VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

Oh yes. Yes, indeed.

Sideways, but with a purpose.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

I got the wheels yesterday, and I am getting the Bumpers repaired this weekend hopefully.

Then it will be lowerd, and painted. I hope.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Hello :aussie:
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

life is timeless Neil...

Many people I am sure are currently asking you why on earth are you wasting so much money on all this crap? Especially a crappy car lke that...

I want to tell you, go for it. I wasted so much money on cars, but loved every second of it. Yes you do eventually grow out of it, but I have no regrets.

The only thing I would like to recommend, is for a VK, they have never looked better than the original 80's muscle car style. When you try to make a VK look like a "fully sik Rice burner" with all the rice burn crap, they just look odd...

Two reason I suggest this.... it is always cool to go against current trends, it shows a touch of bravery to dare to be different.... and maybe more importantly, when the day does come when you are sick of it, you are more likely to sell it to some middle aged poindexter looking to relive his youth, that you will sell it to some 19something nipple ring inductee looking for his first ride... the same reason you did not buy one that was prepared earlier

:)

Anyway, enjoy your ride, whatever you do.... :D
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Yeah I dont like rice stuff to much to be honest. Those wheels I got were more conveniance. sadly they didnt have any wheel in my price range that would be more suited to a VK and i needed new tyres and rims anyway. The ol Pursuities were stuffed. :\

Id love to get a kit for it, the group A Fenders i think, like Brock had on the 84 VK he won with at bathurst.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

A mate of mine has a very, very nice VK. It was a project car for him and his dad some years ago and he's continued to work on it now and then. They got an old cop chaser that had been stolen and was falling to pieces and gutted it. Redid the whole interior, grey painted plastics and nice seats, very good stereo that you can barely see any traces of (except the massive amp and sub behind the back seat. Exterior got a Brock SS Grp A body kit painted a dark blue to a very high finish. Wheels were just 16" Walkinshaws to begin with but he ended up putting 19" ROHs on it which look alright but I reckon the Walkys look better. Engine was where most changes happened hehe. 6.2 litre Holden V8 with VN Group A twin throttle bodies. The thing goes ridiculously quick. He's lunched 4 gearboxes and a couple of diffs so far. Wheelspin into 4th gear but you'd expect that with that much power and Holden's rear end isn't the most refined. :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

93 Suziki Vitara JX Estate Wagon... 1600cc (lol)

Pretty much standard other than larger than stock tyres, 2" exhaust with extractors. She's a sweet machine... although the video doesn't show it, the hill is rather steep and wet. My bro had to winch his Pajero up :D

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/ ... 0_2959.flv