Sharing the passion

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
c.j
Midget Wanker

Sharing the passion

Post by c.j »

Hey,

Just thought I would share some pictures my grandfather just sent me tonight. He and a friend of his recreate the 1903 Burra - Morgan rally every 2 years. Its not a big event, 85kms each way however its generates some interest and he wanted to update on the vehicles he and his buddy have been working on. Its even got my nan excited, as this year she gets to hop in an MG Y type. She used to own one herself when she was in her 20's.

This is something that has been in my family for a long time now, my Pa used to rally way back when, my dad was a mad keen karter and I went from training wheels to motorcycles as quick as my dad would let me.

I have bigger versions of these pics, just for here I thought I would share them smaller.

My grandparents in the top pic, the topless Alvis 1930 12/60 is the car his mate is driving and the bottom pic is a 1903 4 cyl Renault that his mate restored. I watched this project unfold after a long period, and to see it finished is quite amazing. There was a lot of work involved, all by hand. His mate is Roger Cross, the organiser of the event, so any questions etc you can find his contact details on the url below.

I hope you enjoy, I have asked for more pics from this years rally which is being held on the 9th/10th October. More detail can be found here if you are interested.
http://www.murrayriver.com.au/event/265 ... age-drive/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Robbo

Re: Sharing the passion

Post by Robbo »

Mate ... fantastic pics and good on them for their passion!!!
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

Cutter wipes a tear away at pic #2, that is beautifull.
Found my next wallpaper.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Done the Burra Morgan drive a few times myself and there are some cracking good roads there if I remember correctly so its a great setting and those are some great photos!
XLV SPORT
DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

excellent!

thanks for sharing. :yes:
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Cutter wrote:Cutter wipes a tear away at pic #2, that is beautifull.
Found my next wallpaper.
I'll post a bigger version for you Cutter.

I wont post it as an image, its way too big.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ ... lvis-1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
mrleisure

Post by mrleisure »

WOW... beautiful cars there c.j , great to see yor grandparents still active and enjoying their motoring :) :yes:
"There is a grey blur and green blur . I try to stay on the grey one...." Joey Dunlop IoM TT Legend

"You work for the line.. you own the line .. you defend that hard fought line." Steer
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

For the SA guys, it's the bay to birdwood this weekend. Worth going to take a look.