RaceNights

LFS chat
racemania

RaceNights

Post by racemania »

hi i hope this is the right forum to post this in,

http://www.racenights.co.nr
new comp for aussies we are looking for some teams to enter in if interested theres a sign up on the racenights forum which can be accesed from the main page, the site is still under construction but all links should be working.

we have 6 team spots open due to server speeds we cant fit anymore in untill we get a new server, teams are limited to 2 drivers per race, all teams will get points aswell as drivers total spots open for server will be 25 drivers and 10 spectators.

to enter into a race you must pass a 2 stage qualifcation the 1st being that you must complete a time lower then the required time then on wed night i close the server at 9pmAEST i then put all names in a list that have passed a time required then on thursday i open the server back up for testing and practice only those on the list may drive in the server but all are welcome to watch. if your name isnt on the list which you will be able to see on the site, then you will not be allowed to race. i am doing this to stop the wreckage at T1 and stop people that dont know how to drive the track combo joining in the race and then exiting when they have crashed the leader.

some rules also apply to tracks and most track will require 1 pit stop during the race. there is also an enduro race which will allow 2 drivers to race each car so teams can have up to 4drivers in the race its also double points, i will have a TS server up for this round and allow everyone to call the spare driver to the race, the enduro will require more then 1 pitstop.

ok i think thats enough for now, ohh the racenights will be starting in the next 2 weeks we were hoping to be started this week but server problems have halted us.

feel free to join in our server and have some practice server is [Ts3]Pro Racenights

ok cya on the track

racemania
Got s2 and loving it

find me here HERE
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

Well since no one else is saying anything i will.
I think thats some ideas you have there are good ones, but its a bit too complicated for me. And some things just dont make sense.
Also the main reason there hasn't been much response i think is that there is already 2 leagues that we run, MNR and AAL, and i think that everyones happy with them, 2 leagues is enough to keep us happy and i dont think people want to run anymore.

So i dont really think at this point in time that another league is a good idea.
Sorry but i think its wat the others will be thinking as well.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

First 3 teams to sign up get double points for round 3? :wtf: That's the silliest thing I've ever heard and reason # 1 of many why your series wont work.

Don't take this the wrong way dude but you really need to think about all the possible scenario's that could take place that would effects enforcing those rules. There is so much work needed to run a series and one look at your site and it was apparent to me that possibly not a single MNR or AAL team would even consider entering.

If your serious about running a series even if it's only supposed to be fun, it atleast needs to be fair.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

:munch:

Didn't win me over
racemania

Post by racemania »

Enforcer-J wrote:First 3 teams to sign up get double points for round 3? :wtf: That's the silliest thing I've ever heard and reason # 1 of many why your series wont work.

Don't take this the wrong way dude but you really need to think about all the possible scenario's that could take place that would effects enforcing those rules. There is so much work needed to run a series and one look at your site and it was apparent to me that possibly not a single MNR or AAL team would even consider entering.

If your serious about running a series even if it's only supposed to be fun, it atleast needs to be fair.
thanks i took it out of the site.

im happy you guys have pointed that out to me :) thanks
Got s2 and loving it

find me here HERE
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

I struggled to work out what the goal here was aswell. At somepoints it seems you are trying to enforce a much more "real life" style of series, but they are cancelled out by some very silly rules. Also, If you a promoting a series in an attempt to make it like the real world, multi-car series aint the way to go.

By no means am i having a Dig here. Just some suggestions. I really hope u take them onboard and use them to create a better product that possibly will attract a greater response.

ok.. let me begin...

a) Site looks unproffesional, sorry man, but it does, Horror load times for the forums too. Instant 1st impression impact of Amatuerism.
b) offering bonus points to early signups, rediculous, promotes unfairness and Those who dont get in quick are immediately alienated and could be turning them away.
c) Your rules to do with qualifying. No pitting in the last 10 minutes? unless its a warp from an accident? that just encourages deliberate crashing. And punishes those who may stick to the rules.
d) Possible loss of points if you cause a yellow flag deemed avoidable.. aren't all yellow flags avoidable?
e) All blue flag Passes must be made on the Inside of the Track.. Whats that about? i woulda thought anywhere that is safe would work better. And does inside mean the actual Inside of the track? or the inside in relation to the next corner?
f) you say in one part of the Site that Multiple cars will be used in races, i.e. the FOX and F08, but in the rounds, no such round exists, and if it does, you dont determine what the benefit of going for a slower car is, and How many of each car a team is entitled to.
g) Why do you need to know peoples favorite food upon signup to the series?
h) Why......oh, i could go on...

This may look like I'm giving you a hard time about this, take it as you will.. But, There are a lot of things you need to fine tune about this series before its good to go. These are just some starters for u to look at.

Anywho.. Good luck with it all. Don't listen to the "not enough room" comments, if u make a series good enough, people will rock up. But the challenge will be, making it good enough....Coorrrrrrr!
racemania

Post by racemania »

thanks for letting me know ill start to go through most of it now and ill try fix it all up :D
By no means am i having a Dig here. Just some suggestions. I really hope u take them onboard and use them to create a better product that possibly will attract a greater response.
i dont see any info as a dig its helping me see my mistakes

a) Site looks unproffesional, sorry man, but it does, Horror load times for the forums too. Instant 1st impression impact of Amatuerism.

yer im not too good at making sites :D but ill have to try fix it
b) offering bonus points to early signups, rediculous, promotes unfairness and Those who dont get in quick are immediately alienated and could be turning them away.
now gone
c) Your rules to do with qualifying. No pitting in the last 10 minutes? unless its a warp from an accident? that just encourages deliberate crashing. And punishes those who may stick to the rules.
i thought i had taken that out but ill go through it again :D
d) Possible loss of points if you cause a yellow flag deemed avoidable.. aren't all yellow flags avoidable?
yep i think ill take that away too

e) All blue flag Passes must be made on the Inside of the Track.. Whats that about? i woulda thought anywhere that is safe would work better. And does inside mean the actual Inside of the track? or the inside in relation to the next corner?
sposed to mean in relation to the next corner.

f) you say in one part of the Site that Multiple cars will be used in races, i.e. the FOX and F08, but in the rounds, no such round exists, and if it does, you dont determine what the benefit of going for a slower car is, and How many of each car a team is entitled to.
ok ill have to look into this and talk with the other team admins and find out whats going on with that i didnt make the rounds but ill have to look into them
g) Why do you need to know peoples favorite food upon signup to the series?
thats just a joke nothing intended into it sorry :D

h) Why......oh, i could go on...
keep em comming i need to know what ive done wrong?

This may look like I'm giving you a hard time about this, take it as you will.. But, There are a lot of things you need to fine tune about this series before its good to go. These are just some starters for u to look at.
i thank you verry much for the info
Anywho.. Good luck with it all. Don't listen to the "not enough room" comments, if u make a series good enough, people will rock up. But the challenge will be, making it good enough....Coorrrrrrr!
thanks mate
Got s2 and loving it

find me here HERE
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

well, i didn't expect that.. lol..

Good stuff
racemania

Post by racemania »

lol not many would.

but im not a 12yr old punk racer that thinks his S*it dont stink :D and likes to flame everyone who says you done this wrong.

i am by the way 26yrs old with 3 kids (i gotz no life) :D
but your words have helped me alot ive enven closed the site till i fix it all up, atm im working on the rules and later ill start on a new template, tommorow ill find a new forum host as that is slow.

if you guys have anything else please let me know, car classes? should i run heaps of differant cars every week? or just say like the fox or gtrs? im not sure what everyone is racing these days, i was trying to come up with races that are not regurly raced like the gtrs at south city how many people can drive a GTR on a south city track?

anyway im raving on now lol.
i really do enjoy reading the posts it gives me a laugh and helps me out too so keep them comming.
Got s2 and loving it

find me here HERE
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

Yeh, if you keep taking on this info to create a better series, then it would work. But i think you need to do a little research about how successful leagues are run like MNR and AAL. Now im not saying copy them exactly, i think that something different is a must, something that differs you league from the others but still be fun, enjoyable league.
I think you are better of running a pretty generic sort of set of rules that MNR run, and then run your series in a different way.

With ideas, maybe do totally different cars and tracks every week? Get lots of variety, Random tracks? Not release what track will be run until the night before or something. Theres lots of different things you could do to make it different and keep it fun.

Anyways good luck with it.
Last edited by JTM29 on Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
racemania

Post by racemania »

do you think the guys who run MNR will mind if i use some of there rules ?

i will edit some of the parts need but idd like a straight foward set of rules that everyone is happy with.

thanks racemnia
Got s2 and loving it

find me here HERE
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

I would ask them but i dont think they would mind you using the same rules. Most of them are rules used by most leagues in racing so i dont see why, maybe word them a bit different or change them to suit you a bit more.
Threeps

Post by Threeps »

The MNR rules have been created and adapted to different situations over the last 2 and a half years. If you find they suit your needs, then go ahead and use them. As JTM said, they are pretty standard for most leagues, you might find a few small differences between different leagues but not greatly. They all provide the same intent, ie, clean, respectful and fun racing. A couple of pointers, don't make any rules that put undue time on the admins. For example, don't state that every race will be analysed for breaches of the rules, because to do so would take hours per race, you just wouldn't do it. Also, don't be too specific on general rules. You want the intent to be clear but if you be very specific then you will miss a lot of situations that will be covered by the rule.

Good luck with your endeavours, it can be very time consuming if you haven't got an equal share of the load spread across a number of people, but at the same time, it can be very rewarding. Don't expect too much too early, many punters need to see a working product before they commit a lot of time and effort. If you get 10 signed up for your first series be happy with it. If they like it then more will come.

Oh yeah, another tip, don't schedule your race nights for Monday or Wednesday. :)

Just a side question, have you raced in a league before, like AAL or MNR? Perhaps racing a series in each would help you gain insights into what is required.
racemania

Post by racemania »

Oh yeah, another tip, don't schedule your race nights for Monday or Wednesday.
no we are going for the thursday nights :p
Just a side question, have you raced in a league before, like AAL or MNR? Perhaps racing a series in each would help you gain insights into what is required.
i tried a while back and wasnt quick enough lol im better at doing the race control sort of thing but ill be racing everynow and then, just got to practice more and stop working so much :D
Got s2 and loving it

find me here HERE
racemania

Post by racemania »

ok site is back online :D

now i just got to get a forum host that is fast atm the forums are still open.

ohh yer for those who want to know why im doing this and not at work, well i cant work so i do do everything i can to keep me busy and i never get bored of it.:D

any comments on the site? please let me know here as my forums will be gone today or tommorow.

thanks for the help.... racemania :yes:
Got s2 and loving it

find me here HERE
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

racemania wrote:ok site is back online :D

ohh yer for those who want to know why im doing this and not at work, well i cant work so i do do everything i can to keep me busy and i never get bored of it.:D

any comments on the site? please let me know here as my forums will be gone today or tommorow.

See if Shim will host it
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
racemania

Post by racemania »

Dan wrote:
racemania wrote:ok site is back online :D

See if Shim will host it
yer ill ask him tonight good thinking dan :D
Got s2 and loving it

find me here HERE
racemania

Post by racemania »

Hi all, first off thanks for all your help, 2nd site has been fixed ive added some links to all the teams in the MNR due to using the MNR rules i thought idd support them.

Forum is now online.
Some changes to racenights:
You get free entry into the event no need to post a time.
Your team will get points based on your drivers preformance.
Your drivers can solo signup.
your team can request rule changes, as part of the team signups you get more rights to rule changes and have preferance to new teams signups, each new team signups after round 1 will need to be voted on, only team drivers can vote.
You and Your Team get special ranks in this forum solo drivers will be give there own ranks.

Each solo driver must:
these are posted on our forum, each round a new thread will open for solo drivers.
first 24 posters will get enterd.
To sign up you need to :

1. post your username here the one you use for S2,
2. Get into our S2 [Ts3]Pro Racenights server(only those who have posted can drive)
3.Top 12 will get to race in racenights.
4. Times shall be stopped being recoreded 24 hours before the event..

ok i think i need to thank shim heaps he has worked well on the forums for me and helped keep everything neat.

thanks to all remember drive safe :lol: racemania
Got s2 and loving it

find me here HERE
shim

Post by shim »

you owe me drinks when ya move up here mate :P
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

racemania wrote:3.Top 12 will get to race in racenights.
these 12 slots are allocated for privateers yeah? is that what u mean? If so, How many slots do you allow for teams? are u running a 32 car server? keep in mind you need a slot for ur safety car/recovery vehicle. I personally you shouldn't allocate a set number of slots. You'll find that Indipendants probably make up a smaller percentage than that.
racemania wrote:4. Times shall be stopped being recoreded 24 hours before the event..
I don't really understand this. Are you gonna open the server for Qualifying 24 hours prior to the event? or even longer before hand? cos Qualifying can't run for that long man.

lol.. sorry, i'm putting a damper on things once again.
racemania

Post by racemania »

Hz-Lab wrote:
racemania wrote:3.Top 12 will get to race in racenights.
these 12 slots are allocated for privateers yeah? is that what u mean? If so, How many slots do you allow for teams? are u running a 32 car server? keep in mind you need a slot for ur safety car/recovery vehicle. I personally you shouldn't allocate a set number of slots. You'll find that Indipendants probably make up a smaller percentage than that.
racemania wrote:4. Times shall be stopped being recoreded 24 hours before the event..
I don't really understand this. Are you gonna open the server for Qualifying 24 hours prior to the event? or even longer before hand? cos Qualifying can't run for that long man.

lol.. sorry, i'm putting a damper on things once again.
its ok let me explain:
theres a total of 24drivers allowed on track in each race, if it happens that there is more then 6 teams then ill take slots from solo drivers so if i end up with 8 teams ill have 8 slots left for solo drivers i dont really expect that many solo drivers or teams to start with.
the server will be open from morning on monday with the track config and will close on wed night everyone is allowed in to the server but only the solo signups will have to qualify. on the night of the race, qualify will start at 8PM AEST and run for 30MINs race will start 10mins after that.

i hope that help understand?

thanks racemania
Got s2 and loving it

find me here HERE
Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Post by Gougoodthing »

Looking for something completely different, what about a "fixed set" series?

As in ppl turn up, and all use the same car and set?

Would really separate the men from the boys, and you'd expect close racing guaranteed.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

i am unsure as to why the server needs to close on the wednesday night. It's not like you are blocking access to the track, People can just go and use another server and load up the combo.

Are you saying that the Solo Drivers have to qualify for their slots before then? cos if thats what you are saying.. how do you plan on recording the laptimes man? like i said, you can't run the qualifying setting for that long. So unless u are gonna reset qualifying every hour and write down the times personally, then that's gonna be impossible.

out of curiosity, have half the things you plan to do even been tested? no disrespect, but there are amazing quantities of flaws in this Series. And putting things out in the public without testing only breeds doubt in peoples minds.

also, from that above post, i take it you are only allowing 2 slots per team? you are aware that the teams here have more than 2 drivers each yeah?
racemania

Post by racemania »

Hz-Lab wrote:i am unsure as to why the server needs to close on the wednesday night. It's not like you are blocking access to the track, People can just go and use another server and load up the combo.

Are you saying that the Solo Drivers have to qualify for their slots before then? cos if thats what you are saying.. how do you plan on recording the laptimes man? like i said, you can't run the qualifying setting for that long. So unless u are gonna reset qualifying every hour and write down the times personally, then that's gonna be impossible.
quote]
ok first i need to close the server to do my stuff on it otherwise it might lag and cause troubles after ive finished it will be put back online, but only drivers who have passed time and the teams will be allowed in,
2nd its not the lfs qualifying system, its an insim app ill be using i dont really want to public post it so ill pm you about it.
out of curiosity, have half the things you plan to do even been tested? no disrespect, but there are amazing quantities of flaws in this Series. And putting things out in the public without testing only breeds doubt in peoples minds.
ok i have tested it ive done public testing and ive also done lots of private testing ive been trying things out for a few weeks now even done some load testin and not much problems only those lag bugs :P
also, from that above post, i take it you are only allowing 2 slots per team? you are aware that the teams here have more than 2 drivers each yeah?
ok ill clear this up now atm im only allowing 2 drivers max untill i have total numbers then ill look at opening it up any ideas how may would be good?

chack your pm ill add some more info.
thanks racemania
Got s2 and loving it

find me here HERE
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Gougoodthing wrote:Looking for something completely different, what about a "fixed set" series?

As in ppl turn up, and all use the same car and set?

Would really separate the men from the boys, and you'd expect close racing guaranteed.
Its something that can't be policed, there is no way that it can be locked, no way that u can tell what sets are being used by people. You'd have to rely on honesty.

It is something that would be cool if LFS could implement the setups to be locked.