Interstate challenge: Are you interested?

LFS chat

If you're interested, tell us where you're from

ACT
2%
NSW
24%
VIC
17%
SA
24%
QLD
15%
NT
2%
WA
7%
TAS
9%

Total votes: 46

Peptis

Post by Peptis »

It's been less than 24 hours since the poll was posted and we've got 32 expressions of interest so far. I'd say that there's enough interest to do something. We'll probably get more people wanting to race once this is placed on some of the other forums as well.

Perhaps a small group of us could sort out the details. I'm volunteering to help, but we should really get some experienced league/event organisers on board as well. Does the LFSEA team (or anyone else) want to take on this idea?
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

The problems that the guys trying to organise it last time was numbers in the race. What they were attempting was 6 each state, top 4/5 get the points. But couldn't work out how to get each state racing against each other twice, without doubling/tripling/quadrupling up - numbers being limited to 20 and all.

Based on the numbers now (and the fact that we can fit more than 20 into a race) I can't see how it would be difficult for an easy format to decide the State of Origin champions.

As I post, we have the following numbers:

ACT: 1
NSW: 7
VIC : 8
SA: 9
QLD: 4
NT: 0
WA: 2
TAS: 2

So to spread the numbers around:

NSW vs SA vs VIC vs WANTASACT vs QLD

All we need is a few more drivers for QLD to make it to 6... and 1 more driver for the WANTASACT team.

5 teams, 6 drivers each team, top 4 drivers score the points for the team and make it a multi race per round (2-3 shorter races on the night), 3-4 round series.

EDIT: I'm just throwing in an idea or two. I'm running an rFactor series so I don't have the experience or time to help with this but would like to run if it's on the right night (i.e. not monday or wednesday!)
gasking

Post by gasking »

GT VIRUS wrote:Too bloody right. Ram that VB shit down there throats
so ture, i can help fill the numbers for SA if needed
Sapient

Post by Sapient »

You can mark LFSEA as seriously considering possibly maybe thinking about doing this event. :tilt:
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Come on west aussies show your support!
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

Peptis wrote:It's been less than 24 hours since the poll was posted and we've got 32 expressions of interest so far. I'd say that there's enough interest to do something. We'll probably get more people wanting to race once this is placed on some of the other forums as well.

Perhaps a small group of us could sort out the details. I'm volunteering to help, but we should really get some experienced league/event organisers on board as well. Does the LFSEA team (or anyone else) want to take on this idea?
AAL is interested in running this. We're just discussing the particulars of how it'll work with our site. We have the infrastructure to easily organise it.
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Unfortunately I think thats all of us Neil.... We can take em anyway :p
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

hit Fandango up on the MNR forums or sumthin, he's a Westerner
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

Wasn't there also some kind of football match with a UF1 proposed? The crappy skin is sitting somewhere around here.
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Scuderia_Alan wrote:Wasn't there also some kind of football match with a UF1 proposed? The crappy skin is sitting somewhere around here.
oh god dont mention that, spoon will go mental and spam

OMGHWTFBBQ LETS PLAY BCOD STATE COMPETITION :p
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Soccer was awesome fun :D
Sapient

Post by Sapient »

J_luo88 wrote:
Peptis wrote:It's been less than 24 hours since the poll was posted and we've got 32 expressions of interest so far. I'd say that there's enough interest to do something. We'll probably get more people wanting to race once this is placed on some of the other forums as well.

AAL is interested in running this. We're just discussing the particulars of how it'll work with our site. We have the infrastructure to easily organise it.
Over to you AAL....... LFSEA have a pretty full event schedule currently anyway.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

ReppohC wrote:Unfortunately I think thats all of us Neil.... We can take em anyway :p
we are going to have to!! :D
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

I'd like to take part also, hopefully it will be open to anyone to participate and not limited to a certain number of best drivers.

Maybe a new option could be added to the drivers profile page on the AAL site, where each member can select the state they are from. A new script could be made to link driver / state together to tally points instead of the current driver / team setup, could be useful as a variable setting to swap between the two if this kind of series becomes common in the future :)
Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Post by Gougoodthing »

NeilPearson wrote:
ReppohC wrote:Unfortunately I think thats all of us Neil.... We can take em anyway :p
we are going to have to!! :D

At a stretch, i could be a dud sub for the Sand Gropers

I spend one week in every 3 or 4 there, we have too many South Australians as it is.

But I am slow tho... :no:
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

Virtual-R wrote:I'd like to take part also, hopefully it will be open to anyone to participate and not limited to a certain number of best drivers.

Maybe a new option could be added to the drivers profile page on the AAL site, where each member can select the state they are from. A new script could be made to link driver / state together to tally points instead of the current driver / team setup, could be useful as a variable setting to swap between the two if this kind of series becomes common in the future :)
Yep exactly what we're thinking atm. =]
Rypien

Post by Rypien »

Awesome.

Sounds like this thing is up and away :yes: I hope to be able to throw on a QLD skin, but if driver limits are in then i'd happily step aside for a faster guy. I'd probably have just as much fun spectating with beer in hand anyways :nod:
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

From memory: Hz didn't you make an SA skin that was fairly good?
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

GT VIRUS wrote:From memory: Hz didn't you make an SA skin that was fairly good?
dunno about good.. lol

It's probably a little dated by now, but oh well... Can always do another one, it was for the XFR, so it depends on what car they chose to run with..

ah.. here it is..

ooh, and look what else i found...

pogo

Post by pogo »

Personally, I'd like to see a series with a choice of drive-trains, eg. XF/XR, or even TBO.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Found the tassie one I did.
Fandango
Rubber Rooter

Post by Fandango »

Righto I'm in for WA. Won't have the pace of neil or rep but im in ;)
Fandangas,Fang,Fangas,Bangas,Fanny,Fan,Fandsy,Fandangdiddlyo........
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

So i asked chaz about his thoughts on the matter....:

Chaz says:
ill be on mars by then
Sam says:
the rock climbing centre?
Chaz says:
no the planet dick head
Sam says:
oh, so your a fan of non breathable atmospheres?
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

Sambo wrote:So i asked chaz about his thoughts on the matter....:

Chaz says:
ill be on mars by then
Sam says:
the rock climbing centre?
Chaz says:
no the planet dick head
Sam says:
oh, so your a fan of non breathable atmospheres?
So when's the wedding date?

You two act like a married couple so much, it scares me.

Of course, I'd be interested to see who'd play the bitch in that relationship :P
Middle Pack Racing Watch your mirrors!

Norbs on Germaine Greer: "..that crusty old slag can tongue kiss my quivering sphincter muscle, fuck her and the pretentious boat she fucking sailed in on."
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Do we need the state captians again? I seem to remember being Captian by Default last time