Chat about stuff you listen to or play
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

wanna make out?
avaran

Post by avaran »

Hz-Lab wrote:And now for something dancey.. bouncey bouncey.. http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=1023805&t=6287
Listening now, pretty awesome sounds man. :) Very cool progression too. I can hear this being played in a club. :)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

avaran wrote:
Hz-Lab wrote:And now for something dancey.. bouncey bouncey.. http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=1023805&t=6287
Listening now, pretty awesome sounds man. :) Very cool progression too. I can hear this being played in a club. :)
yes well, someone give me a record deal........... lol. cheers
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

I like that H.Z. :lol:
avaran

Post by avaran »

Remind me to listen when I get home! :)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

listen when you get home
avaran

Post by avaran »

Mate, that is awesome...

I put it on, and got distracted by the girlfriend... then started moving to the music... "hang on" I said... "what is this music playing" (I'm easily distracted)
My girlfriend reminded me and we both thought it was sweet. :)

I'm not much into dance/techno/house music, I don't even know what you'd call it. But the only thing I wasn't sure about in the music was the 'clapping' or the stick type sound.

Keep up the awesome work man... you'll have to put an album together (if you haven't already). Put some tracks on triple J's unearthed as well! :)
El Kabong
Yank with no wank
Yank with no wank

Re: Your creations

Post by El Kabong »

Wow, lots of good stuff here everyone. Here's my contribution. A version of Call Me The Breeze that's closer to the way that the song's author, J. J. Cale, did it. It's much more laid back than the more famous version done by Lynyrd Skynyrd. Sorry about the bad singing but the lead fills just don't work unless they're playing off a vocal track. My son goes into hysterical laughter whenever he hears it. It's recorded using Cubase SX. The drums and bass are midi tracks that I used to draw in what you hear, I didn't actually play drums or bass. The rhythm track and the short four-note riff you hear at the very beginning and very end of the song are played with my Strat. Everything else is played with my Les Paul Custom. At no point was an actual guitar amp used. The "amp" is a software plugin called Voxenboogex which can be downloaded for free. It emulates a ton of amps. I used a Marshall stack emulation for the Strat parts and a Fender '59 Bassman emulation for the LP parts. The solo work is improvised, just a bunch of riffs I picked up over the years, fairly straight forward rock scale stuff.

Hope you enjoy:

Call Me the Breeze
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

ha thats awesome El Kabong. When I record guitar i use a Behringer V-Amp, its not too bad, but i think i'll have a crack at this software aswell. You should record some original riffs and stuff and send em on over for me to play with.
El Kabong
Yank with no wank
Yank with no wank

Post by El Kabong »

Many thanks, Hz. I can pull out all the guitar riffs and solos so that they are separate files. How would you want them? mp3? wav? There are probably other options in Cubase as well.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

wav would be best.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

I enjoyed that EK :yes:
El Kabong
Yank with no wank
Yank with no wank

Post by El Kabong »

Hz-Lab wrote:wav would be best.
OK will do.

woodsy, thanks. It's OK but a bit sloppy, all the guitar tracks are first takes. I should have done a few more takes to get it a bit tighter.
ZvooK

Post by ZvooK »

Hey boys,

Thought I might get in the spirit of things and share some of my creations.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Frame-Col ... 8880852503

Demo 5 is my latest creation and probably the best sounding. Some of the others sound great but are either poorly mixed or have a few timing errors. They are about to be redone but you will get the idea.

Anyway, feel free to be cruel :D
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

Not really my kind of music but it's pretty cool. I respect it. Send it out to JJJ
El Kabong
Yank with no wank
Yank with no wank

Post by El Kabong »

ZvooK wrote:Hey boys,

Thought I might get in the spirit of things and share some of my creations.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Frame-Col ... 8880852503

Demo 5 is my latest creation and probably the best sounding. Some of the others sound great but are either poorly mixed or have a few timing errors. They are about to be redone but you will get the idea.

Anyway, feel free to be cruel :D
That's some fine shredding there Zvook. Is that a miked amp or are you going direct into the board?
Jumi2

Post by Jumi2 »

:yes: Like the Song ek! Nice playin.
Ciao, Jumi2.
ImageFor the love of God, shake me! Shake me like a British nanny!
ZvooK

Post by ZvooK »

That's some fine shredding there Zvook. Is that a miked amp or are you going direct into the board?[/quote]

Hi mate,

It's actually an effects board (that uses VAMS which i think stands for virtual amp modelling system) plugged directly into my pc soundcard.

demo 5 is the best sound ive gotten so far using a guitar with active pickups (emg 85s). Gives everything a nice warmth when playing heavier.

all my other demos were recorded with my razorback which is just passive but through the effect board as usual.

miked amps are a pain in the bum i find. there are far too many enironmental issues that are much harder to control you know? a good example of that is when you have it all setup nicely and then someone walks into your office and knocks the mic boom, whereas this way, i just have to take note of the settings and im good to go. saves on the cost of expensive mics too :)
ZvooK

Post by ZvooK »

El Kabong wrote:Wow, lots of good stuff here everyone. Here's my contribution. A version of Call Me The Breeze that's closer to the way that the song's author, J. J. Cale, did it. It's much more laid back than the more famous version done by Lynyrd Skynyrd. Sorry about the bad singing but the lead fills just don't work unless they're playing off a vocal track. My son goes into hysterical laughter whenever he hears it. It's recorded using Cubase SX. The drums and bass are midi tracks that I used to draw in what you hear, I didn't actually play drums or bass. The rhythm track and the short four-note riff you hear at the very beginning and very end of the song are played with my Strat. Everything else is played with my Les Paul Custom. At no point was an actual guitar amp used. The "amp" is a software plugin called Voxenboogex which can be downloaded for free. It emulates a ton of amps. I used a Marshall stack emulation for the Strat parts and a Fender '59 Bassman emulation for the LP parts. The solo work is improvised, just a bunch of riffs I picked up over the years, fairly straight forward rock scale stuff.

Hope you enjoy:

Call Me the Breeze
i'm suprised i missed this :)

great work mate we should do a blues song together :yikes:

I've never played blues before so it could be embaressing :)
El Kabong
Yank with no wank
Yank with no wank

Post by El Kabong »

I think I'd like that ZvooK. I could lay down a rhythm track and send a wav to you and you could noodle over top of it. Then send it back and I could add some to it, etc. I presume you can import a wav file into your recording software. This could be cool.

jumi thanks for the kind words, mate.

Here's another, more practiced, song. It's not really my style but it was good for learning how to layer effects and whatnot. The acoustic guitar is miked, electric guitar direct into the board. The MIDI part is through a virtual giutar instrument. The really fast midi passages are totally written in using the recording software on a 1/32 triplet note grid. They are not played in any fashion. Just wanted to make that clear because it is the most technically impressive part of the song. In other words, no talent was involved. :shake:

Unfortunately, I no longer have the native Cubase file so I woun't be able to parse any passages for Hz Lab.

Phaser Guitar
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

ZvooK wrote:
i'm suprised i missed this :)

great work mate we should do a blues song together :yikes:

I've never played blues before so it could be embaressing :)
you might be suprised at how similar blues and metal are, metal is just an extension of rock which is just an extension of blues. Metallica is a great example of that, they slowed their stuff down in the 90's and suddenly they sounded bluesy.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

that great EK, love it. I could almost imagine that being System Of A Down demo track.
El Kabong
Yank with no wank
Yank with no wank

Post by El Kabong »

w00dsy wrote:that great EK, love it. I could almost imagine that being System Of A Down demo track.
Thanks woodsy. For all I know it could be SOD. The song's opening riff was inspired by a practice lesson that my son's guitar instructor gave to him. The instructor is into progressive rock big time.
El Kabong
Yank with no wank
Yank with no wank

Post by El Kabong »

Hz-Lab wrote:ha thats awesome El Kabong. When I record guitar i use a Behringer V-Amp, its not too bad, but i think i'll have a crack at this software aswell. You should record some original riffs and stuff and send em on over for me to play with.
Hmmmmhmhmmm... <---humming while waiting patiently