RFL OWV8 Champ Series 2007

ISI's new sim rFactor
schmickle

RFL OWV8 Champ Series 2007

Post by schmickle »

Sterling and myself are pleased to announce the next series in the RFL calendar - the RFL Open Wheeler V8 Champ Series 2007.

This open wheeler series will offer the choice of 2 different chasis and 2 different custom built RFL engines to make a total of 4 possible combinations on the track. The 2 engine characteristics are quite different and will prove a strategic decision in terms of selection as will the chasis choice. Much testing has been done to ensure that regardless of your selected combination the racing will be tight... although each combination is likely to have it's advantages thoughout the season. Variables also come into play given the fact there there are 4 different tyre compounds to chosse from.

This series will offer a real team focus and custom skins will set the teams appart on track.

There has been quite a bit of hype around this series even before the launch due to a leak inside the development team, known only as 'thesource' so get in early, select your team mate, lock away your driving number and make sure you get a spot! To register or to obtain further details go the registration page on the RFL site.

We have been working towards this particular league for a long time now so we look forward to this being the largest, most exciting RFL league yet and we hope you enjoy it.

Cheers, Schmickle
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Impressive :)

But is it enough to lure me from the league run by your fellow bees.... :scratch:
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Enforcer-J wrote:Impressive :)

But is it enough to lure me from the league run by your fellow bees.... :scratch:
Hmm MNR (monday night), rFactorLeague (thursday night)

make up your own mind :D
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I'm no good at multi-tasking. :D
StanDaam

Post by StanDaam »

Just a quiet night with your avatar eh Enforcer :p
That one's a beauty :rofl:
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

XXX-Ray
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

r8response wrote:
Enforcer-J wrote:Impressive :)

Hmm MNR (monday night), rFactorLeague (thursday night)

make up your own mind :D
Isn't that what he is already attempting to do? pretty sure he only wants to commit to one series
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Hey Enforcer, get the dick out of your mouth and change that avatar please. Some people browse the forums with family/work mates around.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Removed as requested.

But for all you know that could have been bbq sausage ;)
schmickle

Post by schmickle »

Couple of progress shots from the start of the Team rFactorleague.com skin development :D

StanDaam

Post by StanDaam »

Real purdy :eyepop:
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

"hosting.adam.com.au/suspended.page
If this is your site please contact your web hosting provider as soon as possible."

Did someone at XGN forgot to pay their bills? :melt:

Also, Sterling/Schmickle, could you ask the guys not to vote race restarts or just disable restarts in the multiplayer.ini? You can't join during the race session in rFactor, so when they do that it makes it impossible for anyone else to get in. It'd be preferable if they restart weekend instead and skipped to warmup/qual so that there is at least a few minutes between each race :)
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

DarrenM wrote:Also, Sterling/Schmickle, could you ask the guys not to vote race restarts or just disable restarts in the multiplayer.ini? You can't join during the race session in rFactor, so when they do that it makes it impossible for anyone else to get in. It'd be preferable if they restart weekend instead and skipped to warmup/qual so that there is at least a few minutes between each race :)
What? Where does restarts come into things?
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

DarrenM wrote:"hosting.adam.com.au/suspended.page
If this is your site please contact your web hosting provider as soon as possible."

Did someone at XGN forgot to pay their bills? :melt:

Also, Sterling/Schmickle, could you ask the guys not to vote race restarts or just disable restarts in the multiplayer.ini? You can't join during the race session in rFactor, so when they do that it makes it impossible for anyone else to get in. It'd be preferable if they restart weekend instead and skipped to warmup/qual so that there is at least a few minutes between each race :)
XGN were doing some tidying up on the servers over the weekend so I assume there has been an 'issue'.

The multiplayer race restart thing is indeed annoying if your trying to get into the server and people just keep restarting the race instead of the the weekend, I will adjust that. :yes:
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

On the practice server GT. I was trying to get in last night but they kept voting to restart race so I couldn't.

I suppose another option would be to set the server to have just 15-20 mins qual and 10 lap race. No other sessions and no voting. That way we get a few races in the evening and guys still have time to join/practice/adjust setups etc inbetween.

Having the server with the long practice session early on, then switching to the above 2-3 days before the race to give everyone some race experience at the track would be good I think :)
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

DarrenM wrote:Having the server with the long practice session early on, then switching to the above 2-3 days before the race to give everyone some race experience at the track would be good I think :)
Unfortunately adjusting the majority of settings for the server requires me to remotely shut it down, manually edit the ini file, upload and then remotely restart it again, whilst it is a relatively straight forward process it can be quite time consuming and a bit 'fiddly', mix that will password/track changes prior to and after events that I already do, I'm not very keen to add another duty to the list................. I'd prefer to actually be racing rather than spending every day of the week changing servers settings.... :fall:

Now....if my boss didn't expect me at work everyday........that would a different story! :tilt:
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

At aor we've set up multiple player profiles named for what sessions they have enabled. That way all you have to do is shut it down and start it up with the profile you want :)