Announcement - RFL Porsche Carrera Cup '07 League

ISI's new sim rFactor
schmickle

Announcement - RFL Porsche Carrera Cup '07 League

Post by schmickle »

Announcing RFL's second racing league - the Porsche Carrera Cup Intercontinental League.

This series will encompass 7 Rounds in Europe, Australia and Northern USA culminating in a 21 lap race at the infamous Mount Panorama. Head over to the new RFL site for further details and to sign up - entries are open and only 22 spots are available so register NOW!

Click on 'Join a Series' (left hand side nav) to join the appropriate series after registering on the site

*Registration on the new site is required
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Im in!

edit: at work, anyone able to give me a car to join as, im not worried
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Will Join In, Looks like alot of fun!

*just with the Team selection, what do you reacon should be used for that? Will You accept Custom skins with Unique team names?
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Nope.... no custom skins at this stage GT, you must pick a team and racing no. from either the Germany or Australia mod that has not already been selected.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Ahh thats a bum... ahh well ;)
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Would I be right in saying that we could do custom skins and just disply them for ourselves?
They could even be put up at rfactorcentral and people could down load them if they choose?
They would have to be only skins though, not standalone cars.
I can see a DUR skin being needed at this rate.
It could become a big DUR vs OzBeeRs battle here, lol
XLV SPORT
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Skins are probably on the 'to do' list, because we don't just race one particular mod, skins we be difficult to keep track of from both an admin and racer point of view, its something we would probably consider doing when we can properly host and associate skins with the racer profiles & the registration process on the new site. At this stage I don't see us allowing user skins until we can make the process as simple as possible for everybody.
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

As far as I know though, I could take the Jim Richards's Porsche for example, throw a skin on it, race (and win - maybe, lol) in rfactorleague and none of you would be any the wiser.
It would just be displayed as the regular JR skin on your computer.
Standalone cars create all sorts of problems, in that case everyone has to have them.

The best example is the Fun Cup. For that the V8 guys have to download and install the Megane Skin Pack as that league uses standalone cars, where as the Megane guys dont have to do anything new to race against the V8s, downloading the skin pack for them is totally voluntary.
XLV SPORT
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Course that could be done, Or else an optinal Skin pack that uses the Skins Folder rather than new .veh files.

Worth the note, i'ld be willing to compile suck a pack as well.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

shit me that spelling is fucking atrocious, im sorry but bad spelling is just one of my pet hates.

As for custom skins, im against them. firstly i can't paint to save my life and secondly it adds a whole lot more complexity to an already difficult game to get setup. not everyone is a rocket scientist when it comes to stuff like this.

personally i can do all this shit, but i'd guess there are a few people out there who just want to install the game/mod and race without the crap that comes along with having to drop a certain file into a certain folder
Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Thats the point though r8, if you dont want them, dont use them.
But if you do, even if only for your team mates then there is nothing to stop you going ahead with it.
XLV SPORT
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

yeah thats the advantage of rfactor skin system, noone has to download anything if they dont want to.
schmickle

Post by schmickle »

Just an update fellas - there's only 6 spots left after only one 'day on the market'. Get in QIK if ur interested.

Cheers, Schmickle
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Make that no spots remaining, took less than 36hours to fill the grid, we are still accepting registrations for placement on a reserves list.

Reserve list drivers could find themselves with a permanent position if racers withdraw from the series or fail to show for events without advising reason for absence.