BRZ #167

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
ReppohC

BRZ #167

Post by ReppohC »

I've been following these cars for quite a while now as a replacement for the WRX. As soon as pricing was announced I put a deposit on a Toyota GTS in early June, but after getting stuffed about with delivery dates I put a second deposit on a BRZ on the 16th of July, which just happened to be my birthday. Cancelled the GTS order and fast forward a few months to now - #167 BRZ is mine (167 - 16/7??)!

But not without some issues... Picked up the car on the 10th of October, everything looked sweet! Drove off and managed to get 4 km up the road before it started idling a little rough. I wasn't surprised as this problem is pretty common all over the brz/86 forums, I figured it would sort itself out. Got another 3 km up the road (just about home from the dealer!) and the CEL started flashing at me. Fuck. 15km on the car. :fall: Ended up having the car for all of 30 minutes... Called the dealer who ended up asking me to drop the car off. Subaru Australia took it all very seriously and were aware of this issue in the global market. I am / was the first BRZ owner in Australia to report the issue (yay? :rolleyes:). After 2 weeks in the workshop they ended up pulling out the ECM and sending it interstate to be flashed and then re-installed in my car. Seems to have fixed the problem (seems like a bandaid software solution to a mechanical problem but whatever). As a measure of goodwill they are sending me a rear diffuser and carpet mat set, so at least I get a little compensation for a pretty shit situation.

Got the car back today and actually had a decent drive! Already racking up the kms!!! So much fun to drive, can't wait to start using a bit more of the revs! Already been eye'ing off some turbo kits from the US - although after my little issue I might hold off for a few months at least ;)

tl;dr I got BRZ!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pinger$

Re: BRZ #167

Post by Pinger$ »

Looks awesome - lucky bastard! :D
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Noice Reppohc, enjoy
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Sweet ride mate ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
--------------
Stu
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

Looks fantastic man! Congratz :)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Nice mate! It's in the right colour too. Did you option it up to GTS spec with the nav and seats?
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

nice car indeed.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
macca
Founder
Founder

Post by macca »

Very noice, have fun :yes:
I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zedmacca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

What does the diffuser they're giving you look like?
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

The big question, on Stu's 86 various things were 86mm, so what's 167mm on yours....
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard