RTECH 1000

LFS chat
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

ReppohC wrote:Im tempted still, just waiting for clarification on disconnection rules :)
The decision on DISCO's will be stated within the Supp Reg's due out this Saturday, but to help you now, here it is:
"at race controls discretion a 1 lap penalty maybe imposed for any unforced disconnection".
If your wondering what Race Controls discretion means well it is simply related to how quick you or your co-driver re-joins the race, for example if it takes a team longer than 1 lap to re-join then the penalty will be waived.

How does that sound?
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Peptis

Post by Peptis »

You should modify it so that "at the admin's discrection a larger lap penalty can be imposed".

i.e., if you're stuck in the sand, or on your roof, and your connection just happens to drop out at that exact point in time... ;)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Peptis wrote:You should modify it so that "at the admin's discrection a larger lap penalty can be imposed".

i.e., if you're stuck in the sand, or on your roof, and your connection just happens to drop out at that exact point in time... ;)
Peptis, can you explain that a bit more as I am not quite sure what you mean, if you are refering to what I think you are then that is the reason it says "unforced DISCO" :yes:
Dukester

ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

A couple more things. If there are 32 cars on the field, not all the co-drivers can be in the server. How is this going to be handled?

I think unforced isn't the right word... That seems to imply that it wasn't in your control that you disconnect. Peptis is saying that if you get stuck off the track or on your roof, instead of taking the time to get out / respawn / pit / limp to pits with damage... you just pull your network cable. That was you take a 1 lap penalty [which is probably faster], as it appears that you had an unforced disconnection.

Personally it all comes down to the penalties and also the situation. If you d/c while in the final sector just about to go over the start finish [and thus not finishing that 99% complete lap] should you still get a lap penalty? Etc etc. Then there is the question of how do you fit back into the field. Say you do 20 laps then d/c. Get back out but with a 1 lap penalty. You do another 105 laps in the race. Where would you place? Some guy at the front has just done 124 laps, but you managed 125 with a disconnect [which almost always costs you time rather then saves it in my opinion]. Take the lap penalty you are on equal laps to the leader. AAL rules? You get placed behind everyone on equal amount of laps? Or?

Things would be alot easier if people just didn't disconnect in the first place I suppose.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

The event is limited to 20 cars reppohC
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Hz-Lab wrote:The event is limited to 20 cars reppohC
Yep & we will be lucky to get that many :(

As for the ruling, well I am not sure if you have read the OzBee thread yet but it is likely that we will be allowing resets in the race using Peptis's new PenaltyReset program (to be confirmed). Have a read on what it does and then relate that to the DISCO rule we have, it might change your thinking.
I agree it could still be open to abuse of ppl just pulling the plug but we will be having Race Control & spotters watching the action & if a car is in an unfortunate situation and has been for some time then all of a sudden DISCO's then it could be seen as being a bit suss, in which case the 1 lap penalty will be enforced. However with Peptis's program (if we use it) there will be an option to reset with a Stop/Go penalty for doing so.

I am more than happy to hear others opinions on this, as I agree it is open to interpretation dependent on circumstance, however using PenaltyReset lessens the type and likely hood of DISCO abuse but may open other means for abuse which we are working through now.
Dukester

Havoc-XRT-

Post by Havoc-XRT- »

hey nutty i was looking for a partner if u want??? really want to drive the jacks cars as i picked them early on till the olddog let me down lol so if u up for it that would be great???
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

***BOING****

Just a reminder this event is on this weekend.

Date & Time
Qual: 8.00-9.00pm Saturday 22nd September 2007 including Top Ten ShootOut
Race Start: 10.00am Sunday 23rd September 2007

Entries still open so if your interested find a team mate and come & join the most realistic experience you can have with LFS.

Sign-Up Here:
Dukester

Havoc-XRT-

Post by Havoc-XRT- »

ok im still in need of a partner for the v8 race so please help me out
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Havoc-XRT- wrote:ok im still in need of a partner for the v8 race so please help me out
Fandango's looking for a partner, you guys would make a cute couple.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Enforcer-J wrote:
Havoc-XRT- wrote:ok im still in need of a partner for the v8 race so please help me out
Fandango's looking for a partner, you guys would make a cute couple.
Che Bussy
Havoc-XRT-

Post by Havoc-XRT- »

Che Bussy!! all the way
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

So the event has been canceled?
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Sorry Sambo, I have been a bit busy with work & the AAL last night to post here till now.

Yes the RTECH 1000 has been canceled, however we will be doing an event(s) with the V8's in the near future.
Please read our official statement below.
http://www.ozbee-racing.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2053
Sapient from OzBee Forum wrote:Due to receiving less than required number of entries, the RTECH1000 has been postponed for the foreseeable future.

LFSEA would like to thank all the skinners and events organisers who got this concept off the ground, and a particularly large thanks to the sponsors, RTECH Computers, Custom Awards Online and Filthy Minds Clothing, for getting behind the idea.

For now we need to take stock of our planned events, but we envisage using the V8 Supercars skin pack for some shorter events before the end of the year.

We apologise for any inconvenience, but as we are sure you can understand, organising and controlling an event of this nature involves many people and plenty of hours, which hardly seems worthwhile for such a small field.

In the meantime, keep checking this forum for news on upcoming events.

Regards,
The LFSEA Admins.
Dukester

Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

nah your alright mate,

its a bummer, i know chaz and i were looking forward to this :(:(
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

ahh bummer! :)
but... for an event like this it would be best to have a full field.

Tough decision was made by the organisers, but... the right one in my books. :yes:
Steve
---
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

I'm a sad panda...
"We will not be releasing a sanitised or cut down version [of Alien vs. Predator] for territories where adults are not considered by their governments to be able to make their own entertainment choices." Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley
Bugle

Post by Bugle »

I'd be keen for it some other time probably, this sunday just wasn't good for me..
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

Bugle wrote:I'd be keen for it some other time probably, this sunday just wasn't good for me..
likewise...
Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Post by Gougoodthing »

Snap.

Your huge effort has been noticed, organisers, just not the right time or place :(

A "summer v8 series" would be sold out...

Even timed races, sprint races, compulsory driver changes for short races, anything!