Soon available : Formula BMW FB02

LFS chat
Shaun

Soon available : Formula BMW FB02

Post by Shaun »

Hello Racers!

We are pleased to announce that there will be a new patch before Christmas. This patch will contain AI and physics improvements, updated Blackwood and South City tracks and... a new real car - The Formula BMW FB02!

The story behind the new car is that there is a new UK based company called V1 Championship whose aim is to discover a new racing driver through a series of tests resulting in a place in a team for the winning driver. V1 will be launched in 2008 and shown on TV in the UK. Live for Speed will be used as part of the selection process, before testing in real cars. V1 asked us to create a Formula BMW to make this test as realistic as possible. BMW Motorsport gave us permission to build the car in LFS, so we went ahead and built it.

The V1 car is owned by Fortec Motorsport where V1 is based. Thanks to V1 and Fortec, I was able to get a test day driving the Formula BMW and that helped a lot with the realism of the LFS version of the car.

Many forum users will have been expecting the finished GTR racing car interiors to be included, as that was originally planned for Patch Y. But the Formula BMW caused a change of plans, so those much anticipated interiors aren't quite ready yet. Anyway, the FZ, XR and XF GTR and road car interiors are near complete and will be released as soon as possible.

We can't give an exact date for the release yet but it will be before Christmas. Right now you can watch a video of my test day and footage of the car in LFS. Thanks to DoN for making the video. Click the link below to download it. If it doesn't play on your computer, just visit http://www.divx.com and install the free DivX player.

http://www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_FBMW_LORES.zip (30 MB)
http://www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_FBMW_HIRES.zip (69 MB)

We hope you enjoy the video and we look forward to releasing the patch, which is currently being thoroughly tested!

linkage http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php? ... post612867
Hello :aussie:
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

mother fucker hell yes!

interesting about the updated blackwood though, i mean wasnt it updated for S2 anyway
TIMMY30

Post by TIMMY30 »

Perhaps another configuration of blackwood could be in the works. That would rock :nod:
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

This is a hoot of a car.
Smaller than the FOX but really nimble. Makes for really close racing.
And with a new logical track layout we've got quite a Chrissy present.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Sweet! Still, it's the third game for the FBMW to turn up in so will be an interesting comparison once again. Great news that he got actual track time in the car. :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

I payed particular interest to these parts. Certainly adds a new dimension to the game. The chance to stall it coming out of pits?

02:49 --> 02:55
To drive as fast as possible with the sequential gearbox you don't use the clutch and must let off the throttle for a moment to change up.

02:56, --> 00:03:02
Engines now have more inertia, realistic red lines, the clutch is going to overheat and the engines can be stalled.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

YouTube

Post by r8response »

YouTube for those who don't wish to download

GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Now this lines up directly at IDT and Simbin, i hope it compares favourably :)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I like how he didn't stay in his safe zone - he pushed and got a feeling for how a car should handle on the limit.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
pogo

Post by pogo »

r8response wrote:I payed particular interest to these parts. Certainly adds a new dimension to the game. The chance to stall it coming out of pits?

To drive as fast as possible with the sequential gearbox you don't use the clutch and must let off the throttle for a moment to change up.

Engines now have more inertia, realistic red lines, the clutch is going to overheat and the engines can be stalled.
:yes:

So where does it sit in relation to the other open wheelers? Quicker than FOX, slower than F08?
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

GT VIRUS wrote:Now this lines up directly at IDT and Simbin, i hope it compares favourably :)
It always gives me a smile when people think that IDT we're responsible for the FBMW mod for rFactor :shake:
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

pogo wrote:
r8response wrote:I payed particular interest to these parts. Certainly adds a new dimension to the game. The chance to stall it coming out of pits?

So where does it sit in relation to the other open wheelers? Quicker than FOX, slower than F08?
I read on the LFS forums that its go 50hp less than the FOX but has a quicker top speed.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

r8response wrote:
GT VIRUS wrote:Now this lines up directly at IDT and Simbin, i hope it compares favourably :)
It always gives me a smile when people think that IDT we're responsible for the FBMW mod for rFactor :shake:
Well the Speedwerx people who were responsible (apart from those who had retired) went to IDT who helped finish it off. It was released under IDT's banner and that's that. I know all about your involvement with (and exit from) Speedwerx, by the way, so I wouldn't speak up too loudly.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Exar Kun wrote:
r8response wrote:
Well the Speedwerx people who were responsible (apart from those who had retired) went to IDT who helped finish it off. It was released under IDT's banner and that's that. I know all about your involvement with (and exit from) Speedwerx, by the way, so I wouldn't speak up too loudly.
There are always 2 sides to every coin Exar. But it seems you've already formed your opinion.
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

pogo wrote:
Not sure.... but found this: http://bmw-motorsport.com/ms/en/fascina ... _fb02.html
Steve
---
Cutter

Post by Cutter »

Slightly slower than the FOX, but a lot more um spritely.

by the way I think I smell next years first AAL series.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

thornz

Post by thornz »

time to dust off the momo wheel i think. this is the sort of thing that'll get me racing again!!!
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

thornz wrote:time to dust off the momo wheel i think. this is the sort of thing that'll get me racing again!!!
Steve
---
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SE1Z wrote:
thornz wrote:time to dust off the momo wheel i think. this is the sort of thing that'll get me racing again!!!
That's what we want to hear :nod:
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

captain patch will be expecting u to post a new thread or in here when this is released thanks :)
Hello :aussie:
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Will you take us to Mt Splashmore?
Is it out yet?
"We will not be releasing a sanitised or cut down version [of Alien vs. Predator] for territories where adults are not considered by their governments to be able to make their own entertainment choices." Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley
gasking

Post by gasking »

:yes: :yes:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Shaun wrote:captain patch will be expecting u to post a new thread or in here when this is released thanks :)
:rofl: Shaun, well you beat me to this announcement & I do have a reputation to uphold, hehehe!!

Will do my best but I think Cutter could beat us all if he so chooses. :rolleyes:
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

r8response wrote:There are always 2 sides to every coin Exar. But it seems you've already formed your opinion.
You're right, I've only heard one side of things - you're most welcome to PM me your side of things if you wish. I can only go off what I've been told. :tilt:

Back OT. I reckon I might do a back to back of all the FBMWs when this comes out. I haven't driven either rF or RACE07's ones for more than a few minutes so don't have many preconceived notions as to how the cars should handle. Just wish LFS could get at least one real track in there! I'm also looking forward to the AI enhancements - hopefully they'll be a lot faster? The not pitting thing isn't too much of a concern if you're just running short races but as it is they never get quick enough to make it really fun to race against.
J_luo88

Post by J_luo88 »

Cutter wrote:Slightly slower than the FOX, but a lot more um spritely.

by the way I think I smell next years first AAL series.
Oh yeah!!!! Count me in!!!