Shaun

Re: GT5 Prologue

Post by Shaun »

dont forget the manufacturer events :p
Hello :aussie:
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Hah, I also started with a Focus... hope you didn't buy the orange one Righty... :P

Having a quick read through gtplanet and it seems that several of the tests in the japanese version of the game were "impossible" on professional difficulty. I've been driving so far with all aids off and professional mode. There have been a few of the challenges so far that have been bloody frustrating to say the least. Relying in pure cunning and dodgy racing to get by. Anyway I went back to test C-3 and swapped to standard mode and managed a 1:37.97 (1.03 seconds faster then gold :p). Certainly makes the challenges easier albeit a little hollow. Did some more testing and I noticed before on professional mode the Focus would under steer badly / spin the wheels under full lock and accel. Do the same thing under standard mode and it grips like glue! I would much rathered they did it like the Forza series where you get rewarded (more money) for driving with less aids. Theres really no incentive to drive without aids other then out of your own enjoyment. Especially when they design the game such that the "standard" mode is much faster then "professional" mode.

Only just started doing the class A challenges which are an entirely different kettle of fish with the 'penalty' system. FFS, I go wide on a corner go off the track and rejoin AS SOON AS I CAN and i get 5 seconds worth of "cutting the track". Freakin ridiculous!
Dan
Wobbly2.0

Post by Dan »

I started with the Integra Type R, only 27k and is very quick and nimble :)

I tried switching it to standard too, but felt the car dying in the corners... So I went back right away, maybe I'll give it another whirl just to get the time trials done :)
The Todd Norbury appreciation society
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Started with the Alfa Romeo, she's deadly in the corners. But leaves something to be desired on the straight. Especially when you see a Focus XR5 come barrelling around the outside
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Anyone hooked up to a g25
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

anyone know if Kmart still have that 20% off sale on all games goin lol changed my mind want it now caus its so cheap
iRacing Name - Joshua Brown2
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

nutty i run the g25, one thing i find strange is the steering lock, it seems the wheel is only useful for 300 or so degrees, but the ffb forces it to spin to full lock when u get sideways so u have alot of unnecessary turning in front of you when its not doing anything in the game
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Picked up mine today, now I just need to figure out how to convinse my roomates to setup the g25 in the loungeroom infront of the 46" tv :p
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

yeah i got it too. pretty got the new GTR already
kaotic_azn

Post by kaotic_azn »

nutty wrote:Anyone hooked up to a g25
i will be once i buy my copy tomorrow after pre ordering at DSE for them to tell me that they dont have it with them on the release date and i have to wait for a call from them. so now will have to cancel that and hopefully get my money back
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

kaotic_azn wrote:
i will be once i buy my copy tomorrow after pre ordering at DSE for them to tell me that they dont have it with them on the release date and i have to wait for a call from them. so now will have to cancel that and hopefully get my money back
I work at DSE... apparently we cant sell it till Monday which is shit...we actually got the stock in on Thursday i saw it.

And were ment to be becoming game heaven...lol

i actually bough mine from kmart caus of the 20% off sale lol
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

played it for about 6-7 hours today with a mate...

Started with RX8... cant wait to get in that F1 car...

R35 setups up nicely off throttle for a drift entry, but its hard to keep it pinned without tuning... Really disappointed that you can't tune the cars...
Hanging to get in that Blitz D1 car... and the Viper... omg! looks HAWT!
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

you can tune once you complete all the races in class A B C
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Shaun wrote:you can tune once you complete all the races in class A B C
Thank god i remember seeing it in all the vids and im like wtf were is it?! i wanna change my gear ratios damnnit!
kaotic_azn

Post by kaotic_azn »

Mr.Ferret wrote:
kaotic_azn wrote:
I work at DSE... apparently we cant sell it till Monday which is shit...we actually got the stock in on Thursday i saw it.

And were ment to be becoming game heaven...lol

i actually bough mine from kmart caus of the 20% off sale lol
...monday.....in stock already.....wtf????? gahh thats bs on behalf of DSE
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

Indeed...maybe it was different for other stores, i know we dont even have Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 in the bloody system.

If ya keep ya eyes open over the next couple of weeks we are becoming "game heaven" apparently... i only work as a casual and in a smaller store in a smaller town but i make the games my business lol... tho almost makes me wanna climb the ranks to set things right lol...
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Unlocked S class / tuning. Bah these S class races are a pain in the bum... My "tuned" GT-R just isn't cutting the mustard with these other cars. Not to mention the penalty system shits me to tears constantly.
Mr.Ferret

Post by Mr.Ferret »

hahah well i sold like 4 copy's of GT5P today and 2 G25s haha
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

I'm downloading the latest firmware now so hopefully i'll see you guys online tonight. Only had the chance to play it for a couple of hours. Just got myself an R35 and starting to do the A Class races.
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Ok - use tuned cars for tuned races! Don't bother trying to make the standard cars fast, they suck. Go buy the Elise111R for 100k and you wont be disappointed... Man these tuned cars are such a hoot to drive !!!

The online time trials are pretty crazy already. Still a good .4 off top spot after 2 hours of lapping :S Might be time to crank out the g25 :)
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Gizmo wrote:I'm downloading the latest firmware now so hopefully i'll see you guys online tonight.
Have they released the patch to allow meeting friends online yet??
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

no
kaotic_azn

Post by kaotic_azn »

wow got it today. cancelled my pre order/order from DSE, then went to JB who didnt have it in stock at all, then went to harvey norman who charged me RRP for it but i couldnt care as i just wanted to play the bloody game.
YnoT

Post by YnoT »

i got the game yesterday and had a few tries, and found out my old MOMO wheel works on this game hahaha, i thought it didn't work before but Ifound out that I didn't turn the power ON lol
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

You can just buy it from the Online playstation store too. It's a 1800mb download. Same price and the Disk version.