Soon available : Formula BMW FB02

LFS chat
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

I'm probably more excited about the clutch changes and track updates than I am a new car... but all extras are welcome!
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

yeah i woulda loved a new sedan, but hey, you can't knock any new car really.

I'm rather interested in the new "logical" Blackwood Layout, and also how south city will play now with added bits and pieces.. can't wait
wabbit

Post by wabbit »

kwijibo wrote:I'm probably more excited about the clutch changes and track updates than I am a new car... but all extras are welcome!
Same really, best of both worlds really... new car and and features that all cars now have.
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

Hz-Lab wrote:yeah i woulda loved a new sedan, but hey, you can't knock any new car really.

I'm rather interested in the new "logical" Blackwood Layout, and also how south city will play now with added bits and pieces.. can't wait
Reverse that....ssshhhh
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Scottie

Post by Scottie »

LFS is gonna get another injection of action around the world with this :P

It seems motorcycle engines are a feature of LFS Xmas patches... remember MRT?! :)
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Cutter wrote:
Hz-Lab wrote:yeah i woulda loved a new sedan, but hey, you can't knock any new car really.

Reverse that....ssshhhh
oh?
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

I LIVE!!!!!!!!!!
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Start holidays at the end of the week, looks like I will be able to join in when the patch comes out. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!♠
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

Yeah, this will be awesome timing ;)
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
iMAXIBON

Post by iMAXIBON »

well i just like to take this opportunity to thank you all for assembling here today to discuss how much LFS rulz over rfactor which is a stool. long may we get free stuff and not have any horrid texturing in the interface. it makes LFS's sliders relaxing to drag, whereas other, much less good and excellent sims, offer user-interface experiences which are somewhat like drowning in boiling vomit.

i apologize to those of you who are upset by this and advise you not ever to behold a console racing game, for you will surely perish.

what a constructive post i made!
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

:bow:
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

:rofl:
avaran

Post by avaran »

Hz-Lab wrote:
Cutter wrote:

Reverse that....ssshhhh
oh?
Damn these damned riddles! Is it an extra layout? Or are they just tweaking the current GP layout? Scawen mentioned the layout in the video, but it just sounded like changes to the current layout. :)
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

I'm rather interested in the new "logical" South City Layout, and also how Blackwood will play now with added bits and pieces.. can't wait

Something like that i would assume!
Peptis

Post by Peptis »

I'm liking the sounds of the new BL and SO layouts. The BL one is especially interesting with the harder chicane, especially in the reverse config (I already find it pretty hard to get right).

Check out the hands of the AI driver when it's driving. Fastest hands in the west :yikes:
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

avaran

Post by avaran »

Is it just me, or does there appear to be some sort of specular highlight on the track surface of that last blackwood pic?

Oh, and the dirt on the windscreen in the bmw, does that match up with the comments on dds textures allowing progressive dirt build up on textures? :D
Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Post by Gougoodthing »

In the vid the "preferred driving line" is used, is that available in the current LFS?
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Gougoodthing wrote:In the vid the "preferred driving line" is used, is that available in the current LFS?
No it's not. I'm not sure if that's actually a new feature or if it's a development tool of some kind.
avaran

Post by avaran »

I think that could be the ai's driving line. :)
Peptis

Post by Peptis »

There's a lot of (the usual idiotic) debate about the driving line on the official lfs forum. Nobody knows for sure what it is. However, there is a new string in one of the translation files that mentions something about a driving line option, so it could be a new feature.

It looks a lot like Kegetys' GhostCar mod, but that stopped working with the new InSim system.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I'm getting all excited now, South City's looking very interesting indeed :photo:
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Looks like time to get pressuring my mate for the new wheel part I need…….. or get some OT at work and buy a new one :)
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Yeah I've already seen a comment or two about how could LFS include such "arcade" options as a driving line. I think it's more than likely an AI thing but even if it were included as say an offline driving aid I don't see it as a problem at all, many sims in the past have used this and it's how I learned about driving lines back in the day.

Can't wait to try the updated south city :)
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

it's amazing what you can see when you turn off a lot of highend graphic enhancements....a distinct PATH "or line" soon appears...... ;)
balls & boobs. . .