LFS Master Server Downtime over Wkend

LFS chat
c.j
Midget Wanker

LFS Master Server Downtime over Wkend

Post by c.j »

from LFS forums

Hello LFS people,

Due to the ever growing userbase of Live for Speed and because we want to offer you additional services we have to move our servers to a new location so we can grow. We will very soon be doing this move.
This means that during this move you may experience disruptions in any of our online services.

The most important one will be the master server. I will be moving the master probably during the (european) night of upcoming saturday - sunday (12 - 13 may). Because of this move, the DNS of the master server also has to change, so it can be that you will not be able to connect for a little while, until the DNS has propagated.
I will put traffic forwarding in place though, to minimise connectivity problems, but this is no guarantee that everything will keep working 100% at all times.

So if during one of the following days you either cannot connect to the master, or to one of our websites, this server move will be the cause. I will do my best to minimise disruptions, but _some_ disruption is to be expected. Unfortunately a big server move like this is very hard to do transparantly.

If you have any questions or remarks, feel free to make use of the LFS Websites (bugs) forum http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=30

We hope for you understanding,

Victor van Vlaardingen
LFS
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I noticed the master server has been moved today and seems to be back online now but there are still no hosts online, does the AAL & other AUS team servers need to be reset/re-directed or anything.

This LFS Forum thread has some info: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=24520
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."