Good or Evil? (Motorbike riders)

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
avaran

Good or Evil? (Motorbike riders)

Post by avaran »

Hey guys, just wondering what everyone elses thoughts are on this.

Riding motorbikes seems to attract alot of attention from kids, "Look mum, motorbike" or "Hi!" and lots of waves. Strange considering no one waves at me, or shouts out to their parents when I'm driving a car... :P

So my question to you guys is, do you wave back like a nice bloke and hopefully instill in him a sense that people are generally nice in this world, or do you ignore the poor little kid who is excited about seeing a motorbike and make him think people are just generally arseholes? Or do you just get really evil, and smash your fist against his window, laugh manically, do a big burnout and ride off?
Or something althogether different?

Makes me wonder why kids are so excited about motorbikes? Is it because they are rare, different, or just plain awesome?
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

If I rode a motorbike, I'd give them a lil' nod... or if they're really young a lil' wave.
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Slightly different I spose... kids get all excited when they see my car next to them at the lights and start waving at me. I always wave back... Don't want them to think everyone that drives a rex is a wanker! :D
Steve
---
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

my kids don't give a toss about motorbikies, but love Taxi's. We even had to take them for a ride in one once.
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

Id give a nod back for sure. I get the same sort of thing with the 180's popup headlights. tbh, its the young kids and that sitting in the back seat of the parents car. I normally do the headlights down and up thing. Which makes them smile and talk between the other kids in the car.
avaran

Post by avaran »

Cool stuff guys. :)

I guess I've never owned a cool enough car to get waves, or driven a taxi... :P
The barina got lots of laughs though! :P
bertie

Post by bertie »

I give the kids a wave (and then give the bike a quick blat) when they wave or point at me while riding - the smiles it puts on their faces is awesome. One thing I've noticed is that some of the time it's the dads pointing the bikes out to the kids - I wonder who the *real* kids in those families are :nod:
DJglass

Post by DJglass »

Kids love my car. I've even had a bus load of Muslim kids (going to muslim school) pointing and waving. I've had motorbike riders pointing and talking to me too, which is kinda hard. Hearing anything over my intake noise and them with a helmet on and all. Most sedan drivers try to pretend I'm not there.

Some bike riders I've seen give waves to kids, in the Christmas toy run a few days ago they were going slow enough to high-5 people at the roadside. On the other hand there are plenty of ar$eholes on bikes too. We pulled out of a side road (in family car) with plenty of room to spare in an 80 zone last weekend and still received 2 fingers from the on coming bike. No need for that.
There is a psyco rider I see almost every day that I'm waiting to see splattered going up Glen Osmond Rd or the Freeway. A blue trail bike fitted with a road-race tire on the rear and his mirrors underneath the handlebars, always weaving between cars down the center lane way too fast. I gave him a scare once though. He tore away from the lights and thought he was all alone and started to weave across lanes slalom style.... until he realised I was with him :D . Haven't seem him do that since.