LFS with wiimote

LFS chat
Gusto

LFS with wiimote

Post by Gusto »

So I bought myself a bluetooth usb dongle thingy the other day. Thought I'd try controlling LFS with my Wiimote. Hey hey, it works :) :yes:

I can get 360 degree steering with button throttle and brake (basically same functionality as a mouse), or 180 degree steering with throttle and brake as shown in someone's youtube video.
Gougoodthing
Call me Nancy

Re: LFS with wiimote

Post by Gougoodthing »

GustoAU wrote:So I bought myself a bluetooth usb dongle thingy the other day. Thought I'd try controlling LFS with my Wiimote. Hey hey, it works :) :yes:

I can get 360 degree steering with button throttle and brake (basically same functionality as a mouse), or 180 degree steering with throttle and brake as shown in someone's youtube video.

Does the wiimote itself have blue tooth capability?

Is this easy to set up/tune in?
wild
Master artist
Master artist

Post by wild »

Gougoodthing wrote:Does the wiimote itself have blue tooth capability?

Is this easy to set up/tune in?
Yeah, the communication with the wii is all bluetooth.

I haven't done it myself, but as far as i know it's as easy as setting up the dongle, and pressing some buttons on the wiimote/pairing with the dongle.

Edit: yep, it's that simple: http://www.microugly.com/page/blogs/wiimote-your-pc/
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

All the very cool stuff you can do is here. Very impressive ideas.

Head Tracking for Desktop VR Displays using the Wii Remote
[youtube] [/youtube]

Multi-point Interactive Whiteboards Using the Wiimote
[youtube] [/youtube]

Tracking Your Fingers with the Wiimote
[youtube] [/youtube]

You need a bluetooth connection, BlueSoleil bluetooth driver (evaulation only has 5mb transfer, but is cheap to buy), GlovePIE (to script in what buttons/actions do), and PPjoy (to recognise analogue movements).

Now I need to get some LED's...
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

That guy is a legend. I wonder how much longer before his ideas start being used by a cash hungry company...
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
Gusto

Post by Gusto »

Haha, I've successfully made the nunchuck an analogue combined throttle and brake with shift up and down buttons as well. I tried having it separated but got too much throttle and brake at the same time when there should be nothing.

Basically, tilt the nunchuck forwards and it accelerates. tilt 90 degrees upwards and no throttle or brake. tilt backwards (towards you) and you brake. C button shift up, Z shift down.

Down shifting is really easy, as I've got this working on the gravity based y and z axis. This means that all you have to do to blip the throttle when braking and downshifting is to shake the whole nunchuck forward suddenly - instant throttle blip! The only downside that I don't know how to fix by scripting yet is that currently if you shake the nunchuck backward you get a brake blip...