Spotted anything nice lately?

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
avaran

Post by avaran »

I watched Red Line *cough*CRAP*cough* last night, does that count? ;)

An Aston Martin DB... 9? I think... I didn't get a good look as it was going the other way on Mountain Hwy the other day. :)
Mark Taubitz

Post by Mark Taubitz »

Jaguar XKR - every day, 2 metres from my office door..

Jaguar S Type Sport, a further 4 metres away

Volvo C70 T5 2008 Model, another 6 metres from that.

BMW650 Cab - yesterday, took for a spin around the block - not that impressed..

Last week saw a 430 Ferrari a couple times, as well as a DB9, and a Phantom... Massive bloody thing that is.

:D

Regards

Mark Taubitz
#74 HAR

P.S. As for:
I saw a volvo beat a holden tonight
Done that many times - don't you reckon the Commodore drivers love it when they get smoked by a Volvo - a few times come to the next lights and the guys in the passenger seat are cracking up & bagging the guy, saying either "What is in that thing?" or "dude - you got smoked by a Volvo!!!" LOL
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

A Countach went past me on the freeway today...
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

A yellow 430 on Burwood hwy turning, i'm guessing, to the eastern to get back to town...

NICE!
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

Not a day goes buy where i don't see something special on the roads. F430's. Bentley's, a phantom, lambos, Austin's, prokas (a nice bi-turbo cayne only 4 in the country). You'll never see so many expensive cars in one area as you do on certain parts of the gold coast.

But the icing on the cake was today. A mint condition Jaguar E-Type....
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Mark Taubitz wrote:Jaguar XKR - every day, 2 metres from my office door..

Jaguar S Type Sport, a further 4 metres away

Volvo C70 T5 2008 Model, another 6 metres from that.

BMW650 Cab - yesterday, took for a spin around the block - not that impressed..

Last week saw a 430 Ferrari a couple times, as well as a DB9, and a Phantom... Massive bloody thing that is.

:D

Regards

Mark Taubitz
#74 HAR

P.S. As for:
I saw a volvo beat a holden tonight
Done that many times - don't you reckon the Commodore drivers love it when they get smoked by a Volvo - a few times come to the next lights and the guys in the passenger seat are cracking up & bagging the guy, saying either "What is in that thing?" or "dude - you got smoked by a Volvo!!!" LOL
They are deceptively powerful hey :D some of the 5 cylinder turbo's pack a punch.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Forgot to post that I saw heaps of nice cars last weekend.

Ferrari 456GT on the hard shoulder with the bonnet up. oooooo costly :-)

BMW Z4 coupe x2

Ford GT in the showroom of the garage where I got my car service done. Boy is that a wide car. Also had dodgy electrics cos the alarm kept going off and the indicators flashed alternately, then in sequence and then one stayed on and the other stayed off!

Audi A5 x2
Audi R8! no mistaking those running lights coming at you. Was silver with a grey side slash. Nice.

Porsche 996 Turbo, then 20secs later saw another one! Then 2 minutes later a GT2!

Bentley GTC x2
Bentley Silver Spur with an M5 about 2ft from his back bumper, both doing well over a ton.

Aston Martin V8 Vantage x2
DB9 volante
DBS.... I think. Saw it go past on the other carriageway and in my mirrors it had those silvery/crystal rear lights and I think the DBS is the only car to have those.

alfa romeo SZ!!!!!!! There's only about 50 of those in the UK I think. Red of course.

And finally a Lambo Murcielago. First one I've seen on the road (only ever seen one on the back of a truck before). Blue. Going very fast and with the loudest exhaust ever. I could still hear him prodding the throttle when he was half a mile up the road and i had the radio on too!
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

Went on the Bay to Birdwood classic car run on the weekend, saw a few nice oldies.

Fav was probably a Lotus Europa. There were a couple of DeThomaso's there too.

E-type jags are growing on me - I must be getting old
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Big Kev wrote:Forgot to post that I saw heaps of nice cars last weekend.
A mate of mine has just moved to London from here (Canberra doesn't exactly have a high proportion of exotic cars) and he keeps emailing me pictures of all the kick arse cars he sees everyday.

I saw an ML63 yesterday. Whilst I hate Mercedes 4WDs at least this person had the decency to buy one with a stupidly big V8 in it. And the brakes on the thing were bloody massive.
Pinger$ wrote:E-type jags are growing on me - I must be getting old
Hehe - I've always liked the E-type. One of the first classics that I really did like the look of. Saw one from a distance the other day disappearing round a bend. The sound made me look, very, very cool.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Ferrari 512 parked downstairs yesterday. Number plate was FER 512 funnily enough. Not a huge fan of them myself. Some of the overhangs are too big for that sort of car. Still has presence though.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Found out one of my neighbours works for Autocar magazine.

He had a new M3 on his drive this morning.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
ashsimmonds

Post by ashsimmonds »

Exar Kun wrote:Ferrari 512 parked downstairs yesterday. Number plate was FER 512 funnily enough. Not a huge fan of them myself. Some of the overhangs are too big for that sort of car. Still has presence though.
Rob just took this car all the way to Noosa and back for the classic car show.
---> http://aussieexotics.com/drivers/thumbnails-149.html

Image Image Image
because you can't drive a house
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Haha, that's the one alright. Cool.

Saw an Audi R8 for the first time yesterday. I was down at the Audi Centre Canberra and they were just delivery it. The sound! Very, very nice car that one.
Peptis

Post by Peptis »

Exar Kun wrote:Saw an Audi R8 for the first time yesterday. I was down at the Audi Centre Canberra and they were just delivery it. The sound! Very, very nice car that one.
I've gotta get down there and have a look. Won't be too hard to convince the girl to come either, she loves Audis.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Peptis wrote:
Exar Kun wrote:Saw an Audi R8 for the first time yesterday. I was down at the Audi Centre Canberra and they were just delivery it. The sound! Very, very nice car that one.
I've gotta get down there and have a look. Won't be too hard to convince the girl to come either, she loves Audis.
I'm the one drawing their new dealership so I can go down anytime I want for "work". :D
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Saw one of the new v8 M3s today, the owner was having a little bit of a play and I must say that v8 makes a sweet sound at full noise. :D
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

Gizmo wrote:....You'll never see so many expensive cars in one area as you do on certain parts of the gold coast....
Except perhaps Japan :P

I see the coolest and craziest things here, enzo's, hummers; two days ago I saw a countach outside my apartment building.

But then again, take a look at this for a crazy one seater example.

Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

GustoAU wrote:
Gizmo wrote:....You'll never see so many expensive cars in one area as you do on certain parts of the gold coast....
Except perhaps Japan :P
And the main street of Rome, or for that matter any street on Rome. Saturday night the sound of the city changes from a 2.4L 4 cylinder diesel to a 6L v12 sooooo many amazing cars. even got to see a Bugatti EB110...
ashsimmonds

Post by ashsimmonds »

Today's spots...

Near Marion - [DETON 8] :p

Ran into this C4 Vette 3 times in an hour of driving:

And Aston Martin something on Rundle - pic taken by someone else who saw it half hour before me! :)

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/dlattach ... 3391;image
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

ashsimmonds wrote:
And Aston Martin something on Rundle - pic taken by someone else who saw it half hour before me! :)

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/dlattach ... 3391;image
That's a Vantage. :tilt:
ashsimmonds

Post by ashsimmonds »

Testarossa at the Fiat/Lancia show, 348TS on West tce, and Lotus Elise on east tce.

ashsimmonds

Post by ashsimmonds »

Exar Kun wrote:Ferrari 512 parked downstairs yesterday. Number plate was FER 512 funnily enough.
Was at Philip Island over the weekend. Here's a chase-car vid of it doing laps:

---> http://aussieexotics.com/forum/ferrari/ ... 693.0.html

by the way, chase car is a basically race-spec Lexus SC400 (toyota soarer) chasing down a 20yo bog-stock Ferrari. :tilt:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Was in Newcastle on the weekend. Saw a Mayback 57 on the street for the first time ever. Also on the way back saw two Diablos - one in Newcastle and one on the Hume between Sydney and Canberra. I think that's Diablo numbers 2 and 3 I've ever seen and both on the same day!
ashsimmonds

Post by ashsimmonds »

Exar Kun wrote:I think that's Diablo numbers 2 and 3 I've ever seen and both on the same day!
For the taswegians among us... keep an eye on the roads in a few weeks... :melt:
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Drove past a red Ferrari 430 on Friday (Greenhill Road).
"We will not be releasing a sanitised or cut down version [of Alien vs. Predator] for territories where adults are not considered by their governments to be able to make their own entertainment choices." Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley