Your gear. The good and the bad.

ARSE's photographers and arts forum
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Re: Your gear. The good and the bad.

Post by DexterPunk »

i got mole on msn, i might tell him to get his bum over here.
iMAXIBON

Post by iMAXIBON »

ooh oh oh oh i just bought a welta belfoca 2 because it was in a second hand shop and it folded up and was super neat. the shutter wasnt responding to input but now i know what to do about that :aussie: and now it works nicely :D

its in fabulous condition too and takes 6 by 9 cm pictures, the bellows are like brand new and i found a little homeless screw castaway under the top cover which i couldnt quite figure out.

going to check the infinite focus and then put some medium format film [LADIES] through it [OH YEAH]

YEAH maybe i'll take a pic of it. maybe. not buying any more cameras! will start talking to strangers about them at the bus stop.
Swain OHaw

Post by Swain OHaw »

Digital n' associated shizzle:

Canon 20D - Never, ever done me wrong. Top camera.
Canon 17-40mm f/4 - Aye. T'was a fine lens, pillaged fer me Bronica and booty.
Sigma 20mm f/1.8 - It's been alright, when I've used it ... AF is rubbish but, all the more reason to be using Manual.
Canon 50mm f/1.8 - You love it, you slags. I do, even if you don't. Top lens.
Canon 85mm f/1.8 - It worked; worked well infact, when I used it, once ... twice maybe? Quality lens; apathetic owner.

From the old school:

Canonet 28 - Simple, quick and couldn't kill it with a stick. Oarsome festival camera.
Bronica ETRs - Rocks more than a quarry.
mole2k

Post by mole2k »

Between my me, my gf and my brother;
Canon 350D
Canon 400D
Canon 20D
Sigma 10-20mm
Canon EF-s 18-55mm
Canon 50mm f1.8
Canon EF-s 60mm f2.8 macro
Canon 70-200mm f4L
Canon 300mm f4L
Kenko 2x Teleconverter
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Swain OHaw wrote:Digital n' associated shizzle
lol! howdy Owain. :)
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

There is a Negative/Slide scanner on Zazz today..

looks interesting.. > http://www.zazz.com.au/

But ONLY today..
eek
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

id be a bit careful of those kind of scanners.. we have Nikon ones at uni, and they are a pain in the arse... still, thats pretty damn cheap.. might be worth the risk.
iMAXIBON

Post by iMAXIBON »

the madness, THE MADNESS

J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

Check out some of these jokers.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/732648

That must be the world's greatest pissing contest...
Last edited by J.D. on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
сначала мы убиваем американского лося и белку.

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

Proudly never a mod or admin at RSC from 2001 - 2009.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

jesus... i hope for his sake he makes some money out of his photography.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

:fall:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

iMAXIBON wrote:the madness, THE MADNESS

Now it is a race to see who can shove some film through their brick first. :yes: :yes:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Got the Magnum book of photography yesterday for my birthday, was pretty happy about that one.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

Happy Birthday Nige. :yes:

By the way, one of those jokers in the FM thread I linked to has every lens in the current Canon lineup. That includes an EF 1200mm f/5.6L. There were only ever about a dozen of these lenses ever built (made to order) and you can't buy one under $100K. God knows why...

"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell.

iMAXIBON

Post by iMAXIBON »

yeah i love art boox. they are pretty ridiculously expensive though so i borrow them fromt he uni library, which is almost entirely art boox.

norbs i have at least 9 pictures taken already, IN COLOUR. but one must factor in the day spent pulling it apart, cleaning it out, reading about how to put it back together on the internet, putting it back together, taking it apart to get a bit of cork i missed, putting it back together again, then deciding to clean the view optix aswell. they were so opaque you could taste the neglect :(

now they're all beautifully clean, accurate, and still reek. i think this argus was a very early model because the rear lens assembly didnt match any of the army or other diagrams i could find online. it had a wartime serial number too, starting with 034! the lens had some fungus etching [very minor] on the elements, and some scratches on the front, but it scubbed up pretty nicely, some im excited to see what the crazy old uncoated optics do to scenes from modern life.

finally i received a parts lens from a lynx 5000, so now i have a functioning 1000, a few spare parts, and a few grey hairs. time to see if it was all worth the effort i suppose!
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

iMAXIBON wrote:yeah i love art boox. they are pretty ridiculously expensive though so i borrow them fromt he uni library, which is almost entirely art boox.

norbs i have at least 9 pictures taken already, IN COLOUR. but one must factor in the day spent pulling it apart, cleaning it out, reading about how to put it back together on the internet, putting it back together, taking it apart to get a bit of cork i missed, putting it back together again, then deciding to clean the view optix aswell. they were so opaque you could taste the neglect :(

now they're all beautifully clean, accurate, and still reek. i think this argus was a very early model because the rear lens assembly didnt match any of the army or other diagrams i could find online. it had a wartime serial number too, starting with 034! the lens had some fungus etching [very minor] on the elements, and some scratches on the front, but it scubbed up pretty nicely, some im excited to see what the crazy old uncoated optics do to scenes from modern life.

finally i received a parts lens from a lynx 5000, so now i have a functioning 1000, a few spare parts, and a few grey hairs. time to see if it was all worth the effort i suppose!
Mine has just been loaded with some Ilford B&W. Might get it out there this weekend.

Oh, and Happy Birthday Nige.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
iMAXIBON

Post by iMAXIBON »

2 rolls finished, now where can i get it processed on a sunday? a=nowhere, SHIT NORBS IS CLOSING ON MY SIX! HE'S JAMMING MY WARP!
i was actually going to take the argus to a psytrance night out [GIRLS + LAZORZ] but the door man wouldnt let me in >< i hate the city
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

if your in melb.. im petty sure Vanbar are open sunday mornings....

edit: my mistake.... no they arnt :D
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

I went into Vanbar today and walked out with a tripod. I needed one and the price was too good to refuse. It's a Manfrotto 190XPROB with an 804RC2 head on it. I would have preferred a geared head but they're awfully expensive. The XPROB pods are interesting because you can turn the centre column horizontally for macro work etc. Should come in handy for tethered work.

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

how much are they there JD??

did you wave as you went passed my uni?? :D
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

I didn't go past your uni!

About $300. No suchy thing as a cheap tripod. Not one that's any good anyway... Still, if it does the job and fits the price bracket, it's basically good value so I can't complain.

Some of the scheisters at the top end of Elizabeth St had them for $295 but there weren't any left in stock.

Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Thats not quite true JD. I got my Manfroto 190pro for 60 dollars with the standard head on it from a Pawn shop. Always good to perouse the op shops and pawn shops.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

im a Slick fan boi... for the money i paid for mine, i dont believe you could get a manfrotto as good as it.
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

I bought one today... wondering if it's any good actually. Feels good... nice bit of weight to it (compared to the last thing I had) and the head comes out of the body to form a monopod so i'm happy with that. It's an Optex OPM2930. Everything moves nicely... some a little roughly for my liking but i've never used anything like manfroto for example so I have nothing to compare to. Just stoked I got a tripod and Mono in one :D
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
J.D.
Rat

Post by J.D. »

I have no experience of Slik. I couldn't find one I was interested in. Most were too small. I know they make a decent rig: I think the series is called 700 or something like that. Am I right?

Man, my old tripod is so light I barely trust it to mount a flash on. Everyone should have a half decent tripod.