NEVCO 300 III

LFS chat
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Did I start this?....

Just figured it would be more entertaining than what an FXO oval race would be...
Bugle

Post by Bugle »

Yeah I liek gtr's
More action less crashes due to boredom :rolf:
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

to keep everyone posted, we are just awaiting the release of patch X, then we'll give a certain date....
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Hz-Lab wrote:to keep everyone posted, we are just awaiting the release of patch X, then we'll give a certain date....
I understand the reasoning Hz but maybe you may want to check out with the OzBeeR admins after the MNR next Monday as they have made the call to go with the test patch W17 to start their new series.
by the way it looks as though patch X won't be till next weekend at the earliest but more likely the one after (18-19th May) which may suit your timing regardless. But if found to be stable for MNR would that change the date you plan for Nevco III?

I don't think I would be too far off by saying most of the entrants have already used test patch W17 & given enough warning any that haven't would still have enough time to install it and get used to it.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

waiting waiting waiting for patch XXX
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Hz-Lab wrote:waiting waiting waiting for patch XXX
Cool, Scawen has said either this weekend or more likely next for official patch X.
Dukester

geezer45

Post by geezer45 »

by the way, 'geezer45' is 'Butters' to you ;)
Fluffy Duck FTW!!!
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

just as a update. This event is still go, It will run approximately a fortnight after the release of patch X (whenever that will be).. depending ofcourse on a few things. If that date happens to fall on the last week of the month, It won't be happening then due to previous commitments. It will happen early July in that case.

Just for some news..

We will be offering 10 spotter/crew chief spots. Basically, due to the lack of Pitspotter because of then new patches, we dicided to allow your own spotters. We thought it might add to a bit of realism. So someone in your team who is not racing can act as a spotter for you and your team mates, and a crew chief to give you the heads up on race conditions.

We will be offering private teamspeak channels for each team for the spotters to communicate with their drivers **all spotter banter will be done through Teamspeak, not through text on the screen**

We can only offer 10 spots though. So basically it will be 1st come, 1st served. And teams will get priority over independants (sorry indies) Don't post that you want a spot now. Leave it until after the date announcement.

Any questions or thoughts on this idea?
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

What a great idea Hz, will add another dimension to the race.
My only thoughts is the limit of 10 spots only being available could unfairly penalise those drivers/teams that miss out.
I guess they could set up there own which but if there are no spots left on the server then they are screwed as the old LFS Spectator app probably won't work with Patch X and the new insim within it.
Dukester

Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

i say 10, cos we have 32 drivers, 3 of us FMR guys occupying 3 of the other spectating positions for officiating the event, then the 10 will make 45 slots.. i might be able to squeeze in another 2, but i doubt we'll even fill the 10. A lot of guys from the same team are running, i am only allowing one spot per team. Some teams will choose not to run a spotter. I think 10 will be ample.

lol. the spotter/chief of the teams with a few numbers will be very busy indeed.
Doso

Post by Doso »

i can do it for SCR, (scottie, sars, buggle and cutter)

dunno how good im going to be at or even if those guys want me to do it for them :yes:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Hz-Lab wrote:i say 10, cos we have 32 drivers, 3 of us FMR guys occupying 3 of the other spectating positions for officiating the event, then the 10 will make 45 slots.. i might be able to squeeze in another 2, but i doubt we'll even fill the 10. A lot of guys from the same team are running, i am only allowing one spot per team. Some teams will choose not to run a spotter. I think 10 will be ample.

lol. the spotter/chief of the teams with a few numbers will be very busy indeed.
Ah, I see now, 1 spotter per team could mean multiple cars so yeah should be O.K.
Hate to be the spotter of a 4-5 car team - looks at Doso.
Dukester

petey

Post by petey »

if you have the insim setup correctly, i use to use LFS spectator....a fair while back, to check up on fellow teammates in AAL races.

Not sure if it works with the current LFS version etc. or what might be needed. But just thought i'd chuck it out there.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Doso

Post by Doso »

Flinty72 wrote: Hate to be the spotter of a 4-5 car team - looks at Doso.
heh yeah i know, dunno how useful ill be but ill give it a bash :p
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

PeTeY wrote:if you have the insim setup correctly, i use to use LFS spectator....a fair while back, to check up on fellow teammates in AAL races.

Not sure if it works with the current LFS version etc. or what might be needed. But just thought i'd chuck it out there.
not terribly good for spotting though. Doesnt really give an accurate reading as to where ur car is exactly in comparison to others
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

any chance i can sign up to drive in this?

Tho, i do need a date to know if i can drive or not, thanks to my stupid work schedual

edit,

bah noticed its full :(
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Go a reserve Neil, we will definately have last minute pull outs.

At the moment its just not possible that it will run this month due to work Commitments, Fricken Stocktake time is a bitch!

I'm gonna say July 5th at this stage though, allthough that date is still a little rubbery, but we'll work towards that!

In the next week i'll redo the 1st post with all up to date info, along with Rules and all things official.. And a Graphics Kit YAY!
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

:yes:
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Yeah put me down for reserve.

5th of july is good for me, its not a night shift :D
slow069

Post by slow069 »

can i be in this ?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999095303]Image[/url]
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

slow069 wrote:can i be in this ?
maybe... hehe

sheesh, i shoulda charged entry
gasking

Post by gasking »

hey u guys still taking entrants for this? im keen
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

If the event is still gonna be July 5th, give my spot to a reserve, damn moving house sucks balls! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Official Announcement to come tonight. And it will be July 5
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Yay holidays down for this too
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2