Making LFS Videos

Post by Arrow »

Hey guys,

Im trying to make a video for Battle Of The Teams
but... i have no idea what im doing :D

What resolution do you set LFS?
full screen or windowed?
Fraps recording, full or half size?
So once i have those clips do i import them into Vegas and edit it (editing is all i know how to do)
once the video is finished how do i save it and compress it and which which codec divx or xvid?

only tutorial i have found is this.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=219

which isnt very helpful
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Chaz is the man (a term i use loosely.. ) to ask.

From the very little i have done, you want to limit LFS to 30fps, and set fraps to 30fps full screen.

As far as the compression, well you want xvid\divx use something like virtualdub which is an excellent coder. it also does sound, which you will probably want mp3.

The res you set lfs at doesnt really make a difference, i would just change it to what your computer can handle. Make sure you have AA and AAF on to full or close to it.
geezer45

Post by geezer45 »

I'm pretty keen on learning the tricks of capturing LFS video too! dwayno and I are currently doing some tests but any guidance from experienced LFS capturers would be most valuable :)
Fluffy Duck FTW!!!
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Get LFS Director, i think thats what its called nfi how to use it, but apparently its good.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

i tried that Little tutorial Arrow, and all i managed to get was 6fps from Fraps under recording no matter what resolution. NR2003 records at a strong 30fps when at 1920x1200x32 and all details max. Not sure as to why LFS sucks tho :( computer is fast enough
geezer45

Post by geezer45 »

NeilPearson wrote:i tried that Little tutorial Arrow, and all i managed to get was 6fps from Fraps under recording no matter what resolution. NR2003 records at a strong 30fps when at 1920x1200x32 and all details max. Not sure as to why LFS sucks tho :( computer is fast enough
Chaz suggested to turn off the AA and AF in your video card settings, and that reducing the resolution (when editing) will take care of most of the jagged lines. Perhaps give that a go Neil :)
Fluffy Duck FTW!!!
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

NeilPearson wrote:i tried that Little tutorial Arrow, and all i managed to get was 6fps from Fraps under recording no matter what resolution. NR2003 records at a strong 30fps when at 1920x1200x32 and all details max. Not sure as to why LFS sucks tho :( computer is fast enough
:doh:
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Neil, so did you try a different res? :lol:
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

that was the beauty of the capture tools made for GPL, in single step mode the game would go only as fast as it could capture, so you'd end up with a perfectly smooth video file. It's a shame there hasn't been anything made like that so far for LFS. That and not being able to rewind a replay is the biggest issues with LFS movie making. I've captured a few clips and if you FF too fast and miss your spot you feel like pulling your hair out :)
geezer45

Post by geezer45 »

geezer45 wrote:
Chaz suggested to turn off the AA and AF in your video card settings, and that reducing the resolution (when editing) will take care of most of the jagged lines. Perhaps give that a go Neil :)
NeilPearson wrote:
:doh:
My point is that you should turn off your AA and AF settings, and that to counter the jagged lines you'll invariably find as a result of turning off AA and AF, you just need to reduce the resolution WHEN EDITING. IE: NOT in LFS!!

n00b
Fluffy Duck FTW!!!
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

ROFL

what drugs are you on?

My Problem is when i record the video in LFS i get about 6fps. it has nothing to do with the editing part. so what help am i going to get from changing the resolution in the editing part when i cant even get a decent video to edit?
geezer45

Post by geezer45 »

NeilPearson wrote:ROFL

what drugs are you on?

My Problem is when i record the video in LFS i get about 6fps. it has nothing to do with the editing part. so what help am i going to get from changing the resolution in the editing part when i cant even get a decent video to edit?
Have you tried turning off the AA and AF??? How convenient that you keep ignoring that part!!!
Fluffy Duck FTW!!!
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

ignoring it because i tried it
geezer45

Post by geezer45 »

NeilPearson wrote:ignoring it because i tried it
And did you think of letting us know that you tried it (before now)?? No, because that would have been damaging to your case...
Fluffy Duck FTW!!!
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

to busy pointing out your own stupidity to make mine less visible ;)
geezer45

Post by geezer45 »

NeilPearson wrote:to busy pointing out your own stupidity to make mine less visible ;)
Ok, well it's good that you have admitted your own stupidity, however I fail to see what part of my statement was indeed stupid. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. Though considering how this is going, perhaps I should suggest that you start digging up??
Fluffy Duck FTW!!!
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

more threats please, needs more threats :D
Chaz
Stig

Post by Chaz »

your computer sucks :munch:
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Chaz wrote:your computer sucks :munch:
ooer

if you wernt a fricken robot with super strenght id take you on.

anyway its good enough to make videos in NR2003 and full res and full details at 30fps