LFS Movie - AAL GTR 2007

LFS chat
Chaz
Stig

Post by Chaz »

Glad you liked it guys :)

Updated first post with HD version if any wallys want to give it a shot, need a powerful comp but geez so clear :D
Peptis

Post by Peptis »

The music was a bit cheesy, but the video-work was excellent! Great work Chaz :D

Did you apply some effects to the colours and contrast? The graphics looked a lot more vivid than the in-game stuff which looks washed out by comparison.
Charles

Post by Charles »

Raising the bar again Chaz... fantastic job! I like that bit at the end too :D
Very good camera work, and the high frame rate makes it looks super smooth :yes: 8)
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Haven't watched it yet but... I am able to convert is to proper HD mpegs and DVD versions too. The normal frame rate for film is 25fps so if you watch it on a telly it will look pretty cool at that frame rate.

Once I get them I will convert them and see how they go comparatively for size.

*edit

Just watched it. I can appreciate just how much time has gone into getting all those camera angles, it takes soooooo long. You have gone to a massive amount of effort to do that.

I agree with peptis, the music is a little to much "sega rally" for my liking but I still really like the vid.

Noice work.

I tried changing the vid to DVD standard. It knocks about 20mb off the overall size. Probably not really worth the effort of uploading.
Chaz
Stig

Post by Chaz »

Peptis wrote:Did you apply some effects to the colours and contrast? The graphics looked a lot more vivid than the in-game stuff which looks washed out by comparison.
Yep its called the Cineon Converter in Adobe Premiere, thats the only filter I used.

The music was a bit risky, kind of hate it or love it stuff, I wanted something that was technoish. When I was searching for music, I hit my Initial D folder and didn't turn back :lol:

@Righty, i can encode the vid to pretty much any specs if you wish, 25/50fps and res etc. I originally had it at 25fps but its just way too jerky.
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

I actually like the music... dunno what the people over the LFSforum are on about :S

Needs to be upbeat to keep the movie interesting, and i think it did that. Also the relevance of the last song is good as well. =]
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Chaz wrote:
Peptis wrote:Did you apply some effects to the colours and contrast? The graphics looked a lot more vivid than the in-game stuff which looks washed out by comparison.
Yep its called the Cineon Converter in Adobe Premiere, thats the only filter I used.

The music was a bit risky, kind of hate it or love it stuff, I wanted something that was technoish. When I was searching for music, I hit my Initial D folder and didn't turn back :lol:

@Righty, i can encode the vid to pretty much any specs if you wish, 25/50fps and res etc. I originally had it at 25fps but its just way too jerky.
I didn't realise you were using premiere. I thought you were doing something with the LFS movie maker. I was just using premiere to convert it :) I use premiere everyday for work so I am pretty familiar with it. I don't know where the jerkyness would be coming from. I watched it back at 25fps and I thought it was good. As that's sort of the industry standard, I tend to convert all my stuff to that frame rate.
Chaz
Stig

Post by Chaz »

You're right its not that bad, but I did a test with 50fps and couldn't go back... hehe
Bugle

Post by Bugle »

A+++++++ would watch again!
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

Sounds like the stats for my last two lfs movies (first one rendered at 720x576@50fps, last at 1024x768@30fps; my computer couldn't handle any higher).

I'm glad someone has finally made another LFS movie in a higher resolution than mine :D
downloading HD... having to wait lots of time before downloading the next part :(
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

Bugle wrote:A+++++++ would watch again!
LOL Damn EBayers.

A++++++++ Video delivered on time but music was a bit to be desired. Other than that Great LFSer will deal with again.
They should make sham wow stubbie holders so if ya spill ya beer you can soak it straight up and put it back in the stubbie
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

hehe I see you have a copy of Initial D Battle Stage also :) Great video dude well done :yes:
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Awesome work Chaz, like everyone else said, fantastic angles and camera work. very noice.. but... Pokemon the Movie rang, they wan't their music back.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Hz: the Film Viewers Union of Australia rang wondering why you have watched Pokemon: The Movie?
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

GT VIRUS wrote:Hz: the Film Viewers Union of Australia rang wondering why you have watched Pokemon: The Movie?
The ex King of Assumption called, he wants his title back...
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

Brillo stuff chaz!!!
The framerate and camera motion is so awesomely smooth...
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Hz-Lab wrote:
GT VIRUS wrote:Hz: the Film Viewers Union of Australia rang wondering why you have watched Pokemon: The Movie?
Surely you take that title if you have not as first thought watched the pokemon movie, as you assumed it would have such music.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

GT VIRUS wrote:
Hz-Lab wrote:
Surely you take that title if you have not as first thought watched the pokemon movie, as you assumed it would have such music.
:rolleyes: sorry, shoulda been clearer, i was referring that at myself anywho.

meanwhile, The Master of Steering Threads Off Topic called... Yes, i rang myself... lets get it back on track.
avaran

Post by avaran »

Awesome movie chaz! :)

Initial D is good, music suits the theme... cars. :)
Chaz
Stig

Post by Chaz »

Anyone that is interested I have put up all my old movies on 1 page. Theres a few bonus ones in there as well.

http://www.southerncrossracing.com/chaz_lfs_movies.php
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

"A quick video showing crazy physics on the BF1. Sambo insisted he be credited for the music, so he got a BIG credit at the end :P"

You fucker, in my defense, he was like right sambo you have to find a classical piece of music with length 1:19 to suit this video...and for those who dont listen to classical..most pieces last about 6 and three quarter days so it was tough.
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Sambo wrote:and for those who dont listen to classical..most pieces last about 6 and three quarter days so it was tough.
:rofl: :D

@ Chaz: You ever going to make those other "Crazy physics bf1" into a video? That was about 30-40 minutes as I recall... I reckon Sambo could find some classical music to suit that easy! :p
dwayno

Post by dwayno »

:rofl:

Sambo: Music choice is inspired!!!!
Chaz: Kinda reminds me of the Honda "when things just work" ad, the way the camera dollys along. Classic video!

Kubica would have walked out of that with just a sore toe