Thundercars are GO !!

GPL related chat
jarmel

Thundercars are GO !!

Post by jarmel »

Its been realesed . http://www.beepworld.de/members85/magic_colors/

also ya need to get the new gem and igor. http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=200429
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: Thundercars are GO !!

Post by Exar Kun »

jarmel wrote:Its been realesed . http://www.beepworld.de/members85/magic_colors/

also ya need to get the new gem and igor. http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=200429
Any idea if this GEM will work with XP SP2? I tried and tried to get the 65 install working after I did a clean install with SP2 but it just wouldn't work.
jarmel

Post by jarmel »

no idea mate . I'm still downloading it as i type . Plus i only have sp1 installed
hankstar

Post by hankstar »

I've got it working OK Mick. My SP2 issues seem to all be fixed - although it could be responsible for me not being able to run rFactor :(

... by the way these Thunderthings ROCK! 1.21.3 at Monza :yikes: Always knew I could break 1.27 with another 200 horses :D
TassieDevil

Post by TassieDevil »

unkle_hanky wrote:...My SP2 issues seem to all be fixed - although it could be responsible for me not being able to run rFactor :( ...
I'm on SP2, Hank. No probs with rFactor... hosting even worked well with the appropriate ports thru the router.

And no probs with the 65mod & iGOR here, Mick...
TassieDevil :yes:
Push to test... Release to detonate.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I'm on SP2 and never had any issues with GEM. Thundercars at Dundrod is fun. I just love the fact that I'm still lighting up the rears in turd gear at any track. I've also found that I can get all crossed up badly and still get the thing back into shape.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

I installed the TC mod yesterday, but how do i start it? I can't change my carset to TC in GEM as there is no TC option. When i choose the 67 season i'm now getting the TC graphics and sounds, but 67 physics. Any idea?
hankstar

Post by hankstar »

Can't recall Jase ..

by the way I reckon it was the McAfee AV messing with my GEM (making the PC restart when exiting GPL), as it doesn't do it anymore.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

I assume the TC option should be here, but isn't.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Fixed, just needed the latest GEM.
hankstar

Post by hankstar »

Dang it Wo0dy, when I saw that pic I was just about to say "dude that's not the latest GEM" .. then I saw your next post. Ah well. Happy thundering. God they're mad fun :nod:
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

They don't seem to want to agree with me when i hit the brakes though, they sure do like ploughing into walls at high speed if you brake where you normally do :nod:
hankstar

Post by hankstar »

Try 'em on the Monza 10k - those bumps on the banking are Death .. or you could always have a go around the Ring, that's a nice drive in the country ..
:shake:
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Might down it and have a look. I does mean reinstalling GPL though, such effort.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.