LFS Dead in the ARSE? stolen from 2000 lfs forums posts.

LFS chat

Is LFS dying in the ARSE?

yes
69%
no
31%

Total votes: 45

Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

LFS Dead in the ARSE? stolen from 2000 lfs forums posts.

Post by Hz-Lab »

is LFS dying? from my perspective i think it is. and its a shame

For me, its just losing appeal. I just dont get excited about it anymore and it seems around here that its just not abuzz like it once was. I think its down to the likes of Rfactor mainly. It offers that little bit more. realistically the only thing that LFS has over Rfactor is physics. Albeit a major factor in why i still jump on LFS from time to time, how long will it keep people around?

LFS is in dire need of a major update to get the participation back. but when are we gonna see it? in my opinion, i think it needs to happen fricken quick.

thoughts? am i the only one who thinks this?
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

If you choose not to participate, who's to blame?
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

i participate, sheesh, i try and run events that get plenty of initial hype then people just can't be arsed rocking up. I'm not saying LFS is crap or anything, hell i still love it. I'm just saying it appears the participation is much lower than say, a year ago. just wondering why...

as far as AAL goes i havnt ran in a while, mainly due to the fact i was working away from home and had no net access during the week, and also because the Open Wheel series just aint my thing since i have been back. Next series i plan to be back into it. but thats not what i'm trying to discuss here...
YnoT

Post by YnoT »

i have no rfactor on my computer, but I'm also losing interest in LFS for quite a while now as you can see from my online race results, only race on AAL wed nights and 1 or 2 races with it on another day, compared to like 2 or 3 months ago i was racing a few nights every week and enjoyed it, its just not as fun as before and the development of LFS is slow.........it just needs some extra features or something
efast

Post by efast »

go drifting, try something new is always not a bad idea
Image Image
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

efast wrote:go drifting, try something new is always not a bad idea
drifting is new now?
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

in all seriousness.. maybe 2 new cars, 2 new tracks and night racing, would get my interest levels way up there again
pogo

Post by pogo »

I've been LFS'ing pretty solid for ~ 4 1/2 years........ I haven't had any urge to race in a few weeks...... and it's been petering off before that....... so, yeah, I guess I'm bored with it :shrug:

Would a car/track update 're-interest' me? Probably not, tbh. It would need a big physics patch as well [weather, real-time racing, grip, etc] at the very least, for me to really dig it again.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

For me I'm not sure if I'm bored with LFS, or other interests taking over. I still like to have a crack at LFS every now and then, but it would need a fairly good update for me to make time for it like I used to. Just too many other interests that have a higher priority these days.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

I lost intrest in LFS the middle of last year.

I just got sick of the car/track combination's, there is only soo many laps of each track you can do before your bored.

I occasionally fire up my wheel, but I find ill go strait to v8 factor, which as a sim, I KNOW is not even close to LFS in terms of realism, or even fun factor.. but I havnt played it to death yet.
richo

Post by richo »

I dunno i still enjoy it but getting time to race is a pain in the arse,as for the game/sim its self i dont think theres anything really wrong or old with it.

If the racings good who cares if the track/car combo is getting old? Its the racing thats important the sim itself is a means to an end ,sure it would be nice to have an update (be fucking nice tbh).

Ive been having more fun driving Uf100,s on the Stcc server for new or crap drivers (which speaks volumes about my driving) than just about anything else lately.
[]D [] []v[] []D
efast

Post by efast »

yeah stcc is more fun to drive around, since there's always people there and its clean, plus the track combo is not bad either
Image Image
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

until they put Grid Girls in it like richo's avatar im not coming back!!! nice rack...

erm, back to topic... You know what all you greedy mofo's need, 7 months in the desert! haha... ill be playing all these 'new' games when i get back, i've never seen v8factor, havent played LFS since the T update got released and GTR2, that other simbin one that Cetram told me about... yeah boy... Altho i havent had a pleasurable experience playing GTR/GTL online and i dont know what difference has been made by the other two additions from Simbin... So i usually play them single player, for me thats more fun.

LFS is always going to be the sim i choose for online racing...
besides, ill be the slowest racer in Aus when i get back, so i will enjoy racing whoever is out there to learn what its all about again.

'comments from the super coach'
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Sin wrote: erm, back to topic... You know what all you greedy mofo's need, 7 months in the desert! haha...
but you got to root cheerleaders.. its been years since i've done that...
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Master server seems to be up the ARSE :(

Just when i had some time to play LFS tonight :fall:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Yep lfs is seriously getting old. It needs more immersion in my opinion.

like i couldnt care for more cars n tracks i just want more variables, saftey cars, the whole race weekend thing, engine damage,
proper pit stops more REAL racing immersion that sort of thing, variables variables variables!
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

i know what u mean fez. Rain and night racing would get my balls tingling for another year i reckon. Safety cars would be good. I mean as far as physics go i reckon LFS has it down pat. but yeah. Its still my fave racing sim. its just like you said. the immerstion just aint there anymore.
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

I have gotten over a bit lately,
I few new things like a track or cars, or something would get me back into pretty quickly, But at the moment i am just having a break, will get back into it soon, just need to give it a rest for a while. As soon as i build my new computer, because our old one got stuffed because it was being used during a storm, i should get back into it.

But it generally seems to be dieing down a bit, not as much chat here by the looks of things, haven't really been in LFS online so i dont know how many people are on that.

JTM
Blowtus

Post by Blowtus »

I still find a good race just as good as ever - it could certainly do with a freshen up though. Decent damage / collisions, weather, and a new environment or two would go a long way :)
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Blowtus wrote:I still find a good race just as good as ever - it could certainly do with a freshen up though. Decent damage / collisions, weather, and a new environment or two would go a long way :)
Agree :nod:
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

wabbit wrote:
Blowtus wrote:I still find a good race just as good as ever - it could certainly do with a freshen up though. Decent damage / collisions, weather, and a new environment or two would go a long way :)
Agree :nod:
+1

Its still quite fun for me, but it does need something..... :yes:
Steve
---
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

hmm. 81% yes.. a larger number than i expected.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I just can't stand the shithouse new sounds in lfs, it put me right off. It's so bloody awful especially when compared to the likes of rFactor and GTR. The physics are the best in a racing sim by a longshot but the rest of it is getting old and when Scavier considered the new sounds to be "an improvement", I began to lose hope and I'm a bit worried in the direction they are taking the game......... backwards. The last major update was nearly a year ago!
efast

Post by efast »

to get rFactor sounds in LFS, get CSR sound remixer and download the sound packages made by the communnity, and if you got the right sound packages you won't be disappointed
Image Image
pogo

Post by pogo »

I said :
pogo wrote:so, yeah, I guess I'm bored with it :shrug:
but SHoNKY summed it up better for me with :
SHoNKY wrote:For me I'm not sure if I'm bored with LFS, or other interests taking over. I still like to have a crack at LFS every now and then, but it would need a fairly good update for me to make time for it like I used to. Just too many other interests that have a higher priority these days.
My "yes" vote = "I'm bored with PC gaming in general, and frustrated with LFS's development", and is not necessarily a "LFS is dying" vote. I can't really comment on that as I have no online-activity or forum-usage data.

That said, besides BF, LFS's pretty much the only online game I have time for. I really hope they have something (big) in the works....