Clean as a Whistle

Rugby World Cup **SPOILERS**

Post by Johnny X »

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 19,00.html

[Nelson Muntz mode on] Ha Ha [Neslon Muntz mode off]
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Funny to see that A gradw fuckwit O'Neill made to eat his words. Congrats to England. I didn't watch the game, and I think my views on union are well known, but if there has to be 1 team that England beat when playing us, Im glad its the Wallabies. Hopefully Gregan will fuck off into obscurity now.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

might wanna ad "**Spoilers **" to this thread title..
eek
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Was waiting for the GP to start. Man how glum were the commentators. Fantastic stuff. I have no idea of what was really happening (being from Vic) but having seen some Union and some League, Union seems the better, dunno why.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
norbs

Post by norbs »

fourthof5 wrote:Was waiting for the GP to start. Man how glum were the commentators. Fantastic stuff. I have no idea of what was really happening (being from Vic) but having seen some Union and some League, Union seems the better, dunno why.
Makes sense though. You are the king of the unsubstantiated claim!
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Hash words norbs harsh words. I am mortally wounded.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

England still can't score a try though. :p
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Montey

Post by Montey »

England are a one dimensional, one man team. I don't know why Australia didn't just go and knock Johny-boy's block off in the first 5 minutes. Yeah, we'd have a guy in the bin (is that in Union) for a while, but without the "dumper" England would have no game plan at all.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Montey wrote:England are a one dimensional, one man team.
Proved good enough to beat the Australian Team.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Montey

Post by Montey »

fourthof5 wrote:
Montey wrote:England are a one dimensional, one man team.
Proved good enough to beat the Australian Team.
Yeah, and fair crack to them. I didn't say that one dimension wasn't good. But if Australia knocked his head off his shoulders England would have nothing left.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
petey

Post by petey »

If not for Johnny's kicks and the amount of bloody penalties against us we had it in the bag.

England would have never scored a try if the game went for 10 years.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

bah your man had a go at "kicking" a penalty to win the game and farked it up. What would you have said if Australia won because of a kick rather than "Try" ?
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

fourthof5 wrote:bah your man had a go at "kicking" a penalty to win the game and farked it up. What would you have said if Australia won because of a kick rather than "Try" ?
Wouldn't have mattered - Australia still scored a try during the game. Wasn't a particularly pretty one but at least they proved they can get over the line.

That said - Australia didn't really deserve to win anyway. They made way too many mistakes and England had most of the possession. Kiwis choked once again though. Bizarre for the best team in the world.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
norbs

Post by norbs »

And this is why union is such a prick of a game. Fuck all trys scored and pricks milking penalties to score points.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Ive loved rara for ages, but once again this showed the shortfalls of the game.

Oh well, at least NZ are out too :p
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

norbs wrote:And this is why union is such a prick of a game. Fuck all trys scored and pricks milking penalties to score points.
Yeah, I find that aspect frustrating but as someone who doesn't really follow any footy code, I still find union the most interesting to watch. It has variety in play that the others don't.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

We never looked that good even against the minnows and coming up against our first real test we folded. Doesn't really matter that England were one dimensional, our scrum was pathetic and we barely contested the break down at all.
All in all it was a very dull game, Fiji v SA last night was a lot more exciting.
Many people suggest the penalties should be worth less, I agree with the sentiment but it would only see more penalties given to prevent tries. I think increasing the value of a try by one point would be a better solution.
brocko

Post by brocko »

Sarsippius wrote:Many people suggest the penalties should be worth less, I agree with the sentiment but it would only see more penalties given to prevent tries. I think increasing the value of a try by one point would be a better solution.
they already tried that tries used to be only 4 points but something does need to be done to get more tries scored. Maybe lower the number of players to 13 no wait thats league. :lol:
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

Sarsippius wrote:We never looked that good even against the minnows and coming up against our first real test we folded. Doesn't really matter that England were one dimensional, our scrum was pathetic and we barely contested the break down at all.
All in all it was a very dull game, Fiji v SA last night was a lot more exciting.
Many people suggest the penalties should be worth less, I agree with the sentiment but it would only see more penalties given to prevent tries. I think increasing the value of a try by one point would be a better solution.
Totally agree with you there. Australia never even looked like scoring and the fact that they did was amazing. I am really surprised that England didn't score a try and the margin wasn't alot bigger than that.

Australia with the ball in hand were pathetic also as sars said the scrum was rediculous. But there defense was sensational.
They should make sham wow stubbie holders so if ya spill ya beer you can soak it straight up and put it back in the stubbie
petey

Post by petey »

It was a brilliant play to get the try, assuming it was planned to draw them in and then break wide. It had me stumped until they pushed out.

But the bloody english were collapsing our scrums. Why would we collapse our own scrum ?? and then when they get the feed, all of a sudden the scrum works perfect first go.
If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you finally have enough horsepower.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Bugger. :(
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
bengatta
Ladies Motorkhana Champion

Post by bengatta »

fourthof5 wrote:Bugger. :(
I have not seen the results, but as most poms wear their hearts on the sleeves. I'll have had a bit of a wild stab in the dark...

South Africa got up???

actually all jokes aside, i thought Fiji making the quarters was the highlight... for them it seemed to like the best day of there lives... and they can proudly now boast, they are as good as Australia and New Zealand... :)
norbs

Post by norbs »

bengatta wrote:
I have not seen the results, but as most poms wear their hearts on the sleeves. I'll have had a bit of a wild stab in the dark...

South Africa got up???

actually all jokes aside, i thought Fiji making the quarters was the highlight... for them it seemed to like the best day of there lives... and they can proudly now boast, they are as good as Australia and New Zealand... :)
:rofl: what pom do you know that has a heart?
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

:rofl:
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

norbs wrote:
bengatta wrote:

South Africa got up???

:rofl: what pom do you know that has a heart?
Ouch.

Runs away in tears... mummy, man say bad things waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography