Soon available : Formula BMW FB02

LFS chat
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Found some more info:
The official racing car is the Formula BMW FB02 and weighs 455 kilograms. It is a single seater (monocoque) racing car powered by a 4-cylinder 140 bhp motorcycle engine taken from the K1200RS. It has a top speed of 230 km/h at more than 9,000 rpm and accelerates from standstill to 100 km/h in less than 4 seconds. The car measures 3.975 metres in length, 1.74 metres wide and 0.98 metres high.
http://www.bmweducation.co.uk/formulaBM ... -works.asp
Steve
---
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

check out the FB02 interior:

courtesy of the LFS Forum!
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Yeh, saw that over there. Interesting that the windshield texture has dirt on it.......
Also.. here's hoping the driver's hand moves off the wheel to change gear.

*edit**

has this pic been posted yet?

Steve
---
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

SE1Z wrote:Found some more info:
The official racing car is the Formula BMW FB02 and weighs 455 kilograms. It is a single seater (monocoque) racing car powered by a 4-cylinder 140 bhp motorcycle engine taken from the K1200RS. It has a top speed of 230 km/h at more than 9,000 rpm and accelerates from standstill to 100 km/h in less than 4 seconds. The car measures 3.975 metres in length, 1.74 metres wide and 0.98 metres high.
http://www.bmweducation.co.uk/formulaBM ... -works.asp
So does that mean no reverse gear?
It is a motorcycle engine like the MRT......
Dukester

Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Have to say, it's not the prettiest of open wheelers. Very slab sided and bulky monocoque with skinny tyres. Not much that LFS devs can about that though. :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

gees, can't please everyone I guess :rolleyes:

Like I said on another forum, forget about the new car it is the other things I can't wait for like clutch overheat & stalling etc.
Dukester

r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Exar Kun wrote:Have to say, it's not the prettiest of open wheelers. Very slab sided and bulky monocoque with skinny tyres. Not much that LFS devs can about that though. :tilt:
Fluffy Dice from the mirrors?
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Great news, can't wait to have a run in it :D
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Flinty72 wrote:gees, can't please everyone I guess :rolleyes:
Where was I critisizing the patch? I was just making a comment regarding the asthetics of the real car. I've already mentioned how much I'm looking forward to the AI being improved.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Exar Kun wrote:
Where was I critisizing the patch? I was just making a comment regarding the asthetics of the real car. I've already mentioned how much I'm looking forward to the AI being improved.
Never said that you were but why even post it given like you said there is nothing that can change the in-game look of a real car.
It just seems every time LFS takes a step in the right direction so many ppl find ways to criticise or knit pick something, no matter how trivial.
Dukester

Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Re: Soon available : Formula BMW FB02

Post by Gougoodthing »

Shaun wrote:The story behind the new car is that there is a new UK based company called V1 Championship whose aim is to discover a new racing driver through a series of tests resulting in a place in a team for the winning driver. V1 will be launched in 2008 and shown on TV in the UK. Live for Speed will be used as part of the selection process, before testing in real cars. V1 asked us to create a Formula BMW to make this test as realistic as possible. BMW Motorsport gave us permission to build the car in LFS, so we went ahead and built it.

The V1 car is owned by Fortec Motorsport where V1 is based. Thanks to V1 and Fortec, I was able to get a test day driving the Formula BMW and that helped a lot with the realism of the LFS version of the car.

I wonder what the financial side to this is. Did VI pay LFS $$ to include it in the game? Is it the other way round, LFS pay VI to use the car? And i wonder who paid for the test day etc? (Lucky bugger!)
schmickle

Post by schmickle »

Flinty72 wrote:
Exar Kun wrote:
Never said that you were but why even post it given like you said there is nothing that can change the in-game look of a real car.
It just seems every time LFS takes a step in the right direction so many ppl find ways to criticise or knit pick something, no matter how trivial.
I think Exars point is valid and i didn't actually perceive it to be negative?. Why is it every time someone offers feedback on LFS that doesn't involve high-fiving and backslapping, the LFS community jumps all over it?

The formula BMW is a great category of racing, i hope LFS does it justice.

*Awaits flurry of replies*
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

schmickle wrote:
Flinty72 wrote:
Exar Kun wrote: Where was I critisizing the patch? I was just making a comment regarding the asthetics of the real car. I've already mentioned how much I'm looking forward to the AI being improved.
I think Exars point is valid and i didn't actually perceive it to be negative?. Why is it every time someone offers feedback on LFS that doesn't involve high-fiving and backslapping, the LFS community jumps all over it?

An rFactor fan would say that ;) :eek: :p :D
Steve
---
schmickle

Post by schmickle »

SE1Z wrote:
schmickle wrote:
Flinty72 wrote: Never said that you were but why even post it given like you said there is nothing that can change the in-game look of a real car.

An rFactor fan would say that ;) :eek: :p :D
haha was waiting for that. I am actually a fan of both sims, and am realistic in that both have areas that need work in my opinion (i just prefer rF these days). I'd like to see LFS progress in some areas (new content for one!!!) so am awaiting the update with the rest of you.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Careful SE1Z, I can see Sterlo lurking around too, you have them both riled up :D

How are you fellas? ;)
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

schmickle wrote:
Flinty72 wrote:
Exar Kun wrote: Where was I critisizing the patch? I was just making a comment regarding the asthetics of the real car. I've already mentioned how much I'm looking forward to the AI being improved.

***Flinty adds fuel to the fire***

G'day Schmickle, So Exar tried to say he wasn't talking about LFS as in the patch per say but now you say it was offering feedback on LFS. So which is it??

All I see is statements of fear that LFS has adopted a real car used in other race sims :p
Dukester

SamC
Photographer, not artist.

Post by SamC »

WOOOO!!!!!!!! another open wheeler, YAAAAY!!! :D Bout fuckin time, only took 3000 years to update Blackwood and South City and add a new car, hooorayy!!! looks pretty awsome, LFSW is going to go nuts when its released, 5 billion uploads of the new car :D Should be sweet, bring it on :) Hopefully theres an Aussie or two to play on a server with now! :D
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Vilante 11 wrote:Careful SE1Z, I can see Sterlo lurking around too, you have them both riled up :D

How are you fellas? ;)
:wave2: Geeeezzzz....bloody hell................how did I get dragged into this? :D ........ These days I steer well clear of posting in anything that seems even remotely related to an 'LFS Self-Admiration/Appreciation Society' thread....... :lol:
richo

Post by richo »

It takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile, i think there's something for everyone in that..

And on that note i would have preferred personally a sports car , like a West type of thing but i,m stoked all the same to have new content period.

But i guess there's nothing to race against so all good, you could make some interesting races with the fast dudes in the bimmer and the slower guys IE:me in the Fox.

Cant wait!
[]D [] []v[] []D
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Sterling wrote:
Vilante 11 wrote:Careful SE1Z, I can see Sterlo lurking around too, you have them both riled up :D

How are you fellas? ;)
:wave2: Geeeezzzz....bloody hell................how did I get dragged into this? :D ........ These days I steer well clear of posting in anything that seems even remotely related to an 'LFS Self-Admiration/Appreciation Society' thread....... :lol:
:rofl: :yes:
Steve
---
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

hehe :D
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Feckin Awesome!
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

Anyone else notice the particularly 'lumpy' idle of the XFR @ 3min32 in the vid?
Steve
---
Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Post by Gougoodthing »

Push to pass buttons would be interesting!
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

NeilPearson wrote:mother fucker hell yes!
You said it lol :D

Not the sort of car I might've hoped for but it'll be a great addition to the game for sure. All the other stuff sounds great as well, particularly the clutch/engine stuff.