LFS Fun Nights?

LFS chat
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Really we should just have a "pre-race" crash series. Last car standing wins :p The most fun happens in the 20 minutes before the race in my opinion. Driving into pit walls and what not, seeing who can "fly" the furthest :) Heck maybe we should have a competitive "team demo derby" series, teams of 3 battling it out on random autox tracks. The finale can be a giant arena with obstacles everywhere, maybe knockout rounds... hah heck what am i talking about... by the way are we ever going to finish that FMR mrt series?

ANYWAY. I'd probably race both the MNR and AAL series if I didn't have to work on mondays. Personally I like sprint races [a little bit more then the "long slogs" of the aal], but only because its more about brute pace then strategy. No need to worry about split differences, pace vs tyre wear, fuel usage, all that sort of crap, just flog the balls off the car for 20 minutes at a time and if hope your faster then the next bloke. If you take the AAL races as single events some of the actual races have been pretty damn good, I had some of my most enjoyable battles over the last 1.5 series. Its a different form of excitement though. On the topic of these 'progressive' series I think it was just trying to stand out from the crowd by offering something different. I dont mind it, I always like the challenge of learning a new combo [or car]. But I can understand why people are less interested then usual.
SamC
Photographer, not artist.

Post by SamC »

Which races did you watch Ezy?

by the way, where are some AAL replays I can watch to see all you perfect clean awsome racers in action? :) Am keen for a watch.
Last edited by SamC on Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Been reading this with interest...............

Then i realised after the first 5 posts which were on topic, after that i realised this thread should be called AAL vs MNR. Get back on topic :lol:
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

AR JUMP!!!
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Vilante 11 wrote:AR JUMP!!!
they had one just last night vil, twiggster won
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

:rofl:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

Agreed with a lot of points said here. I mentioned some of these things over on the MNR forum which went way off track on some tangent.. great thread :D

Short and (especially) reverse grid racing leads to more aggresive and as a result, not so clean racing

Recent AAL's have felt like lots of one of races rather than a series. I'd love it to go back to its roots.. single car endurance series.

MNR listened to the bitching about points structure, and over the course of a few series seem to have got a great balance. :yes:

AAL listened to the bitching about points structure and gave the top 3 drivers an extra point each :rolleyes:

The thing I really like about MNR is the flashyness of it all, starting with the the race signup with a nice picture detailing all the rounds, to the regularly updated webpage. Points tables that are updated extremely quickly (thanks funky!) and those series videos were nothing short of awesome. OHHH and the winner gets a little cup under their name on the forum! one day.. one day :D
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

kwijibo wrote:OHHH and the winner gets a little cup under their name on the forum! one day.. one day :D
And a real trophy :)
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Back on topic:

HOLLY SHIT TOFUS STILL ALIVE!!! o.0
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
Sapient

Post by Sapient »

Have been watching this thread with some interest and just wanted to jump in and make some important points.

1) AAL rocks.
2) With MNR we are trying to offer something different, to cater to different tastes and offer variety in the LFS scene. We do not want to see a time where racers are forced to choose between AAL or MNR, lets be greedy and have both.
3) MNR applauds AAL for trying some new stuff lately. The biggest challenge in running a league is keeping it interesting (and all the admin work :melt: ). As you will see in coming months MNR is also trying some new stuff, in the name of not letting it go stale.
4) Some of MNR's series are intentional pressure cookers (it is called Frantic FXR after all) and this of course leads to some pretty hectic racing. We accept that some contact is inevitable and unavoidable at times (3 wide at Aston Cadet!!), but we do not tolerate flat out carnage as has been suggested. We have a judiciary process in place, which to be honest hadn't been heavily used by the racers previously.....The FXR series has changed that! :)
5) AAL rocks!

MNR was borne from guys racing in AAL who wanted to race every week, we do not compete with AAL, the truth is we are looking at ways of working closer with them.......stay tuned, the future is so bright you will need to wear shades :afro:

Thank You for allowing me this time to wander waaay off the original topic, we now return you to normal programming :)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

sticking with the off topic discussion the MNR FXR series is mad... Its flat out, balls to the wall racing.

Its not there too take away from AAL... its just a different type of league. If people want to assume its not a place for good racing you are severely wrong.

Its also be designed as a place for people to get into league racing before moving onto the AAL.

Im glad those who think its not a place to race if you dont want you paint scratched dont attend... Leaves room for the guys that do want that tight racing. And two servers a week cant be wrong

WD Bee's
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

Back On Topic!!!!!

If anyone would like a one off event head over to http://middlepackracing.com/forum/ and make a suggestion. We are more than happy to put up some hosting for an event.

C'mon guys the ARSE LFS community doesnt need this crap lets all make out and stop bitching about AAL Vs MNR
They should make sham wow stubbie holders so if ya spill ya beer you can soak it straight up and put it back in the stubbie
richo

Post by richo »

Havent done alot of either but i do prefer MNR at this stage, it has a great atmosphere and on the whole a good vibe.

In other words its not too anal , yes yes people get the shits and "heated discussions" occur but the same guys arguing are there week in week out , that in its self speaks volumes...

Go Go Bees (and Go Go AAL when i get on the pace on decade)
[]D [] []v[] []D
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Unforgiven wrote:Back On Topic!!!!!

If anyone would like a one off event head over to http://middlepackracing.com/forum/ and make a suggestion. We are more than happy to put up some hosting for an event.

C'mon guys the ARSE LFS community doesnt need this crap lets all make out and stop bitching about AAL Vs MNR
TANGENTS RULE!!!!!!!

I don't feel there is any real bitching here. If anything i feel this is a good thread for both the AAL guys & the MNR guys to read (while no one has started going silly about it all) . The 2 really are incomparable though. 2 different formats deliver 2 different kinds of action. For this we should be thankful.. I just want AAL to run some cmbo's that I want.. lmao.. nothing wrong with being selfish now
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Lol I agree, I'll be racing the last event of the current AAL series as it is a combo that appeals to me and the one just gone did too but I was a bit late in signing up. Both have their pro's and con's and I'm all for Aussie's racing Aussie Sim Racing Leagues whether it's my cup of tea or not. If I was on the dole, I'd race both leagues and start my own and race in that too (in between attending job interviews half stoned and pissed cladded in a checkered shirt, stubbies and thongs with the purpose of getting rejected so I can play more LFS) but I probably wouldnt afford the internet in that case :)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

i dont really think anyone is having a shot Unfor...

Its just a valid point, the two are not the same... If people want F1 style racing where contact is more frowned upon than sticking one up your mates down syndrome sister then yea, i guess AAL is for you...

if you like the idea of having abit of a bash in a one make series and getting dirty then the current fxr series may be the equivalent of doing the dirty with two high school chicks on your grandmas doily rug...

i prefer the high school chicks...

;)
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Don't knock it till you try it :D
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Interesting analogies Sin - lmao
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

MNR is awsome fun. the tracks they have chosen so far have really bought on some strong racing. hard side by side racing. and there isnt any better than that :)

havent raced aal for a bit now, and so cant compare :)
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

I've had 2 of the most enjoyable nights racing already in my first MNR season, the first round at south city was great fun and the last round at Aston North was super demanding but fun the entire time.

The cadet track round was scary, such a tiny race track with something like 30 cars on there at once. Was a battle just trying to keep the car on the road. But it definitely is something you would probably never think of doing in a league race, and the beez did it lol. Something completely out of the ordinary to heat things up...and add a lot of work on the judiciary lol.

The main reason I signed up for MNR this season was for something different and enjoyable. The last AAL season was good but the wind really ruined most of the fun for me. I love open wheelers and the last round I was really looking forward too the entire time, but afterwards it left me feeling really disappointed.

The current AAL season I am not really enjoying much only because of my hate for the road cars. Once it gets to the GTR's I'm sure I will start enjoying the races again. Long races in real race cars is what I enjoy most about racing in the leagues.

I think it all comes down to what suits each person best, it's good that there is somewhere else we can go and race if one sides season doesn't suit a persons interest. No point arguing which is best it just comes down to personal preference as to what one wishes to do and enjoys the most. If you have enough spare time you can even do both lol
richo

Post by richo »

Sin wrote:i dont really think anyone is having a shot Unfor...

Its just a valid point, the two are not the same... If people want F1 style racing where contact is more frowned upon than sticking one up your mates down syndrome sister then yea, i guess AAL is for you...

if you like the idea of having abit of a bash in a one make series and getting dirty then the current fxr series may be the equivalent of doing the dirty with two high school chicks on your grandmas doily rug...

i prefer the high school chicks...
Thats a very interesting point of view there Sin, haven't laughed out loud reading a forum for ages.
You do realize theres a very special place in hell set aside for you over the down syndrome business,save me a seat when you get there :D
[]D [] []v[] []D
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

Well said Virtual-R :nod:

I barely find the time to practice for one league let alone two. Thats why I like AAL's fortnightly runs. Week off MNR last week has been great.. I haven't touched LFS since the last race we had (where my internet decided to die on me anyway grr)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

richo wrote:Thats a very interesting point of view there Sin, haven't laughed out loud reading a forum for ages.
You do realize theres a very special place in hell set aside for you over the down syndrome business,save me a seat when you get there :D

I have had my name engraved on that seat for a while now Richo... but sure, we'll do beers and hoes down there man... :yes:

;)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Sin wrote:
richo wrote:Thats a very interesting point of view there Sin, haven't laughed out loud reading a forum for ages.

I have had my name engraved on that seat for a while now Richo... but sure, we'll do beers and hoes down there man... :yes:
you guys will love it, i do stand up comedy there every thursday, which normally involves me unzipping my fly