TEST Patch X30 : Formula BMW / Track / Physics Updates

LFS chat
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

Quincy wrote:LFS is ahead of the rest already, the devs are in it for the long run.... strap yourselves in, and hang on!!!
Why do I need to hang on, my clutch is dead and I'm not moving... :lol:
"We will not be releasing a sanitised or cut down version [of Alien vs. Predator] for territories where adults are not considered by their governments to be able to make their own entertainment choices." Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

rich wrote:Stop baiting Sterling like that please!
:D

and......................
Quincy wrote:the MOST realistic driving simulator around
you forgot a word in there Q-man................ 'the MOST realistic ARCADE driving simulator around' :lol:
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Sterling wrote:rFactor is the MOST realistic ARCADE driving simulator around' :lol:
Geez what will your XGN bum buddys think of you now Sterls? :D
Crash Dummy
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Crash Dummy »

TassieDevil_Original wrote:
slow069 wrote:
Crash Dummy wrote:I don't know about everyone else but I'm 100% happy with LFS becomming the best driving simulation around even if it means driving away users because it's too hard. If it's too hard i know some games that they can take up instead. They have drag racing, circuit, drifting and none of the hard realistic stuff of LFS. Yeah to those that complain. Please buy Need For Speed Pro Street.
agreed

tassie are you goig through pms?
Fuck off, it's comments like you c**t* that just piss me off :no:
Take a chill pill mate. I'm entitled to MY opinion too. No need to get personal.
Never argue with a idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

I think everyone should chill out here or im gunna close this thread...

:nod:
eek
Chaz
Stig

Post by Chaz »

give me that bloody mod stick, im gonna snap it... :shake:
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......................................... Don't close it!!!!!!!!11111one
"We will not be releasing a sanitised or cut down version [of Alien vs. Predator] for territories where adults are not considered by their governments to be able to make their own entertainment choices." Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley
richo

Post by richo »

Damn Straight!

And Sterling may your chassis pivot at the center forever :)
[]D [] []v[] []D
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

The new on the block, it's...

PPSRT - Paddle Pop Stick Racing Team!!!!

:D
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

Astro +1

Pinger$ +1
SamC
Photographer, not artist.

Post by SamC »

I think the devs are also doin the wrong development, although I don't mind how LFS is now, doesnt really bother me(gear changing etc) but I think the fact that ALOT of people don't like is going to hurt LFS big time unless they fix it soon, I want it to be like the older days in S1 when you could jump on pretty much any weeknight and there would a bunch of aussies on throwin the TBOs around South City neck-a-neck. Was so much fun! Now its all so serious and mostly just leagues in which everyone hotlaps the shit out of a combo till we are all sick to death of it then has a 55893 lap race and thats it, needs to get back to the fun days when nothing really mattered and everyone just went on and had a thrash and a good laugh. :) Not that there is anything wrong with the leagues and things but I just wish LFS was like it used to be as far as jumping online and going for it with a bunch of us, I want it back to that.....with some rain.....somehow :D My 2 cents :)

Oh and Astr0 +1 :D
Chaz
Stig

Post by Chaz »

SamC + 55893
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Colonel Sanders + 11.2
TassieDevil_Original

Post by TassieDevil_Original »

Crash Dummy wrote:
TassieDevil_Original wrote:
slow069 wrote: agreed

tassie are you goig through pms?
Fuck off, it's comments like you c**t* that just piss me off :no:
Take a chill pill mate. I'm entitled to MY opinion too. No need to get personal.
Well who said it was aimed at you, did you mention my name...um no, but you must have been digging at MY opinion then if you feel so guilty. :D
Ap0c

Post by Ap0c »

I couldn't have worded it any better myself Sam.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

More fuel...

I noticed the game still has brake help... pfftt... so they take out Auto Blip on down shift but not brake help. Might as well bring back the steering assist for keyboard noobs if they keep that lame shit :D :D
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Well I think the clutch heat is a very important and valuable improvement to the game. For too long people have been able to drive all the cars as if they were formula cars with ultra quick shifts as well as downshifting in a totally unrealistic manner. This stripped the character away from the road cars as to be competitive you had to drive them in this unrealistic manner. I think any problems people are having with the clutch, even those using auto clutch are mainly just a matter of adaptating to a more realistic shifting method. It will definitely raise the difficulty for new players which is not such a good thing but in this case I believe it's a worthwhile tradeoff. However at some point they will need to seriously consider a way to vary the level of difficulty of the game so that it remains accessible to new players.
I do agree with a lot of Astros comments though, certain things which technically increase the realism really add very little to the game and in fact detract from the game. Things like fcv, removing the digital speedos and the look behind are examples of these and are concessions that in my opinion must be made due to the limitations of playing a sim on a home pc. In my opinion the devs should focus on the things that improve the realism of the game in a meaningful way like the engine inertia, gear shifting and clutch heat we've seen in the recent patch and leave things that are primarily concerned with how we each interface with the game to our discretion. In the end we are all playing the same physics engine which is the most important thing.
I also really hope they take the comments of the hypocrite fanbois that flood the LFS forum with a grain of salt. It's like they feel they need to protect the devs somehow and stamp out any comment which they themselves feel is negative, branding people whining arcade racers trying to distort the devs "vision". Your allowed to whine if it's about something "realistic" but heaven help you if it's about some "arcade" option. It's really quite frustrating reading posts there sometimes.
TassieDevil_Original

Post by TassieDevil_Original »

Sarsippius wrote:Well I think the clutch heat is a very important and valuable improvement to the game. For too long people have been able to drive all the cars as if they were formula cars with ultra quick shifts as well as downshifting in a totally unrealistic manner. This stripped the character away from the road cars as to be competitive you had to drive them in this unrealistic manner. I think any problems people are having with the clutch, even those using auto clutch are mainly just a matter of adaptating to a more realistic shifting method. It will definitely raise the difficulty for new players which is not such a good thing but in this case I believe it's a worthwhile tradeoff. However at some point they will need to seriously consider a way to vary the level of difficulty of the game so that it remains accessible to new players.
I do agree with a lot of Astros comments though, certain things which technically increase the realism really add very little to the game and in fact detract from the game. Things like fcv, removing the digital speedos and the look behind are examples of these and are concessions that in my opinion must be made due to the limitations of playing a sim on a home pc. In my opinion the devs should focus on the things that improve the realism of the game in a meaningful way like the engine inertia, gear shifting and clutch heat we've seen in the recent patch and leave things that are primarily concerned with how we each interface with the game to our discretion. In the end we are all playing the same physics engine which is the most important thing.
I also really hope they take the comments of the hypocrite fanbois that flood the LFS forum with a grain of salt. It's like they feel they need to protect the devs somehow and stamp out any comment which they themselves feel is negative, branding people whining arcade racers trying to distort the devs "vision". Your allowed to whine if it's about something "realistic" but heaven help you if it's about some "arcade" option. It's really quite frustrating reading posts there sometimes.
Well man I totally agree with you, just wish I was able to convey my points across in such a manner as to not cause hostilities, as you seem to have managed....Great write up mate.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Sarsippius wrote:Well I think the clutch heat is a very important and valuable improvement to the game. For too long people have been able to drive all the cars as if they were formula cars with ultra quick shifts as well as downshifting in a totally unrealistic manner. This stripped the character away from the road cars as to be competitive you had to drive them in this unrealistic manner. I think any problems people are having with the clutch, even those using auto clutch are mainly just a matter of adaptating to a more realistic shifting method. It will definitely raise the difficulty for new players which is not such a good thing but in this case I believe it's a worthwhile tradeoff. However at some point they will need to seriously consider a way to vary the level of difficulty of the game so that it remains accessible to new players.
I have to agree that over time ppl will learn and develop their own technique with how best to shift with the changes in the new patch. I say this cause I have had little trouble getting used to it as I have over the last 3 months (after purchasing a G25) forced myself to drive full manual, either H-Pattern or Seq Stick while resisting the trick (bug) of up-shifting early then flat shifting, keeping it as real as possible I guess, like the new patch is trying to achieve.
However I do feel for those ppl who don't have a clutch pedal & who don't want to have an unrealistic clutch button.

On the topic of user type settings I agree with Tassie, they should remain as a configurable item, then guys who want to be ultra real can set it up like so and conversely those who want to make it user friendly due to the constraints of it being a virtual simulation can set it up to their own liking making it fully customised.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

SamC wrote:I want it to be like the older days in S1 when you could jump on pretty much any weeknight and there would a bunch of aussies on throwin the TBOs around South City neck-a-neck. Was so much fun!
i often think that too! and said that when S2 came out :D sure S2 is more realistic, but i feel some of those old style battles are lost forever.. man they were intense.. neck and neck for entire endurance races :D

the way i see it, LFS should have a heck of a lot more server options. imagine having the server side option to turn off clutch heat, tyre wear, fuel and to a lesser extent, suspension damage and even body damage? most servers probably would leave them all enabled but wouldn't this choice be wonderful!
It's been nice, chaps.
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

Well thought out, well written. :yes:
This is a "difficult" time.
The balance between intense realism, immersion etc vs accessability or "playability" is really hard.
Remember these are only beta patches, your thoughts do not go unnoticed.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Scottie

Post by Scottie »

Big Brother seems to be watching!

nice thread boys!
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Test Patches X37 & X38 released overnight..
Scawen from LFS Forum wrote:Changes in TEST PATCH X38 :

FIXES :
InSim bind error on restart after auto update
Host reverted to 5 laps regardless of initialisation
AI could not park after race at Westhill or AS Cadet

Changes in TEST PATCH X37 :

AI :
AI drive more slowly to deal with damaged car
Improved decisions to make pit stop for damage repair
Improved AI speed and fuel estimates on rallycross tracks
Mid race join AI consider lead car laps for must pit rule
Improved pit stop box decisions to reduce pit lane mayhem
FIX : AI driving too fast into Oval / Westhill pit lanes
FIX : AI crashed entering Blackwood rallycross pit lane
FIX : AI could keep driving in pit stop state if knocked

Language :
Latvian translation completed and included
FIX : Codepage of rename and delete buttons in save dialog

Fern Bay :
Tyre stacks added to stop cutting Rallycross Green Turn 1

South City :
Graphical updates and fixes

AFTER X30 IS INSTALLED, update to X38 with the auto updater - just click Multiplayer... List of Hosts
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
richo

Post by richo »

I,m sick to death of all these Ban this and Ban that threads on the LFS forum atm.

Scawen makes some cockups but ffs he is the guy coding it and has a way better idea than most of the clowns over at the LFS froums.

Hey SCR guys you might want to check this out?

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=35556
[]D [] []v[] []D
Crash Dummy
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Crash Dummy »

I'll tell you what my biggest gripe is about using a realistic control system in LFS. There is no advantage. In fact it is more of a disadvantage when racing hard because there is much higher chance of making a cock up when shifting up and down gears and breaking stuff and it's no faster then if I were to left foot brake and use the sequential mode all of the time. Hence when I'm racing seriously in the past i've changed from the H pattern to sequential + auto clutch.

Should there be an advantage for using manual clutch and shifter ? I'm not sure but at this point in time I'm still seeing little point in using it for other than the realism and fun factor, Now with the ability to stall the cars there is an even bigger penalty for making a mistake that auto clutches don't need to worry about.
Never argue with a idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.