2007 WRX Pickies Leaked

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

VR: apart from the steering wheel, what else is the same?????
Steve
---
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

all the vents including the positioning of them, the center area with the sterio dials is based around the mazda, not identically but still very similar, as is the entire shape of the dash. Door handle pulls are also almost identical. It's not a direct copy but everything is definately based directly off the mazda's. The suzuki dash is a big mix of mazda 2 and 3 ideas. Steering wheel isn't exactly the same, they changed a few little things but still looks almost identical to the mazda. In person the similarities are noticed a lot easier.
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

sorry i skipped through the thread a bit, are these on sale yet? i think i saw one today... very tall and odd looking!
It's been nice, chaps.
juggle

Post by juggle »

the pickies may be leaked , but the body design definately leaked out of somebodys arse after a bad curry and a few cold ones
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

WRC concept pics are out... Starting to grow on me a bit more now :)

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/11/fran ... c-concept/
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

That right there looks like a title winner :aussie:
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

i seen these WRC concept pics like weeeks ago.. well, they look the same anyway.. Is there anything new?
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

The latest Motor mag puts the WRX up against a Golf GTI...
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

STi pics:

http://www.tuningnews.net/article.php?date=071009a

Heaps better than the standard model. My mate who wasn't sure whether or not he'd actually want one is going to put his order in tomorrow now.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

there was a heap of these at Eastern Creek about a month ago, and it confirmed what I first thought... they are even uglier than the last model, and even uglier in the flesh...

I have said this about every new WRX model, and each time they outsell the previous model, so I expect this one to break all sales records... it seems to WRX fans, the uglier the better, so even I accept that Subaru are on a winner with this thing... they don't know how to make good looking cars, but they seriously know how to sell the f*ckers...

this i will never understand why, but gladly not all of us are the same...

:)
SamC
Photographer, not artist.

Post by SamC »

Yep getting uglier and uglier unfortunately :(

Ever since SAAB bought half of Subaru or however much their share is they have gotten softer and softer. Saw a standard Impreza today parked on the side of the road, hated it, was far too boring compared to what the classic icon used to be. Tis a shame because I think they might lose alot of fans over this model, especially as the new EVO is supposed to be pretty kick ARSE, might get a few swapping sides me thinks :)
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Saab don't own Subaru. What happened was GM bought a 20% stake in Fuji Heavy Industries and because of this Saab were then able to create Saabarus. But when GM sold it's FHI shares in 2005(???), Saab no longer had access to Subaru plans & manufacturing so all future deals were cancelled.
"We will not be releasing a sanitised or cut down version [of Alien vs. Predator] for territories where adults are not considered by their governments to be able to make their own entertainment choices." Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley
SamC
Photographer, not artist.

Post by SamC »

Ok so they managed to go soft by themselves :D Bummer.
Peptis

Post by Peptis »

Looks like a girl car with body kit and bonnet scoop. All it needs is neons and spinners and my Mum might buy it :p