GT5 Prologue

All GT discussion
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

GustoAU wrote:
Coopz wrote:Am I the only one who has never found console race games interestings, I mean their fun enough as arcade racers but they never seem to offer much depth?
Played GT on PS2 a few times, lotsa cars, lotsa tracks but little realism...
Super Skidmarks on the Sega Mega Drive :yes:
Better than micro machines ;)

OMFG BEST GAME EVER I REMEMBER THAT SOMEONE QUICK FIND ME AN EMULATOR!!!!
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
TassieDevil_Original

Post by TassieDevil_Original »

plastik8 wrote:Shit the level C mission race is proving to be a pain... Can't get better than 4th.... DAMMIT!
Did ya get it yet mate, that's the one on Daytona isn't it, if so when your drafting the last lot of cars go to the inside
and drop a wheel onto the apron and you should get first, I managed to do it twice, but not when I tried to go around the outside.. :D
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Mr.Ferret wrote:
GustoAU wrote:
Coopz wrote:Am I the only one who has never found console race games interestings, I mean their fun enough as arcade racers but they never seem to offer much depth?
Played GT on PS2 a few times, lotsa cars, lotsa tracks but little realism...
Super Skidmarks on the Sega Mega Drive :yes:

Image Is teh Win
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

TassieDevil_Original wrote:
plastik8 wrote:Shit the level C mission race is proving to be a pain... Can't get better than 4th.... DAMMIT!
Did ya get it yet mate, that's the one on Daytona isn't it, if so when your drafting the last lot of cars go to the inside
and drop a wheel onto the apron and you should get first, I managed to do it twice, but not when I tried to go around the outside.. :D
Yep got it last night! Just gotta draft off as many people as you can. I tried many times cutting corners, bouncing off cars, everything, until I figured out that drafting is super quick! By the time you cross the line you are doing almost 260km/h in the integra!

What's your best car so far? I'm up to the B class, and my best car is the BMW M3. Can't wait for online racing. Pitty I'll be on holidays till 3rd of next year...
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
Rypien

Post by Rypien »

Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

r8response wrote:
Mr.Ferret wrote:
GustoAU wrote: Super Skidmarks on the Sega Mega Drive :yes:

Image Is teh Win
equally as brilliant
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

i used to play rock & roll racing and super skidmarks for days on end. I reckon Rock & Roll racing had it over skidmarks though purely for the soundtrack. woot!
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Hz-Lab wrote:i used to play rock & roll racing and super skidmarks for days on end. I reckon Rock & Roll racing had it over skidmarks though purely for the soundtrack. woot!
defiantly. Would still really love ta give skidmarks another go hint hint
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Come on guys lets keep this on topic!! :P

Thanks for the info there Rypien. Seems they took out the Nismo car which popped up in a few screenshots a month or three ago? If so, what a bummer.
TassieDevil_Original

plastik8 wrote:What's your best car so far? I'm up to the B class, and my best car is the BMW M3. Can't wait for online racing. Pitty I'll be on holidays till 3rd of next year...
The Audi R8 is my best so far, have the Lancer is it GSR '05 that is nice to drive too, but the R8 on Daytona with a good draft I can around 315Km/h somewhere there.

I am up to class A only done the first one Gran Turismo Allstars at Daytona. 2 mill for a win :nod:
Last edited by TassieDevil_Original on Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TassieDevil_Original

C-1: Any
C-2: Suzuki Cappuchino '95, Daihatsu Coven(?) Active top '02, Daihatsy OFC-1 '07
C-3: Suzuki swiftsports '07
C-4: Any
C-5: 147 TI 2.0 Alfa Romeo
C-6: Suzuki Cappuchino '95, Daihatsu Coven(?) Active top '02, Daihatsy OFC-1 '07
C-7: Any
C-8: Honda Integra Type R '04

B-1: Any
B-2: Honda Integra Type R '04, Atenza Sports '07, Volkswagen Golf GTI '01, 147 TI 2.0 Alfa Romeo, Suzuki Swiftsports '07
B-3: Audi TT 3.2 Quatro '07
B-4: Any
B-5: Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05
B-6: Honda Integra, Atenza Sports '07, Volkswagen Golf GTI '01, 147 TI 2.0 Alfa Romeo '06, Suzuki Swiftsports '07
B-7: Any
B-8: Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic '07

A-1: Any
A-2: Lexus IS F'07, Skyline GT-R Vspec II Nur '02, Nissan Fairlady Version 5 '07, Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06, Nissan Skyline Concept '07, Skyline 370GT TypeSP '07, Nissan GT-R Proto '05, Nissan GT-R '07, Honda Integra Type R '04, Acura NSX '91, Atenza Sports '07, Subaru Impreza WRX STI '07, Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05, Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P. '07, Suzuki Capuccino '95, Suzuki Swiftsports '07, Daihatsy Coven Activetop '02, Daihatsu OFC-1 '07
A-3: Skyline GT-R Bspec II Nur '02
A-4: Any
A-5: Acura NSX '91
A-6: Lexus IS F '07, Skyline GT-R Vspec II Nur '02, Nissan Fairlady Version S '07, Skyline Sedan 350GT TypeSP '06, Nissan Skyline Concept '07, Skyline 370GT TypeSP '07, Nissan GT-R Proto '05, Nissan GT-R '07, Honda Integra Type R '04, Acura NSX '91, Atenza Sports '07, Subaru Impreza WRX STI '07, Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05, Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P. '07, Suzuki Cappuccino '95, Suzuki Swiftsports '07, Daihatsy Coven Activetop '02, Daihatsu OFC-1 '07
A-7: Any
A-8: Nissan GT-R '07

Have you seen this very helpfull, it is from GTPlanet, and posted by a guy on there called Japspecvr6
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

and what is it telling us? besides cars and lisecnces?
TassieDevil_Original

NeilPearson wrote:and what is it telling us? besides cars and lisecnces?

Well it's not exactly telling what licenses rather just what car you will need to use on each stage, and you have to to all C before you can get B and so on, and because it is all in Japanese I thought it would make it easier for people to know what car the need to get enough money to buy for to do the next stage, I know it made it easier for me. So do ya have the game??
TassieDevil_Original

Anyone got the online update and played online yet?

I have had a few goes online so far, it's not too bad the lag seems pretty good, but I had a go on the Daytona track and that was laggy as buggery, dunno if it is just the track or not, I haven't had another go on there yet. The update has put a few extra options in the wheel settings, now instead of Mild or Strong in force feedback strength, it has a scale to 10.
Rypien

Post by Rypien »

I'm soo tempted to get myself a PS3. Its good to hear about the updates and the online play (if a little laggy). I'm going to try and wait until the full GT5, but its getting harder and harder i tell ya.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

having the same issue here rypien, way to tempting
Hello :aussie:
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

There's rumors going around that Polyphony Digital is going to implement a couple of different damage models in GT5:P and gather community feedback on which is more realistic
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

r8response wrote:There's rumors going around that Polyphony Digital is going to implement a couple of different damage models in GT5:P and gather community feedback on which is more realistic
Does anyone know any good GT forums? Most of the playstation forums are riddled with idiots, 100 times worse than the LFS forums... I guess alot of children have consoles...

Anyway, I'm away from home till the 3rd, I'd be very much interested in having an ARSE race then! How hard is it to meet up online or to set up private races?
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

TassieDevil_Original

plastik8 wrote:
r8response wrote:There's rumors going around that Polyphony Digital is going to implement a couple of different damage models in GT5:P and gather community feedback on which is more realistic
Does anyone know any good GT forums? Most of the playstation forums are riddled with idiots, 100 times worse than the LFS forums... I guess alot of children have consoles...

Anyway, I'm away from home till the 3rd, I'd be very much interested in having an ARSE race then! How hard is it to meet up online or to set up private races?
First off I second Dan's choice for GT fourm, Secondly it seems to be pretty hard to race against people you know, so far no private or friends invites available, and I have been online racing when I see others on my list playing it and haven't seem them once in a race.
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Thanks for that Dan, I'll check it out :yes:
TassieDevil_Original wrote:
plastik8 wrote:

First off I second Dan's choice for GT fourm, Secondly it seems to be pretty hard to race against people you know, so far no private or friends invites available, and I have been online racing when I see others on my list playing it and haven't seem them once in a race.

That's a bit of a bummer... So I'm guessing there isn't a server selection list either? Hopefully they will fix this up in a patch... or better yet sony will release in-game XMB with direct access to jump on your friend's server, regardless of the game.
Rypien

Post by Rypien »

While i've not played GT5:P, i'm still excited by the fact that Gran Turismo is now online.

I've found some youtube vids that some of you guys may find interesting.

The driving is bloody awful, but this vid does show that cars seem to become ghost-like after an accident which could prove an interesting factor in online racing-

It seems lag may well be a big issue with online GT. This vid shows some warping and such -

Even so, its bloddy good to see GT online! An old vid -

GT5:p shows me that GT is finally online. It also shows some flaws. But with the full version of GT5 to be a much improved version, i cant wait to get into some racing when the full game comes out :yes:
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Mr.Ferret wrote:defiantly. Would still really love ta give skidmarks another go hint hint
eat a shit load of vindaloo and scull a bottle of castor oil...

then chuck on a set of white undies....

then add some liquid laxative to a coffee and scull...

ensure you are wearing pants that are really difficult to undue in a hurry... now play the waiting game...

skidmarks on their way...
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

rofl...
Rypien

Post by Rypien »

Probably old news for most of you and i have not done any searches at this forum to see if its already been posted ...

I always knew that Logitech would bring out a GT5 specific wheel, but i am a little dissapointed that it was not a reworked G25 rather than a reworked DFPro. Ah well.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/20/logi ... n-turismo/

http://www.gtplanet.net/new-logitech-wheel-with-a-horn/

EDIT: already been here - http://arse.norbtech.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9381