A small taste of things to come

GPL related chat
Jamo

A small taste of things to come

Post by Jamo »

:aussie:
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Is that Warrick Farm?
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Nah mate it's a bit closer to Rod and the rest of those Melbourne types ;)
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
hankstar

Post by hankstar »

Sandown? Looks wicked :yes: :aussie: :kangaroo:

PS Jamo - that avatar - :eyepop: :melt: nuff said.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Yes indeed tis Sandown.

But you've missed the car it's Frank Gardners Brabham Alfa Romeo V8 Alec Mildren Racing. Pig has been doing some solid work :yes:

As for the pic yeah it's been my wallpaper at work for years and somehow always perks me up no matter how bummed I may be :D
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

unkle_hanky wrote:PS Jamo - that avatar - :eyepop: :melt: nuff said.
I want the whole series Jamo. :)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

I wish I had more mate :)

All I remember is that the Blonde is named Lilly and the Brunette Charly.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Jamo wrote:Nah mate it's a bit closer to Rod and the rest of those Melbourne types ;)
But... I thought Sandown had about 50 metres of elevation changes? ;) :D

:tilt:
hankstar

Post by hankstar »

Jamo wrote:
But you've missed the car it's Frank Gardners Brabham Alfa Romeo V8 Alec Mildren Racing. Pig has been doing some solid work :yes:
Brilliant stuff - any progress to report on the Tasman mod?
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Err other than it seems to be progressing well and the physics are apparently very good. Think GPL'65 with a fair bit more grunt. I've yet to install it as I simply do not have time at the moment.

I finally did some laps at Sandown last night and it's bloody good. The Causeway kicks my ass haven't figured it out yet.
hankstar

Post by hankstar »

Sounds wicked - '65 grip with mad-as-fsck horsepower? I might actually stop playing '65 ...

Thx for the info :yes:
TassieDevil

Post by TassieDevil »

Careful.. PPL might think you're still actually interested in GPL... altho ya wouldn't know it. The chat room is often rather bare these days, 'cept for a small core group still using Ventrilo as well.
TassieDevil :yes:
Push to test... Release to detonate.
hankstar

Post by hankstar »

It's kinda hard, studying 5 days a week and working weekends, to find anyone in my timezone who's still playing GPL - fortunately there's a pack of ARSEs to be found most nights, putting away in LFS land :)

When Tasman is released there'll be (I reckon anyway) a burst of GPL activity across the globe and then it'll quietly drop off, just like 65 did. That'll probably happen when each mod is released.

So here's to loads more frickin mods! :yes:
TassieDevil

Post by TassieDevil »

You're probably right, Hank.

But GPL's undulating popularity doesn't stop some combination of myself, Robin_J, Bluesman, Keith & David Curry, CC, JayB, hyperman, Jockin Wild, Vipergod, Buk_Nekkid, CrashDummy, Rivell_Apex, and recently kenny... plus often a further smattering of ASRG blokes thrown in for good measure, getting together and having a casual drive just about every night of the week.

Sorry, but if truth were to be uttered, GPL is basically dead. It stirs me every time I hear of PPL who are driving alone or offline when they could be driving with mates and keeping ARSE online GPL racing afloat.

Either that, or for fucks sake, let's get something else organised for some other sim. I did my lil bit... time for someone else to run something. Anything. Before this group becomes just a bunch of blokes who USED to race online, if it ain't already too late.

I'm too tired to think of an acronym for that. I'm going to bed.
TassieDevil :yes:
Push to test... Release to detonate.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

norbs wrote:
unkle_hanky wrote:PS Jamo - that avatar - :eyepop: :melt: nuff said.
I want the whole series Jamo. :)
Have quite a few sexy images that would suite, without being to "out there" Here are some of them that you are welcome to use.
EDIT: EEK, just realised where I was. Does someone with authority want to move it to a better home.

Image Image Image Image
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
hankstar

Post by hankstar »

Niiiice, Nige...

Good points Gary.
No need to get stirred though. I know how you feel - I look in on iGOR and it does dismay me sometimes, with so many servers _still_ doing the Monza/Watkins merry-go-round, and so many of 'em with 2 drivers in them (I prefer races of at least four). It's a bit discouraging. A lot of the time when I do hop in a pickup it's no contest (too fast or too slow) or some no0b destroys it. There are some tracks I just don't wanna race at anymore, and some tracks people just don't race at at all - places like Brands67, Solitude, Adelaide, Adelaide Sprint, Lime MC. And I've all but stopped with GPL67 because I've been spoiled by GPL65's superior tyres. I've just been having a break too, I was going pretty hard there for a while. I'm still obsessive about collecting tracks and addons though.

ATM the racing in LFS is closer and there's always more people doing it when I have free time. Also being a student it's good that I can hop in, have a couple of quick races and then bail without having eaten up too much time. I'm also getting the hang of the GTT and getting quicker. It's about the racing more than the actual game. GPL will always be the King :yes: - looking forward to the Tasman action :aussie:
norbs

Post by norbs »

Time for us to butt heads again Gary.
TassieDevil wrote: Either that, or for fucks sake, let's get something else organised for some other sim. I did my lil bit... time for someone else to run something.
That really gets my back up. You organised something, then just expect someone else to do it next time. If you are so worried about it, do it again. Ask Oggie and Bauer. They did a stack of GPL comps. Its a fact. The few do most of the work for the many. There have been a few LFS comps run in the last 12 months or so. Im sure there will be others too.
TassieDevil wrote: Anything. Before this group becomes just a bunch of blokes who USED to race online, if it ain't already too late.
Its never too late. ARSE has always, well in its few year history, gone through ebbs and flows. Just wait til S2 comes out. Then there is this awesome little demo called rFactor that looks the goods.

Dont be so negative. If you want things to happen, make them happen. No use bleeting on about it in here. Use your energy to make something happen.
norbs

Post by norbs »

fourthof5 wrote: EDIT: EEK, just realised where I was. Does someone with authority want to move it to a better home.
No need Nige. :)
jarmel

Post by jarmel »

Tassie what you continue to fail to realise is that alot of pple have been playing Gpl for close to 5 years and are sick of it . There is no point bothering about who is not playing but rejoice that you have listed 13 other pple that do play consistently during the week . Gee 13 is a pretty good number considering no comp is on . If you want a comp run one its that simple , you'll get a few more playing and you may even pick up a few newcomers .

by the way , I have jumped on Vroc and Igor on 5 different nights recently looking for a race and not once have been able to race with any arse's , monday the arse's about had a f2 comp so thats fair enough.

Ive been playing for prolly close to 3 years and after about 6 months i get sick of it and put it down for 6 months , i am interested in getting into it again atm but i think i'll try and join the lfs craze untill a new mod comes out.

In closing , dont be so negative about things it drove me away from the last comp .
jarmel

Post by jarmel »

just wanted to add

Tassie your enthusiasm for GPL is great and is helping to keep GPL active around here . So get get a comp going :nod: :yes:
hankstar

Post by hankstar »

:nod: to all points above.