FS: Xbox MODIFIED $140

Buying or Selling stuff? Here's the place to do it.
Forum rules
The admins take no responsibility for goods sold, bought or swapped on the forums. This forum is purely for making others aware that you have stuff to buy, sell or swap. Please make all transactions of money and goods via PM or email.

Sellers must have a reasonable number of posts on this board to advertise. If you register and advertise straight away then your post will be viewed as spam and removed. Please contact one of the admins, however, if you think your ad warrants special consideration.

Thanks.
Crash Dummy
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

FS: Xbox MODIFIED $140

Post by Crash Dummy »

*AS posted on another forum*
Just a quick expression of interest here guys.
Is anyone looking for a modified Xbox

I've got a 1st generation Xbox I'm looking to sell. I've got the bug to buy myself a Playstation 3.
I never really used my Xbox for playing games believe it or not but more as a media centre on my 46" telly. I haven't even been doing that lately so I thought I'd see if anyone would like to take it to a good home.

Some details are it's a Aussie release V1 Xbox modified with a Xenium mod chip which I installed personally and hard soldered to the motherboard so it can never come loose or screw up like the solderless mods can and do. This chip has room for multiple kernals and has it's own dedicated OS for configuring the Xbox if you wish to change anything. It's currently got the Retail Kernal, EvoX -A and excutioner. I default boot with Xcutioner.
I've corrected a power supply fault that ALL off the Xbox's up to if I recall correctly V4 have which is a bad solder joint on the 2 main pins in the PSU which can cause a fire. Microsoft instead of doing a recall sent out a special circuit breaker style power cord unit as that was cheaper then a recall. It's no longer an issue. I fixed mine.

Included in the package is.

* Microsoft Xbox Console
* 2x genuine controllers. 1 small 1 large
* XBox IR DVD Remote. Handy for using Xbox Media Center
* Original. Halo. Halo 2. Doom 3.
* 40GB Seagate Baracuda IV hard drive
* Setup with Slayer's EvoX dashboard which includes the ability to use the Xbox as a media centre, copy games to hard drive. Apply cheats etc etc. Does everything except wash the dishes.
* Original cables and after market component video cable

Connect this up to your home network and stream video from your PC and the Xbox becomes the central hub of your home entertainment system. Video's can also be played directly from the xbox hard drive.

Games are also easily backed up to prevent damage to original discs using tools available on the internet. The other way is to copy a game to the hard drive then FTP to the xbox and copy to your PC then burn the files to a DVD.

Pretty cool huh ?

Now you guys know who I am. I've told you the whole story here and I have a reputation to live up to. You will not be dissapointed.

I'm asking $140 firm plus postage

If you've got a Playstation 3 that you don't want (yeah right) I'll consider a swap plus cash adjustment.
I'll supply pictures on request. The flash is broken in my camera so shooting photos at night is out of the question

If you have any questions feel free to PM me. I don't bite unless provoked.
Crash Dummy
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Re: FS: Xbox MODIFIED $140

Post by Crash Dummy »

Price update
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Put a PS3 sticker on it and call SE1Z ?
eek
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

pixelboy wrote:Put a PS3 sticker on it and call SE1Z ?
:rofl:

too late, I ended up buying one :D
Steve
---