OzSport Broadcast Test Race (Sign-Up)

LFS chat
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

Bugle wrote:But what if everyone crashes? :p

Too bad you can't pit on that track
Well i was going to crash into the safety car, since braden is driving it. but not now this has been bought to my attention.
geezer45

Post by geezer45 »

NeilPearson wrote:
Bugle wrote:But what if everyone crashes? :p

Too bad you can't pit on that track
Well i was going to crash into the safety car, since braden is driving it. but not now this has been bought to my attention.
Just be thankful South City doesn't have any sand traps :lol:
Fluffy Duck FTW!!!
geezer45

Post by geezer45 »

OzSport drivers Neil Pearson and Tim Carolan confirmed.
Fluffy Duck FTW!!!
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

By the way guys going by raceauthority.com the (unofficial) Formula Jr (which is the same car/restrictions) record for this track is a 45.510 which I can't see being very hard to beat. Just done a 45.46
They should make sham wow stubbie holders so if ya spill ya beer you can soak it straight up and put it back in the stubbie
dwayno

Post by dwayno »

Unforgiven wrote:By the way guys going by raceauthority.com the (unofficial) Formula Jr (which is the same car/restrictions) record for this track is a 45.510 which I can't see being very hard to beat. Just done a 45.46
Agreed. Aliens will probably break the 45 somehow. I managed a 46.3 before even looking at setup. Balance of power/restriction is good - should be some great racing/moments on this track!
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

All I did was grabbed the inferno set for so2 and reversed the cambers and dropped the wings a little.
They should make sham wow stubbie holders so if ya spill ya beer you can soak it straight up and put it back in the stubbie
dwayno

Post by dwayno »

Unforgiven wrote:All I did was grabbed the inferno set for so2 and reversed the cambers and dropped the wings a little.
Sweet. Theres probably a bit of extra time to be had adjusting the gear ratios too. Too bad I don't get to race.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Unforgiven wrote:All I did was grabbed the inferno set for so2 and reversed the cambers and dropped the wings a little.
Haha, that is exactly what I did last week and got a 46.22, so yeah the Alien's should be break'in 44's.
Like Dwayno said a bit of mucking around with grear ratio's and some minor diff / suspension tuning (more weight) should get times down.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
geezer45

Post by geezer45 »

For the record, DUcK managed a 44.96!! :yikes:

The race should be awesome! I am currently working on some rules/regulations for the event and will post as soon as I finish them :)
Fluffy Duck FTW!!!
geezer45

Post by geezer45 »

I have just updated the opening post to tidy it up a bit and add some extra details, including
- Announcing that OzSport server is currently open for practice for this event (p/w OzRocks)
- Confirming that modifications on FO8s will indeed by 70kg weight added and 20% air intake restriction
- Uploading MAM's Qualifying setup, which has said modifications applied
- Revealing qualification format (10 minute open session, followed by Top 10 shootout)

NOTE: For teams that have yet to confirm their driver line-ups, please do so soon. I will send a PM to all participants/team representatives on Sunday night to remind everyone that the race is this Wednesday night, and to confirm that they can compete. In the interim, I will continue to develop the rules and regulations for this event, which will mainly be based around following directions from Race Control and becoming familiar with the role of the Safety Car in this particular event.
Last edited by geezer45 on Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fluffy Duck FTW!!!
Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Post by Gougoodthing »

Desperately clutching at straws...

I'm in as first emergency for the Privateers, if any of the real teams are struggling to fill their spots i'd love the opportunity to sub for anyone in this event.
schuey97
Yet to Dip his Nib

Post by schuey97 »

geezer45 wrote:I have just updated the opening post to tidy it up a bit and add some extra details, including
- Announcing that OzSport server is currently open for practice for this event (p/w OzRocks)
- Confirming that modifications on FO8s will indeed by 75kg weight added and 20% air intake restriction
- Uploading MAM's Qualifying setup, which has said modifications applied
- Revealing qualification format (10 minute open session, followed by Top 10 shootout)

NOTE: For teams that have yet to confirm their driver line-ups, please do so soon. I will send a PM to all participants/team representatives on Sunday night to remind everyone that the race is this Wednesday night, and to confirm that they can compete. In the interim, I will continue to develop the rules and regulations for this event, which will mainly be based around following directions from Race Control and becoming familiar with the role of the Safety Car in this particular event.
Butters, your first post states 70kg and 20% intake and the post I am quoting you says 75kg and 20%.......just incase that confuses anyone it is the 70kg as on the first post.
Schuey's Unobtainables
Natalie Portman -- Delta Goodrem -- Miranda Kerr -- Avril Lavigne
geezer45

Post by geezer45 »

Gougoodthing wrote:Desperately clutching at straws...

I'm in as first emergency for the Privateers, if any of the real teams are struggling to fill their spots i'd love the opportunity to sub for anyone in this event.
Hey mate, please show up on the night. You may get a run! Otherwise would you be interested in helping out as a Spotter??

I am going to send out PMs soon to teams/drivers enrolled to remind them that the race is THIS Wednesday and to have them confirm their entries. If we are one short, you'll be the first to know :nod:
schuey97 wrote:Butters, your first post states 70kg and 20% intake and the post I am quoting you says 75kg and 20%.......just incase that confuses anyone it is the 70kg as on the first post.
Well spotted Braden!! Sheesh and I'm meant to be the editor!! :fall:
Fluffy Duck FTW!!!
Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Post by Gougoodthing »

geezer45 wrote:
Gougoodthing wrote:Desperately clutching at straws...

Hey mate, please show up on the night. You may get a run! Otherwise would you be interested in helping out as a Spotter??

I am going to send out PMs soon to teams/drivers enrolled to remind them that the race is THIS Wednesday and to have them confirm their entries. If we are one short, you'll be the first to know :nod:
No worries, will be there for sure.

(Perhaps send me a quick PM or link re the expectations/duties/tips for being a spotter, i've done it in real life but not on LFS)
geezer45

Post by geezer45 »

Gougoodthing wrote:No worries, will be there for sure.

(Perhaps send me a quick PM or link re the expectations/duties/tips for being a spotter, i've done it in real life but not on LFS)
Thanks Gordon! We haven't quite worked out what being a spotter in LFS is all about ourselves, though I think the main duties will be identifying incidents that are worthy of the deployment of the Safety Car, as well as keeping an eye out for drivers who may be misbehaving/deserving of a penalty. :)
Fluffy Duck FTW!!!
geezer45

Post by geezer45 »

You're in luck Gordon! DUcK just pulled out because his school band is performing on Wednesday night. You're in!! :D
Fluffy Duck FTW!!!
Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Post by Gougoodthing »

geezer45 wrote:You're in luck Gordon! DUcK just pulled out because his school band is performing on Wednesday night. You're in!! :D

A big sigh of relief from everyone I would have thought :yes:
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I'll fill the other FMR seat :)
geezer45

Post by geezer45 »

***SETUPS***
A big thankyou is in order for MAM who has supplied a qual and race set for this event. You may download either or both from here or the first post of this thread.

Qual Setup: MAM's South City Sprint 1 Qual Setup (handicaps applied) UPDATED!!
Race Setup: MAM's South City Sprint 1 Race Setup (handicaps applied) NEW!!

It is not a requirement for drivers to use these setups. Each setup is intended to be a base from which drivers can modify to suit their own driving style. The idea is to help out those who don't know how/don't have enough time to develop setups from scratch. And, because this race uses a modified version of an existing car, this will make it even harder for drivers to find a decent base setup online. Besides, isn't racing more about driver skill than the ability to setup a car?
Fluffy Duck FTW!!!
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Yes and No :p
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

id say not really.

a driver who knows what does what will instantly have an advantage over someone who is just copying a setup from another person, they can manipulate the setup to how they like the car to drive.

then there is braden who just creates silly setups and changes his driving style :P
geezer45

Post by geezer45 »

NeilPearson wrote:id say not really.

a driver who knows what does what will instantly have an advantage over someone who is just copying a setup from another person, they can manipulate the setup to how they like the car to drive.

then there is braden who just creates silly setups and changes his driving style :P
True True! What I meant moreso is that the drivers who don't know how to setup their cars can at least just concentrate on driving if they are provided with some sort of base set, rather than struggling with the default set or an inferno set for a car they are not driving and randomly writing 'ss' to others, hoping to find a set that is quick and that they can drive. So, while the drivers who know how to tweak a setup to their own driving style will still have an advantage over those that don't, at least the latter group will have something better than nothing. Hopefully this will create a more level playing field, at least amongst those who just drive.

And yes, Braden's setups are not to be trusted.
Fluffy Duck FTW!!!
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

I think i'm going to have to pull-out of this one. Bloody useless morons at work :( when i'm not available don't get yourselfs fired
schuey97
Yet to Dip his Nib

Post by schuey97 »

Hey I dont change my driving style.....I still have the same one since the GP2 days and there is nothing wrong with my setups.....a lot better than those crappy inferno setups (for my driving style anyway) :D
Schuey's Unobtainables
Natalie Portman -- Delta Goodrem -- Miranda Kerr -- Avril Lavigne
Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Post by Gougoodthing »

In relation to the race mail sent tonight, is warping allowed during the open qualifying session?