LFS chat
Crash Dummy
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Official Patch Y is out 3am 22/12/07

Post by Crash Dummy »

http://www.liveforspeed.net
Yep. Patch Y is out. :eek:
No fooling around this time. Seriously click the link. Don't think i'm trying to fool you.
Never argue with a idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

damn beat me to it
Crash Dummy
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Crash Dummy »

:lol:
Never argue with a idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

one button look is now user configurable :D (but if set to 90 and both left and right are pressed you don't look backwards anymore).. no more realistic reversing :(

I'm a bit shocked in the road cars the 60, 100, 140 etc numbers have been erased. The increased size is nice though, but it doesn't look normal :(

FZR on Blackwood feels sooo different to drive. :) Gotta time those shifts so much more.

Just got off a euro server with 30+ cars from all categories and crazy euro preteens. Framerate didn't drop noticeably at the starts much at all, although the cars were blocked up a fair bit despite all LOD settings set to full. It's strange to look in the mirror and see a bunch of coloured triangles getting closer.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

got the sms :) luv it!
wabz

Post by wabz »

Got a G25, how much more fun is proper manual!! yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Have updated browse for speed:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=35674
Browse For Speed - LFS server browser, friend finder, admin tool!
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I heard this was in discussion but didn't know it was a done deal but just in case you haven't heard yet here is what I am talking about or go to the main LFS website @ http://www.lfs.net
Online PB's have been reset (Mon, Dec 24th, 2007 01:00)
Hello licensed racers,

This is a short message notifying you that your online PB's have been reset.
This was done due to the changes brought along with patch Y. Cars are slower than in the previous versions of LFS, making it hard to improve your best laptimes.
This decision was made after a 2 day poll on our forum, where more than 75% of the voters agreed a reset was the best way to go forward.

To ease the transition though, your old PB's are still displayed on your online stats page at lfsworld. This page has been improved as well, to show more information about your laps.

LFS Team
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

very dissapointed with you captain patch. thats old news :P
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

NeilPearson wrote:very dissapointed with you captain patch. thats old news :P
I have slipped since I have been on holidays.
It amazes me no-one has mentioned it before now :?
Dukester

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Flinty72 wrote:
I noticed it when i was online when i did a lap in the XFG around South City and on my first lap the time poped up with "(new)" after the laptime. Thought it was a bit strange as ive done 100's of laps in that combo.

Its not the first time they have reset the times and it most probably wont be the last.
Its one of the main reasons why its not worth trying to hotlap all the combos as fast as possible like some do on lfsworld.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

KNAPPO wrote:
Flinty72 wrote:
I noticed it when i was online when i did a lap in the XFG around South City and on my first lap the time poped up with "(new)" after the laptime. Thought it was a bit strange as ive done 100's of laps in that combo.

Its not the first time they have reset the times and it most probably wont be the last.
Its one of the main reasons why its not worth trying to hotlap all the combos as fast as possible like some do on lfsworld.
Ah shit I didn't realise that all HL's have also gone. I know they have to be for the same reason but didn't twig (too much alcohol over the holiday's I suspect).
So does that mean we all have to do new ones for future AAL entries even though they still appear on the AAL website, if so then no more relying on old HL's :lol:
Dukester

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

This is the first time that all pb's have been reset as far as I'm aware, I still had pb's at South City from when I was strictly an RB4 driver during early S1 days before switching to the GTT ;)
Back then breaking 2mins around SO Long in the RB4 was a big achievement for me, ahh memories :lol:
Rypien

Post by Rypien »

G'day boys.

Happy New Year and all that :yes:

I've not played LFS in a while and comming back i see that there is a new patch. Should prove an interesting driving experience from what i've been reading in the forums. I dont mind my PB's being reset over at LFSW, but i dont like not being able to view all of my old replays. Is there an easy way to be able to view these obsolete replays?

Having had to revert to an old CRT 15inch monitor, and having my ole blue Driving Force wheel start to misfire, it seems like things are against me before i even venture onto the track with my newly handling LFS 'Y' cars.
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Sarsippius wrote:This is the first time that all pb's have been reset as far as I'm aware, I still had pb's at South City from when I was strictly an RB4 driver during early S1 days before switching to the GTT ;)
Back then breaking 2mins around SO Long in the RB4 was a big achievement for me, ahh memories :lol:
hahaha I remember those days as well, chaz managed a 56 in the fxo IIRC with scottie very close behind those So city long TBO battles were some of the best to watch!
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

I've installed patch Y, haven't played it yet though. Guess I just don't care for LFS anymore. Frankly I'm not looking forward to heal/toe with my dodgy Momo pedals... even my Vitara is better setup for Heal/Toe than Momo pedals.
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

Sambo wrote:
Sarsippius wrote:This is the first time that all pb's have been reset as far as I'm aware, I still had pb's at South City from when I was strictly an RB4 driver during early S1 days before switching to the GTT ;)
hahaha I remember those days as well, chaz managed a 56 in the fxo IIRC with scottie very close behind those So city long TBO battles were some of the best to watch!
mmm :yes:
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

:) nice races back then!
Chaz
Stig

Post by Chaz »

Wake me up when everything gets reverted back to patch X... :sadbanana:
VTRacing
Team Pedant (c)

Post by VTRacing »

Chaz wrote:Wake me up when everything gets reverted back to patch X... :sadbanana:
Ah, the Chazbot is going into suspended animation....

Otherwise known as standby.
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

Indeed, though the pain is that one of the SCR boys has to do it for him, because a computer cant push its own buttons....and last time we woke him up....well lets just say wall street was not happy at all.
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

and you can wake me up when we get back to S1 0.3H :D
It's been nice, chaps.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Takumi wrote:and you can wake me up when we get back to S1 0.3H :D
:rofl: :yes:

The good old days. When nearly every night there was a server full of racers either going around Fern Bay Green or South City Sprint (as it was known back then) :yes:
Latch

Post by Latch »

My S1 58.99 FXO @ Unofficial 1 is gone!!! :cry:
Monkeh!
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

Old PB's are still on LFS World, they are in grey :)

ROFL, I've got an 11:19.570 PB for the UF1 at SO Long Reverse archived

Edit: Are they PB's or old hotlaps in grey??
Peptis

Post by Peptis »

PBs are in grey. I have grey entries for tracks that I haven't hotlapped.

The new layout has more info, but I find it a bit harder to read. I think Victor needs one of our graphic gurus to teach him about negative space ;)