Test Drive & The Car Show...

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Test Drive & The Car Show...

Post by AstrO »

Can someone tell me why these shows are on TV? It just seems like they give every car a positive review (especially Test Drive) no matter how crap it is.
:puke: Dodge Avenger
"We will not be releasing a sanitised or cut down version [of Alien vs. Predator] for territories where adults are not considered by their governments to be able to make their own entertainment choices." Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley
pogo

Post by pogo »

I haven't seen Test Drive, but The Car Show is a complete disgrace. The frequent ads at least serve as a break from Glenn Ridge, though :no:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

The only bit of the car show I've seen recently was during a GP on a Sunday night when I was flicking over during the ads. Glenn Ridge was having a lot of trouble getting used to the indicator being on the right hand side in the Suzuki he was test driving. They had an outtake kind of thing and he must have hit the wipers 20 times or more when trying to indicate. Obviously far too used to driving Euro cars old Ridgey boy.

Never seen or heard of Test Drive though.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Montey

Post by Montey »

Don't mistake these shows for entertainment.

They are just the mid-day version of the late night Danos Direct (spelling??) ad's. They are just a full show length paid ad' done on the cheap (low cost of production) and no doubt sold in 60 second slots to the reviewed car manufacturer.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Montey wrote:Don't mistake these shows for entertainment.

They are just the mid-day version of the late night Danos Direct (spelling??) ad's. They are just a full show length paid ad' done on the cheap (low cost of production) and no doubt sold in 60 second slots to the reviewed car manufacturer.
Hey, don't knock Danos Direct. I have bought so much exercise gear off them, I had to buy 2 new beds. :)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Montey

Post by Montey »

norbs wrote:
Montey wrote:Don't mistake these shows for entertainment.

Hey, don't knock Danos Direct. I have bought so much exercise gear off them, I had to buy 2 new beds. :)
I didn't know they sold beds? Do you get your woman from them too?
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

^^^
gotta have somewhere to conveniently fold/hide away all that useless crap :D
Steve
---
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

He had to buy another bed cos every piece of exercise equipment seems to 'fold away for easy storage... even under your bed'
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Test Drive... :no:

Can't say I would ever buy a car this lady recommends (check the Nitro review). Who the fuck holds the wheel of a new car at 10 & 2 (closer to 11 & 1 for her), get with the fuck'n program bitch it's 9 & 3.
"We will not be releasing a sanitised or cut down version [of Alien vs. Predator] for territories where adults are not considered by their governments to be able to make their own entertainment choices." Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

They seem like another infomercial only they can get away with squeezing them into the busier timeslots.

I remember one of them reviewing the Golf GTI and apparently driving so close to a curve they drove it into an open drain and damaged it so much it had to be towed away. :rolleyes:
ashsimmonds

Post by ashsimmonds »

AstrO wrote:Who the fuck holds the wheel of a new car at 10 & 2 (closer to 11 & 1 for her), get with the fuck'n program bitch it's 9 & 3.
what are you on about? it's left wrist at 12 o'clock and right arm acts as pendulum swinging out over driver door.
because you can't drive a house
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

norbs wrote:Hey, don't knock Danos Direct. I have bought so much exercise gear off them, I had to buy 2 new beds. :)
Haha - :yes:

The Car Show isd a travesty - wall to wall ads - even the show itself is constant ads for Shannons - and the most incrtedibly short (15-20 seconds!) car reviews. Crap.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

If Glen says Dutton Rally one more time I'll punch him in the neck.

The other show I've not heard of.
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

ashsimmonds wrote:what are you on about? it's left wrist at 12 o'clock and right arm acts as pendulum swinging out over driver door.
:rofl: