Chris Harris - 962C and Norbert Singer interview

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: Chris Harris - 962C and Norbert Singer interview

Post by Exar Kun »

I thought from a video point of view, it wasn't actually one of Monkey's best. The subject matter was superb but I think Chris may have been just a little too in awe of everything (understandable). Still a fantastic watch though.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
wobblysauce
Seen it, Done it, Invented it!

Post by wobblysauce »

To get a call to come drive that car would put you into shock also.
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

It was the V12 turbo they went back to wasn't it?
Some play it safe on the merry-go-round, others go for the thrills of the roller-coaster.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I have a joke for you. I have a prediction that you are going to walk into a bar, my prediction was wrong and your wallet is gone.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

avro707c wrote: Not mentioned by either if them in the video was another 956C which was V6 1.5L powered! No, not a typo, really a V6 with two turbos. Niki Lauda tested that car and reckoned the acceleration was like being "hit in the back with a bomb".
Was that the TAG-Porsche F1 engine?
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
wobblysauce

Post by wobblysauce »

Yes, McLaren made a good choice with that engine.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ vs ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Jiminee

Post by Jiminee »

Exar Kun wrote:
avro707c wrote: Not mentioned by either if them in the video was another 956C which was V6 1.5L powered! No, not a typo, really a V6 with two turbos. Niki Lauda tested that car and reckoned the acceleration was like being "hit in the back with a bomb".
Was that the TAG-Porsche F1 engine?
Would have to be, surely.

I love the section in Unfair Advantage where Mark Donohue is trying to explain the lag problem to the Porsche engineers, who just could not understand why a racing engine needed to work below 5,000rpm!
XLV SPORT