Compatible **TEST** Patches (X8)

LFS chat
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Woa, after reading the monaco thread and all that Lewis Hamilton stuf... Then goin over and reading the LFS forum... It does seem that people think the sun shines out of patch X's arse also!

I mean, what's the big deal about it?
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

i am personally waiting for the XXX patch
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

Scottie wrote:Woa, after reading the monaco thread and all that Lewis Hamilton stuf... Then goin over and reading the LFS forum... It does seem that people think the sun shines out of patch X's arse also!

Yep, i agree. It's nothing really unless there is some big surprise in it, i dont' see getting all worked up about it. We already have most of what this patch contains.

On the flip side, if it was patch X without all the other test patches within W, then it would be something to be excited about.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Scottie wrote:Woa, after reading the monaco thread and all that Lewis Hamilton stuf... Then goin over and reading the LFS forum... It does seem that people think the sun shines out of patch X's arse also!

How many f'n test patches it has taken to get to 'X' :lol:
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

J_luo88 wrote:

Yep, i agree. It's nothing really unless there is some big surprise in it, i dont' see getting all worked up about it. We already have most of what this patch contains.

On the flip side, if it was patch X without all the other test patches within W, then it would be something to be excited about.
i think part of it is that the release of patch X will have the entire community on the same patch.

at the moment there are a bunch that are staying with the official patch, while there's another bunch that are happy enough to go for the test patches and get some use out of the additional features. the release of patch X will bring the new features to *all* the people :)

CLP
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

Yup, and i think it's good that the devs are allowing this, for the community who wants to help test to test. That way, they're able to find more bugs and what not. But just the whole, everyone will be on the same patch again is nothing really big to be excited about, lol.
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

CLP wrote:
J_luo88 wrote:

i think part of it is that the release of patch X will have the entire community on the same patch.

CLP
But for how long? :lol:
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

kwijibo wrote:Astro's back! Just in time.. i hear murmurs of an Adelaide drinks night :)
Back??? did I go somewhere I don't know about ;)
"We will not be releasing a sanitised or cut down version [of Alien vs. Predator] for territories where adults are not considered by their governments to be able to make their own entertainment choices." Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

Just noticed this while reading through lfsforum
Scawen wrote:Thank you to all those who joined the stress testing hosts.

We found that it's still possible to break the host by all leaving and rejoining at once.

There's a possibilty that a queue system will cure this completely because the thing that kills the server is just a buffer overrun (running out of space for all the packets) and you see a message "OVERFLOW".

This doesn't happen in normal use because someone would time out long before there is a buffer overflow - so the buffers are big enough. The queue system could solve this by making sure people connect one by one, with a couple of seconds breathing space between each one.

Anyway I'll close this thread as it's misleading now as we aren't really running a stress test right now. It's possible that Patch X release will move to Saturday because we might need to heavily test the fixes tomorrow evening.

Thanks again and good night!
They should make sham wow stubbie holders so if ya spill ya beer you can soak it straight up and put it back in the stubbie
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

test patch w40
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

lol
Scawen wrote:Changes in TEST PATCH W40 :

Improvements / fixes to deal with connect / disconnect issues
More "keep alive" packets while loading track and skins
Number in queue should now never increase
Disconnection reason is now shown in MPR
They should make sham wow stubbie holders so if ya spill ya beer you can soak it straight up and put it back in the stubbie
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Hehe, will it ever end? :D
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Well we won't be seeing patch X today, Scawen didn't release it last night and will be tucked up in bed by now.
Guess it isn't to far away maybe tomorrow or sometime this week.
Dukester

kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

AstrO wrote:
kwijibo wrote:Astro's back! Just in time.. i hear murmurs of an Adelaide drinks night :)
Back??? did I go somewhere I don't know about ;)
NFI.. just havent seen you in any races for awhile :)

It was also a suitable reason to de-rail this thread for no particular reason
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

It's hard for me at the moment with all the new patches coming out. there are currently 4 incompatible versions W, W17-33, W37 or is it 36 (which LFS wants to auto update to but there are no servers there) and theres W40 none of these versions recognise each other. What do we set servers to? What version are the Aussies running? (atm it seems W17-33).

I really wanted to test the client side of W40 but there are none of my usual servers running that patch. And I'm not upgrading the MPR server to a patch nobody uses. Also with X supposedly coming out in the not too distant future why bother.

ATM LFS desperately needs Patch X to come out to stop the hassles of having to change between exe files to play on certain servers.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Unforgiven wrote:It's hard for me at the moment with all the new patches coming out. there are currently 4 incompatible versions W, W17-33, W37 or is it 36 (which LFS wants to auto update to but there are no servers there) and theres W40 none of these versions recognise each other. What do we set servers to? What version are the Aussies running? (atm it seems W17-33).

I really wanted to test the client side of W40 but there are none of my usual servers running that patch. And I'm not upgrading the MPR server to a patch nobody uses. Also with X supposedly coming out in the not too distant future why bother.

ATM LFS desperately needs Patch X to come out to stop the hassles of having to change between exe files to play on certain servers.
Yep, totally agree Unforgiven. The current situation is confusing.
Anyway I am still running W32 as it is the latest version I can use & be able to do all my league racing with, cause as you say that is what the MNR & AAL servers are compatible with and hence most of the AUS team servers. I think most ppl are doing the same and haven't even bothered with anything past W32.
The delay with patch X is in someways a good thing, imagine if it had of been released only to have huge server side disconnects due the the mass connection/disconnection bug. At least once it is released everyone can be confident that it is largely bug free (hopefully).
Still that doesn't help you with testing a server that will basically look and feel like patch X. :rolleyes:
Last edited by Duke on Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dukester

Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Patch X is a hoax
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

i'm on 40 and usually up with the latest in the event something is wrong so i can report it... but with regards to racing, i'll go with whatever the server is running so long as it doesn't mess with whatever setup i've made
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

I just hope this burst of development doesn't loose momentum - been a long time since this many test patches were released, so I don't think we can be complaining.
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

I think they had all these new developments for awhile, they just release them one by one to make flinty work harder lol
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

W41

I don't know what's in it, I just know for sure it's coming out tonight. :lol:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Thanks Alan,
Test Patch W41 here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25134.
Remember it is still incompatible with anything prior, so only install on a copy or fresh install or better still wait for Patch X.
Changes in TEST PATCH W41 :
Queue can be up to 48 (Queue + In Game can be up to Max Conns)
Hopefully reduced the possibiliy of "Did not receive guest info"
FIX : Bug that could cause host to stop responding after /reinit
FIX : Admin slots and Max Connections did not work properly
Dukester

wabbit

Test patch W42

Post by wabbit »

Yes an incompatible test patch W42.

I expect to release it in a couple of hours from now to try out the new (incompatible) voting and ready systems and various other fixes I've done.

Updates :

Votes do not expire and are not reset when a player joins host
Ready on game setup screen is not reset when a player connects
Improved race position list so the confirmed results are locked
Quicker skin messages after running out of LFS World skin credits

InSim :

Can now deal with and recover from non-fatal tcp errors
Corrected UniqueId in CompCar and NodeLap - now named PLID
IS_NLP is now a variable sized packet + NodeLap now 6 bytes
IS_MCI is now a variable sized packet (same info as before)

Fixes :

FIX : Occasional black screen bug when changing to full screen mode
FIX : Start lights delay did not vary each race if wind was disabled
FIX : Could not delete all text after clicking a name in meeting room
FIX : 1st lap qualify / practice speeding penalty could not be cleared
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I'm liking "Votes do not expire and are not reset when a player joins host" and "Ready on game setup screen is not reset when a player connects". :D
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

i can see the "does not expire" part being an issue.. but i like the do not resets..

I say this because imagine in a pick up race, at start 1st corner, say 2 guys hit restart, those votes stay banked the whole race, then a couple laps in, a few other guys have crashed, and hit restart, meanwhile, the other half of the field are having a great race. but it will reset. With an expire timeout on them, it can still happen, but its much less likely as someone will hit the restart button after an incident, but after another lap or so they settle down and keep goin.

know what i mean?

just my thought.