Backspin

Hit ya balls into this forum
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Backspin

Post by Big Kev »

Does this work?

I've got the dot as low as I can get it (just above the grass) and it seems to make sod all difference to the bounce on approach shots.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

I think it's beacuse you need some "skill points". The higher your skill points are, the more backspin that is created.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

ahhhhhh

Cheers for that.

I forgot last night too that you rack up those skill point things so I had about 12 to distribute. Knocked a couple off my HC as a result :)
My Flickr Stream
fp

Post by fp »

Even if you don't increase your skill stat, just having a higher level seems to gradually improve control of backspin.
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I'm up to level 9 now I think so that's going ok.

My first job tonight is to use some of my cash to buy a new haircut. I look a right ginger twat at the moment.

Then I might invest in some new bats.
My Flickr Stream
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

don't waste ya points on skill stat as you dont need to....buy better balls...eventually the balls you are given when you start will run out then you have to buy balls to play.

you can get 2 piece or 3 piece....3 piece will give you much more backspin...i prefer 2 piece as i can control it more and am used to it....buts its personal preference.

oh and my skill stat is 9 :)

ARSE Resident Golf Alien.......your golf ARSE's are mine :D
fp

Post by fp »

Have been wondering that for a little while myself... what are the differences between 2-piece and 3-piece balls?
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Blimey, didn't realise you had to buy golf balls! They're much more important than hair!

I'm nudging 100k (thanks to a 48k win last night!) now so I might venture into the shop although I think the clubs are well out of my price range at the moment.
My Flickr Stream
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

2 piece balls tend to stop fairly quickly with little backspin....3 piece backspin a fair bit..both arw btter than the balls you start with

J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

Aren't the balls you start with just the standard 2 peice balls. I've just been repairing the balls instead of letting them run out and buying new ones.
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

trust me they are no where near as good as the balls you can buy.....or win in the present boxes.

unfortunately the cheapest balls you can buy are 50,000ngs and thats the 2 piece, but they come in lots of one hundred so thats not too bad.

the balls on sale in the square all come with a stat advantage......ie i prefer the Peso 2 piece and they come with a +1 impact.....so they go staighter

(or so the theory goes lol ), the other balls come with +1 power, stamina & skill. i guess if you bought the 3 piece balls with +1 skill advantage then

you could backspin away to your hearts content :) The present box balls are better again as they usually have a higher stat advantage , but only come

in lots of 18.

J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

Oh, i see what you mean. Nah, i just stay away from them. They cost too much and are probably not worth it, :S
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Errmmm... so, ahhh, how do I even get the ball to back spin? I had a quick practice last night and couldn't get that little red dot to move at all...
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Right click the ball Mick.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.