Your Cool Artworks.....

ARSE's photographers and arts forum
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

That building looks great Righty. :yes:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Righteous wrote:Yeah the clay renders always look good. I have been studying a fair bit on lighting lately as my knowledge was pretty limited before it's nice to see it's paying off a bit. I don't choose light colours with the colour picker any more, I discovered that you can actually pick your colours in Kelvin in Lightwave. Hurray!! No more dodgy lighting :)
Yeah, same deal in max. Although for external I just use the vray sun which works a treat. It has lots of options including atmospheric haze and automatically changes the lighting colour depending on time of day etc. I'd like to give lightwave a go one day but reckon it's hard enough learning just one rendering package rather than confusing things with two or more... :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Righteous wrote:Sound like a divorce firm or something lol.
Can you do renders of those? :D
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

He he, yes I probably could render a divorce firm...... The building at least.

@Exar, I woudl probably like to learn Max too but I have tried once or twice and the interface just gives me the shits. I hate all the icons, it just doesn't work for me. I agree, trying to learn more then one program at a time hurts your head after a while. With work I do so much stuff with premiere and green screen software and now I am starting to do some after effects things, I really don't have space in my brain to learn anything else.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

After effects is the devil as far as brain hurt goes.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Haha yeah. I've only tried it out once or twice and just have no idea with it.

I use a couple of different CAD programs at work so it's bad enough going from those to Max. Every program has a different way of rotating objects and it shits me no end.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Ahh, no this is a plugin that adds to the LW toolset. It's brilliant really. http://www.wtools3d.com/

It's all within Lightwave it just gives you a stack of tools to do Arch Viz stuff with. You can create everything to scale it has roof tools, windows, floors, stairs, moldings etc. Really fantastic tool.

After effects is a tough one but I am getting there with it :)
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Started work on a character this weekend. I have been learning to rig and animate my characters, I'm finally at a point where I feel like I should be able to do everything I need to create a cool little short film.

This is just a freeze frame of part of a walk cycle. I just wanted to make sure the way I have designed all the hop joints etc would work. I'll chuck up the 40 frame loop once it's rendered. Now I need to try and work out what his top half is going to look like :)

Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Looks fantastic mate. Really, really good - can't wait to see the completed video. It's one area I've always wanted to try. My animation skills are limited to flying a camera around and opening and closing doors at this stage.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

You can get the walk cycle

here http://www.austraracing.com/shared/Mr%2 ... lker_2.rar

Just loop it in quicktime player or something similar.

Alternatively you can get a low res version that I have looped a couple of times to you get an idea of the animation.

http://www.austraracing.com/shared/Mr%2 ... lowres.zip
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

http://www.pixar.com/companyinfo/jobs/index.html

Mate if you sent that to pixar they would get a hard on :D
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

He he, thanks sambo, I'm a ways off that yet. I was looking through their site the other day having a bit of a day dream :)

Funny how much fun you can have just with a pair of legs :D

Look, it's done something embarrasing :)
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Well, the body is coming along nicely, now to just decide what the head is going to look like.

Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Amazing stuff Righty!!
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

W :fall: W Righty, looking cool as mate :nod:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Exar Kun wrote:Looks fantastic mate. Really, really good - can't wait to see the completed video. It's one area I've always wanted to try. My animation skills are limited to flying a camera around and opening and closing doors at this stage.
You need to get yourself some spare time and some training videos and just work through it. Once it starts to click it can be really, really fun.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I figure if I keep posting my little WIP images I will get it done sooner too :)
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

his head could be something like your avatar righty? and he could carry a spare head around with him... swap heads when he feels like it?? (file this under silly random idea) :fall: :tilt:
balls & boobs. . .
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I like silly random ideas. Here is what I have thus far.. I sort of designed it this way so that perhaps he could just fold up into a little cylinder if he wanted. So his hands and legs would just sort of shrink into his torso and he would almost be like the shape of a battery.

Peptis

Post by Peptis »

Awesome work Righty, he looks awesome :yes:

If you're still working on the head, may I suggest giving him some cheekbones and a jawline. I think it would make him look a bit more 'human' and still not ruin the whole 'fold into a cylinder' thing.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Long day but here we go.

He is pretty well fully animatable now. This is his "checking out teh ladies at teh bar" pose :) Changed teh shape of his noggin a bit as per suggestion. :yes:
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

That's superb.

Much better with the more human face too.

So what are you gonna do with him now? :)
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Righteous wrote:I think I have got all the settings to where I want them now. Now to work on the finer details. If anyone had anythoughts on what it could need to give it a bit of character it would be much appreciated.
How about something organic. The plant is nice but only just visible and very small. A big house plant in the far right corner might look nice. I think the problem is that there's nothing really to focus on. I mean, you couldn't describe it very easily - "it's a render of a hallway... with a door... and a rug..."

Don't get me wrong, it's beautifully done!

Or how about a pet dog sitting on the rug... or destroying a newspaper coming through the door. Or... or... :)
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Righteous wrote:Long day but here we go.

He is pretty well fully animatable now. This is his "checking out teh ladies at teh bar" pose :) Changed teh shape of his noggin a bit as per suggestion. :yes:
hahah thats awesome! well done :yes:

i love his little antenna :D
Peptis

Post by Peptis »

Really really cool Righty. You've got some talent.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

durbster wrote:That's superb.

Much better with the more human face too.

So what are you gonna do with him now? :)

The plan now is to animate him. Im going to do a few more poses first just to k make sure all the bugs are sorted. Thanks all for the encouragement. As for the hallway,....... At least you aren't thinking small durbster. ;)