTM a spoilt brat, thats something between him and myself to discuss, and has nothing to do with you.
Voice it in a public arena, expect public comment.....
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Hz-Lab wrote:you're the only one to harp on it. also adding comments like "how is that random?..rigged"
i don't think so. im not going to name others. but if thats the way you want to think fine. but i assure you, you are quite wrong. and i've never said "how is that random?..rigged". so stop talking shit. and if i did, i have completely no recollection. though it seems whatever i say im wrong. so ill just leave it at that.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

they wern't your precise words no.. but they were along those lines. I can dig them up if you want me to though.

i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and presume they were all tongue in cheek comments, but i mean 1 or 2 "rigged" calls then fair enough, bit of harmless ribbing, but the continuation of it tends to come accross as more of a dig.

FYI.. the random grids are determined by randomly generated numbers being allocated to each driver in an excel spreadsheet then sorted in an ascending order. For future races i can record it with fraps and post them up for you to authenticate if need be.

i dunno, maybe its all part of your scheme to keep your "cry baby" tag and you get off on whingin, or maybe you just have your r8gs.
Ap0c

Post by Ap0c »

*Queue The Lion King Music*

Can you feeel the looooove tonight....
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Well i'm gonna apologize to good thing. I understand your new i was just torn up caus i was leading for once and whilst trying to get around you i lost the lead and would have no hope of keeping in touch with R8 then i got outta my rhythm and crashed on my own accord. So, sorry mate for making a big fuss n everything.
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

r8response wrote: as for me calling JTM a spoilt brat, thats something between him and myself to discuss, and has nothing to do with you.
When was this?
...And why?
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

JTM29 wrote:
r8response wrote: as for me calling JTM a spoilt brat, thats something between him and myself to discuss, and has nothing to do with you.
When was this?
...And why?
month or so back. taking the piss out of you about your ute :nod:
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

:rolf:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Someone's jealous :nod:

*awaits for some sort of a "i don't give a dam" related reply proving that he does actually give a dam because if he didn't then he wouldn't reply but he always does reply because he can't help himself and needs to have an argument with somebody, anybody, just as long as he's involved it doesnt matter as long as he is right and to be right you must have the last word even if it is actually wrong but it never is but if it was it doesnt matter anyway because he doesnt give a dam so here I am, waiting, enjoying, all that is gr8.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Enforcer-J wrote:Someone's jealous :nod:

*awaits for some sort of a "i don't give a dam" related reply proving that he does actually give a dam because if he didn't then he wouldn't reply but he always does reply because he can't help himself and needs to have an argument with somebody, anybody, just as long as he's involved it doesnt matter as long as he is right and to be right you must have the last word even if it is actually wrong but it never is but if it was it doesnt matter anyway because he doesnt give a dam so here I am, waiting, enjoying, all that is gr8.
hey, that describes me... :rofl: .. pfft.. i dont give a damn anyway.... :lol:
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Hz-Lab wrote:
Enforcer-J wrote:Someone's jealous :nod:

hey, that describes me... :rofl: .. pfft.. i dont give a damn anyway.... :lol:
haha, you got the last word... oh wait thats me :lol:
Last edited by r8response on Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

:rolleyes:

anywho.. new track should be tommorow for the next round. I am gonna start a new thread for rd 3 as i upload the track, rather than having to bounce back and forward between the "official thread" and the round threads.. we'll just keep the rounds in their own little package... hehe.. little package..