RACE OF ARSE-PIONS

LFS chat
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

RACE OF ARSE-PIONS

Post by Hz-Lab »

well. It's time we sorted out who's the best of the best... so its on..

In the tradition of the Race of Champions, I give you the....

A Super Special Stage based Tournament using 3 different cars to determine who rules the roost...

For anyone who is not familiar with the Race of Champions its basically a 1 on 1 knockout tournament where cars run on
a specially built circuit in a fast paced, rally-esque, sprint of intencity.. best out of 3 races advances.

The cars up for offer will be....

the XRG - easy real wheel drive fun for the whole family...
the RB4 - a 4wd group A kinda machine..
the FXR - Speedwaise - relatively close to a WRC car and super fun to slide around.

You will run races in each of these cars, in that order. over 2 laps on the special built layout. It's quick, It's fun, It's do or die.

The rounds in the early days will be best out of 3 races, where as when we hit the final 4, it'll be down to best of 9.

The 1st weeks event will be purely a qualifying event. You will still run the normal format, however, whilst driving against another car, you are only racing the clock.

DNF's in this qualification round will result in a overall (slow) time being given for that run.

This qualifying round will determine where you start on the tournament tree. Fastest races Slowest and so on..

depending on numbers, a few of the top qualifiers will recieve bye's for their 1st tourney round and will go straight to round 2.

after that. Each round will be a knockout. you lose your "match" and you are gone.. it keeps flowing that way until we have a winner.

One Round a week, except for the final 4 which will be ran on the same night.

In addition to this, we present the...

to run parrallel to the ROA, this event runs by the same rules and system with one slight difference..

Teams must elect 2 drivers (of which can be changed from round to round) to run the events..

each driver must run atleast one of the races, the 3rd race can be driven by either, at their discretion.

the final 4 will also run 9 race rounds, in which case, each driver must drive a minimum of 4 races, with the remainding race chosen at their discretion again.

The ROATC will also run a qualification round on the same night of the ROA

"Matches" will be allocated a start time (most likely 10 mins apart for each pair of drivers" and an email will be sent out prior to the event notifying you of your match and start time.

Because of this we can handle as many entries as we get, as the server will never get full, because you jump in, race your match and jump out.

This event will require absolutely shit all commitment from you guys, at the most maybe 15 minutes a week. Its fun, Its fast and its intense. Get behind it.
Even you non-regular LFS'ers, if you have it on your PC, get on board with this. like i said, 15 mins a week.

Looking to start in the next fortnight.

Now taking applications for entry...

Please PM me with your email address to gain entry. I will compile a mailing list for the Race notifications from your emails.
Sure beats the heck out of using Arse's PM system.

If you want to enter your team, please post here and allocate someone to be your team captain for any correspondence (the team captain does not have to race every event)

So yeah.. Get on it. As per convo with Woodsy, the top 3 place getters will be given a little ROA# tag to sit above their avi's
so its a kind of Trophy.

Please support this idea, as we'd like to make it a Yearly event, if not twice yearly..

any questions? post them here...
Last edited by Hz-Lab on Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

I have a question, where are my keys? :)

Inskie!!
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Vilante 11 wrote:I have a question, where are my keys? :)

Inskie!!
well, PM me ur email biyatch.. no special treatment for teamies.. ha.. nah its ok.. i got ur email
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

Sounds interesting. Is there a limit on how many times a driver from a team can run... Because we only have the 3 members at the moment :D
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Dan wrote:Sounds interesting. Is there a limit on how many times a driver from a team can run... Because we only have the 3 members at the moment :D
did you read the announcement? for the team event, 2 drivers per night, but drivers can change each round. So technically, you only need 2

P.S. as far as a night for this goes, i am thinking tuesday night, as not to clash with the Rfactor 1979 mod series.. any comments regarding this welcome
Blowtus

Post by Blowtus »

Are the layouts going to be posted in advance?
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Blowtus wrote:Are the layouts going to be posted in advance?
yes. the layout will be posted as soon as its completed.. (this weekend some time). This layout will be used for the entire event.
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

Hz-Lab wrote:
Dan wrote:Sounds interesting. Is there a limit on how many times a driver from a team can run... Because we only have the 3 members at the moment :D
did you read the announcement? for the team event, 2 drivers per night, but drivers can change each round. So technically, you only need 2

P.S. as far as a night for this goes, i am thinking tuesday night, as not to clash with the Rfactor 1979 mod series.. any comments regarding this welcome

Yes, I did read the announcement... That's why i'm asking if a driver is limited to how many times he can drive. But sorry I get it now :fall:

the XRG - easy real wheel drive fun for the whole family...

I'm sure they all have Real wheel drive :D
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Dan wrote:
I'm sure they all have Real wheel drive :D
thanks for pointing that out, i'll take it onboard :rolleyes:
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

You say you are looking to start this in a fortnight but do you have an idea when you'd like applications to be sent by?
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

In.

but you know that already
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Scuderia_Alan wrote:You say you are looking to start this in a fortnight but do you have an idea when you'd like applications to be sent by?
well, from now up to the day before the event. i will announce the start date early next week
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

This is what ur racing for...

Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

Even you non-regular LFS'ers, if you have it on your PC, get on board with this. like i said, 15 mins a week.
You might have got me with this. :tilt:

Probably have to 'patch up' and will certainly depend on when (other commitments) but I'll anchor a team (by which I mean a dead weight :yikes: ). :lol: :D
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

lemme just say that if people want to put their names down for this, you must PM me ur email for future correspondence.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

I'm IN!
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Scottie wrote:I'm IN!
read the post right above yours scottie
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

i'm in.

you know my email.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

if anyone wants to see what its all about, go the the FMR server, password: ROA
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

PM sent....
eMPee

Post by eMPee »

sounds good HZ. I will pm u shortly :)
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

PM sent, might have a go later on tonight :)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Dont forget to nominate your Team.. you can do that in here. Dont need a PM for that.
confuzion

Post by confuzion »

add me baby
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Can't connect to the FMR server atm, something is borked. :(