Interstate challenge: Are you interested?

LFS chat

If you're interested, tell us where you're from

ACT
2%
NSW
24%
VIC
17%
SA
24%
QLD
15%
NT
2%
WA
7%
TAS
9%

Total votes: 46

Peptis

Interstate challenge: Are you interested?

Post by Peptis »

I'm starting a poll to support the idea proposed in this thread:

http://arse.norbtech.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=8483

If you're interested in the idea of an interstate challenge, post what state you're from. Only post if you're interested in racing though.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Yeah I think this would be a good idea. Go VIC :)
Make it a single one-off event, mixed format, multiple car enduro with driver swaps to make it a true test of overall ability & skill to determine which state wins.
But then I am not the fastest around so even though I like the idea it might mean I don't get anywhere near the drivers seats to have a race. :P
Last edited by Duke on Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

i am definately interested :D SA here
Hello :aussie:
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Yeh i'll have a crack, but much like Flinty... not sure i'll get a drive if it comes down to a numbers game for NSW... :D
Steve
---
Sapient

Post by Sapient »

So how about a "State of Origin" event then?

NSW v QLD/NT

VIC/TAS v SA

Rustle up say 5-10 from each state, then play the winning states against each other. Enter as many state racers as we can get but only count points for the top 5 from each state? I dunno how to make sure the points work well....Flinty is better at this kinda thing.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Sapient wrote:So how about a "State of Origin" event then?

NSW v QLD/NT

VIC/TAS v SA

Rustle up say 5-10 from each state, then play the winning states against each other. Enter as many state racers as we can get but only count points for the top 5 from each state? I dunno how to make sure the points work well....Flinty is better at this kinda thing.
Hey this is a great idea to get more ppl involved and get them driving plus it might prove quite surprising if the event is an enduro as it is not always the fastest drivers who win enduro type events.
If there is enough interest then maybe we could have a round robin between the states then the top 2 teams/states after the round robin drive for a winner takes all event.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
JTM29

Post by JTM29 »

Id be up for it...Go NSW!!!
SamC
Photographer, not artist.

Post by SamC »

Im up for it! SA FTW!! :D
pogo

Post by pogo »

QLD, I'd have a go :wave2:
Rypien

Post by Rypien »

Even though i'm a slow-ass mofo, i'd still offer to throw my hat into the ring for QLD if needed.

Would it be your state of birth or state of current residence?

I think someone mentioned it earlier about having the top 3 or so drivers actually getting points for thier state, but allowing other drivers to race as well would add to the numbers and fill out the grid. There are quite a few options open with regards to driver numbers and who scores points etc.. But at the end of the day it would be good to have as many guys involved as possible.

I'm all for running an enduro type event, but a night of simple 5-10 lappers might be good fun as well. Say you ran 10 sprint races with your worst 3 results getting canned and the other 7 going towards your states points might be worth considering. Throwing away your worst race results would allow for any crashes and/or bad results to not to really stuff up your night.

One night set aside for an enduro type race, and another night for a few shorter races perhaps?

One car set for all might be an option worth considering too. A standard set that all drivers must use would keep things basic and allow drivers to all be on an equal footing right from the getgo. But i'm only throwing ideas out there atm and i'm probably comming off as a LFS noob git who is outta his league :drown:

Fun should be the bottom line though, and anything that would drag things down into a mind numbing chore scenario should be thrown out the door instantly. Keeping it simple and enjoyable is the name of the game :yes:
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

pogo wrote:QLD, I'd have a go :wave2:
+1
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

I would be up for it. QLD
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

We started this idea a while ago. I can't seem to find the thread though. I even did up some skins for the tassie team.

I'll have to hunt them down..
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

"SA Great!"

What a crappy slogan lol
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

yeah if u run XFR's, which was the initial intention, then there are a few skins floating around.. I did an SA one.. good to go
Rypien

Post by Rypien »

Virtual_R wrote in the other thread -
Can't see it being a problem if only a top amount of drivers from each state are scored. Why not have it as a series of single races where everyone can just turn up wearing a different skin per state they are from, maybe even add a [VIC] [NSW] etc to their name. A top 4 per state points system could work, there wouldn't have to be any set teams as such. Surely people from each state would know a few more LFS guys from there who they could encourage to take part.

If a state had less than 4 guys entered they would drop back in the points tally, which is the same as would happen for a team based championship. As long as its the top 4 guys from each state ranked and not everyone I can't see any issues.

Drivers points could also be tallied separately to have a battle for specific states and outright champion from a single state.

Building a series specifically for drivers that have to race would be more likely to fail, opening it up for everyone to take part and represent their state, but not being binded to a specific team as such in my view would be much more successful.
i like what he said regarding the tally of points :nod:
Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Post by Gougoodthing »

Rypien wrote:Virtual_R wrote in the other thread -
Can't see it being a problem if only a top amount of drivers from each state are scored. Why not have it as a series of single races where everyone can just turn up wearing a different skin per state they are from, maybe even add a [VIC] [NSW] etc to their name. A top 4 per state points system could work, there wouldn't have to be any set teams as such. Surely people from each state would know a few more LFS guys from there who they could encourage to take part.

If a state had less than 4 guys entered they would drop back in the points tally, which is the same as would happen for a team based championship. As long as its the top 4 guys from each state ranked and not everyone I can't see any issues.

Drivers points could also be tallied separately to have a battle for specific states and outright champion from a single state.

Building a series specifically for drivers that have to race would be more likely to fail, opening it up for everyone to take part and represent their state, but not being binded to a specific team as such in my view would be much more successful.
i like what he said regarding the tally of points :nod:

Cool, i'll run blocker and smash all the Victorian's off the track when they lap me. :lol:
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Gougoodthing wrote:Cool, i'll run blocker and smash all the Victorian's off the track when they lap me. :lol:
Thats the South Aussie spirit :rofl:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Too bloody right. Ram that VB shit down there throats
Rypien

Post by Rypien »

I lived in SA for a year.

Still getting night sweats, and this rash just wont go away.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Rypien wrote:I lived in SA for a year.

Still getting night sweats, and this rash just wont go away.
hmm, yes, thats what sleeping with visiting victorian slags gets ya
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

Mexicans only migrate north, going west would be like heading deeper into the hole :P
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Was gonna bother with some witty comeback.... but having VB as your State beer is insult enough...

go on....... go on..... make a f1GP comment.... go on, it always goes that way... do it...
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Hz-Lab wrote:Was gonna bother with some witty comeback.... but having VB as your State beer is insult enough...
:rofl: :clap:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

If the time suits I'd be there - if nothing else you guys would laugh at me racing now :)
Luigi only likes Ferraris.