Prize Winning ARSE

Dont have minecraft?

Post by NeilPearson »

Nows the time to get it!!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DarrenM

Re: Dont have minecraft?

Post by DarrenM »

http://armorgames.com/play/12198/scuba" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Bought it yesterday. Played for an hour or 2 and died about 5 times. Started a new world and there were a lot more trees so I was able to get enough resources together to build a door.

Now I need to figure out how to make a light becuase having to wait through the night and not being able to switch to my browser while I wait is already getting on my tits. Does the browser version pause the game if it loses focus?
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

once you make a bed you can sleep through the night, to make a light you have to first build a wooden pickaxe, collect some stone (8 pieces) then craft them on the table around the outside with 1 space in the middle and make a furnace. Then you put wooden planks down the bottom and wood on the top i believe to make charcoal, craft charcoal on the top of a stick to make torches. Hope that helps
edit: to make a bed you craft 3 wool on top of 3 wooden planks on the bottom 2 bits of the craft table
Hello :aussie:
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Anyone wanna go halves?
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Ah, I thought I'd be able to make charcoal on the furnace but couldn't find the combo. Did make an iron pickaxe and some tasty porkshops though.

I found if I go to the crafting screen I can move the mouse away without it pausing. Now to find another unit of wool for a bed.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Darren - if you cooked pork, and didnt know how to make charcoal, you found coal I assume. All you needed to do was stick coal on top of a stick. :up:

You should check out the server too. I enjoy wandering around looking at what others have done. Plenty to look at atm.
--------------
Stu
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Pork on top and wood/plank underneath iirc.

That's about all I found though, after getting though about 20 stone picks and 2 iron ones. Stone, coal, flint, sandstone and about 3 bits of iron ore. Killed 5 cows, got 1 piece of leather.

The "craft" aspect seems to have disappeared from single player mode pretty quickly :(
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

if you put wood (not a wooden plank) on top and then a wooden plank on the bottom that will create charcoal.

you havent found much though ;)

On Multiplayer, you can tab away and the game wont pause which is nice.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

This is fucking retarded. Explosive creep blew up my original cave, so I thought I'd build a house.

Turns out they have to be small or creeps spawn inside them when you sleep, even though what I build was smaller than the cave I had. So I built one that only fit the bed, crafting table etc and put torches on all the walls. Same shit. So I built a room that only fit the bed and when I tried to sleep I awoke in the middle of the wall and died :rolleyes:

2 more hours digging big holes in the ground, still haven't found anything useful. Did find a cave that went really deep but still didn't find any other materials. But if I wanted to build stuff out of dirt, sand and cobblestone I'd be in heaven.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Creeps and other monsters will spawn if you don't have enough light inside. Just light the area up well with torches. Incidentally this works outside as well :)

To find "useful" stuff, dig deep. It's there, but you need a bit of luck. Or explore caves, sometimes surprising amount of stuff can be found. The drawback is the monsters in unlit caves...and getting lost, falling into pits, etc.

But yeah, the crafting aspect goes out the window pretty quick - maybe try the "better than wolves" mod, it has heaps more to craft and work for, for quite a while. More interesting, too, harnessing mechanical power :)
Oh and of course once you find redstone, building circuitry can be fun :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Turns out the problem with my bed was the roof wasn't high enough. When you wake up you spawn on top of it. My sleeping room is now a 3x4 room with the bed in the middle surrounded by torches. Seems to work :)

I've dug down and hit bedrock in 3 different places. Still only found 9 pieces of iron ore.
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

The best way is to dig to level 12/13 and branch mine. To see what level you are on press "F3" which brings up your X,Y,Z coordinates.

I branch mine every 3 blocks for a length of 80 blocks with the tunnel being 3 blocks high. I have found a heap of diamonds and other shit doing that.

Have you played it online? You should check out some of our mines and see what we do to get an idea on how to find stuff.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I'm getting the hang of it now. I've been branch mining 2 blocks high. but I'll try 3. Finding more ore, though I've only found 4 diamonds so far. Built a gate to the nether but haven't been through it yet because it was 11:30pm.

Wasted 30 mins dicking about trying to figure out powered mine carts only to find they're broken. I put powered rails down and have that working now, so I can get in and out of my mine nice and quickly.

Hopefully I'll have this stuff all figured out by the time 1.8 is released then I'll join in on the multiplayer server. I've been on there a few times and looked around but kept dying every time I went off to find an unused bit of land. I thought you would have a rail system to get between each others areas, or do you use some other method?
Rots
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Post by Rots »

There is a rail system. In the centre of town near the Cro's glass house is the main subway station. There is also a rail line out the front of norb's cave in town.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

lesson learned; we could use a rail station right at the spawn point next time...
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Lesson learned: don't play with water near the opening to your mine shaft with powered rail.

Playing with mass farming, pistons etc while I wait for 1.8. The water flowed all the way to bedrock and I only got 3 bits of rail back. Oops.
NeilPearson
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by NeilPearson »

You should get it all bsck,water doesnt destroy them. The water probably pushed them someehere where you couldnt find them
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I followed the water down and that was all I could find. No branches off it until the bottom so no idea where it all went.

I hadn't changed a lot since I copied my saves to another machine so I just went back to that version. Bit annoying though :)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Yeah things get destroyed by water sometimes. Even if they shouldn't