F1 sims

ISI's new sim rFactor
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

F1 sims

Post by DexterPunk »

Now since im posting in rF forum, i guess the responses might be slightly biased but thats kool..

so heres the deal, i havnt been simming for about a year now... and since im on holidays, got the urge to maybe plug my wheel and pedals back in and take an F1 car for a spin. trouble is, im somewhat out of the loop now, i cant remember/dont know whats around now. i bought rF ages ago, its no longer on my HDD, how do i find out what my logins, codes etc etc are to get it running? really cant remember. Is rF worth bothering with just for an F1 experience? last i seem to remember there was no real F1 mod for rF, at least nothing full blown like the RH mods for F1c anyway. So i leaning towards installing F1c again and finding the latest RH mod.. whats everyone thoughts? whats the low down on the latest F1 mods around and are they better? i dont mind driving V10 Ferrari's with schumachers name on the side :D cheers guys.
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Try here for everything mod/track related:- http://www.rfactorcentral.com/

Download the latest install(1255) of rFactor from rfactor.net, as long as you can remember and have your original email account that you purchased rFactor with you should be able to have an activation code sent to you. Install rF, a purchase screen will pop, from there you should see an already purchased link which will allow you to retrieve a lost or forgotten code to reactivate..
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

cheers sterling!

thanks for the info on getting rF back up and running. and yeah rfactorcentral is good. i guess i could have looked there for a new F1 mod, but i was also hoping for some personal oppinions of what is the best now, or perhaps still is the best. (before i go through the whole tedious process of installing rF again).
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Get LFS and use the BF1.. its far superior to anything else.

hehehe.. Stirling, pass me your flame suit...
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Hz-Lab wrote:Get LFS and use the BF1.. its far superior to anything else.

ha ha haaaa.........cheeky bugger. :D
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

Hz-Lab wrote:Get LFS and use the BF1.. its far superior to anything else.

haha nah i gave LFS a good crack when S2 came out, not really my thing.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

DexterPunk wrote:
well your avatar tells us you arent into arcade games anyway :tilt:

*hides behind Fast Company*
--------------
Stu
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

lol how you going Bauer? some familiar faces around this place.

got rF installed and just being playing around in the rtrainers and F3s before hitting the track with the BMW F1... ala Richard Hammond Top Gear style lol.. similarly i was rubbish... i think back to the days as AusORC doing 2 hour stints in enduros and wonder how i did it.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Bauer wrote:
DexterPunk wrote:

Peeks around FC's huge belly and says

"SIMBIN Fanboi!

:nod: :)
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Hazelb wrote:
Bauer wrote:
DexterPunk wrote:

"SIMBIN Fanboi!

:rolleyes: maybe just a little bit. More of a "Race07" is flavour of the month than Simbin is awesome as I never owned GTR2, GTL or Race.

Did I mention how good Race07 is? :D
--------------
Stu
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

If you're after an F1 mod for rFactor, two stand out in my eyes, FSOne and MMG.
There was a merger announced between the two not long ago but that fell through, the side effect being many FSOne staff are now MMG staff, leaving FSOne's future up in the air.

MMG's '07 mod is due to be released late January or early February and will include all car updates, all 17 tracks, equal server physics (server picks which car's physics will be used) and, if some of the screenshots I've seen are to be believed, 'helmet view' from the cockpit (and possibly a full pit crew rumoured to be animated :yes: ).
I also believe all tracks will come with a 'rain' version, nothing falling from the sky but wet surface, low grip and spray. ;)

I hope that helps DexterPunk and if you're looking for a year long F1 concurrent league, ATR will be running one (free of charge as always at ATR) throughout 2008.
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

Rfactor easily has the best formula one sims out there at the moment.

CTDP 2005 is arguably the best mod out there at the moment, but MMG are about to release there 2007 mod and CTDP 2006 is due out.

CTPD has brilliant, sound, graphics, handling etc, it is the leader of the fully completed mods and will blow you away. Lol i know sterling finds the engine noise a bit loud but i think its incredible.

From what i hear, and ive asked alot of questions about it Fsone is a bit of a poor cousin to it, still great but doesnt live up to CTDP.

LFS has a reasonable recreation but the sound is rubbish, its only one model of car and restricts you to the same old lfs tracks.

With rfactor you can get basically every f1 track on the calender.

Keep an eye out for MMG to release there mod and CTDP 2006 But CTDP 2005 is the one you should grab and its up the top of the hall of fame at rfactorcentral if you want to grab it from there.
Fast_Company

Re:

Post by Fast_Company »

Hazelb wrote:
Bauer wrote:
DexterPunk wrote:

"SIMBIN Fanboi!

:rofl: its good to see you pair haven't changed while I've been away, you'll be glad to know I'll be heading home around the end of the year, back to the land of milk n' honey and 3000 mile away from this dump!

rFactor, 79 mod, end of story
he who hesitates..... is lost