******Spoiler****** World Superbike round from Imola

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

Dr. Pain

******Spoiler****** World Superbike round from Imola

Post by Dr. Pain »

The below is taken, stolen, flogged, nicked, borrowed from http://www.worldsbk.com

CORSER SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPION

CORSER CROWNED CHAMPION AFTER SECOND RACE CANCELLATION Troy Corser (Alstare Corona Extra Suzuki) took his second World Champion in peculiar circumstances, after the second race at the Imola circuit was cancelled before it had started, due to torrential rain. Chris Vermeulen (Winston Ten Kate Honda), the only man who had an arithmetical chance of stopping Corser’s surge to the crown, won the first 21 lap race, but with Corser second it was always going to be an uphill battle to secure the overall championship even if race two had gone ahead. After a long delay to allow the weather to improve enough to let racing start, Race Direction eventually called of the event to a reluctant halt. Corser is now an unassailable 55 points ahead of Vermeulen, 409 to 354.

Well done to Troy. It's good to see him back at his best. The worst thing he ever did was go to that Foggy 3 cylinder piece of shit. However I'm shocked at Chris Vermeulen this year. Yeah he finished second last year but seemed to be no where early in the year and now made a great charge for the championship. Sure hope he gets that Camel Honda ride in MotoGP at the Island.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

good weekend for aussies, Corser, Stoner and Atko. Lucky Webber wasn't racing :D
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Yep Troy has always been good. But he likes the bike to be perfect, which has always been a bit of his achilese heel (not that its a bad thing mind you). I am glad to see him get this championship. He really did desive it. Chris Vanmullan is a star. He will be a world champion at some stage, and I think (unlike troy bayliss) he has the 'finess' to ride MotoGP. For all of Bayliss's ballsy riding. its not smooth. Vanmullans is style is very smooth, and I think he will do well in MotoGP. He certainly has the ear of Honda at the moment. I will be very interested to see how he goes at the Island. I think he might supprise a few people.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Vanmullen? easier to spell lol...

wheelbarrow with a V....

Chris has got the ride at the island according to Greg Rust... Should be a good introduction to motogp for him... and great viewing for us...
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
macca
Founder
Founder

Post by macca »

ORt Sin wrote:Vanmullen? easier to spell lol...

wheelbarrow with a V....

Chris has got the ride at the island according to Greg Rust... Should be a good introduction to motogp for him... and great viewing for us...

lol, that's the closest spelling so far I think :D yep, will be great to see how he goes at the Island, I was all set to go this year but just too close to the school hols, maybe next year.
I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zedmacca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Vanmullen is what Gobert does after the race.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

HA HA

[EDIT] Ronald ten Kate coments on cancelation of the second race, and uses some choice wording :)

Code: Select all

Ronald ten Kate – team manager:
“It’s a very strange and disappointing way to lose the championship, after Chris had won the first race today and three of the previous four races. We respect the decision of race control because, at the end of the day, the safety of riders is more important than any championship. On the other hand, we’re very sad to see Chris’s chance of winning the title going down the drain like this. Once again, Imola has been our Waterloo but we’ll hope for some dry conditions next weekend in Magny-Cours, when we hope we can show our true potential again. For now, we send our congratulations to Troy and his Corona squad. I’m quite sure they would have liked the title to be decided on the track today but it’s just one of those things.” 
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Good to hear, always liked Corser but then that could just be cause he was the champ when I first started seeing sbk races. Glad to hear Vermeulen has also had a good year, last I had Austar was near the end of the last sbk season and he was racing really well, hope he does well at Philip Island. What about that other aussie guy with the Ten Kate team? Muggeridge I think it was, from memory this was his first year in sbk.
The bikes are the one thing I really miss not having Austar anymore :(