Cracked windscreen - repaired but now has become worse

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
plastik8

Cracked windscreen - repaired but now has become worse

Post by plastik8 »

Hi Guys

After a bit of advise / suggestions. A few months ago I had a small chip in my windscreen "filled in" at an auto glass company on Main North Rd (with a Koala for a logo). At the time there were a couple of little cracks emanating from the chip, but they were small enough to be able to be filled in with resin. So I paid $75 and that was that. The cracks were still visible but definitely looked like different from before it was filled in.

A couple months down the road and one of the little cracks has grown to be quite large, now a good few inches. I was told at the time of the repair that there is 12 months warranty. I assume such an issue would be covered by warranty? I haven't done anything wrong that I am aware of. I am also pretty sure the crack is connected to the original crack (I'll double check), and it is not a new chip etc.

Assuming I get my $75 back, I was thinking of putting it towards a new windscreen, from the same mob. They quoted $190 installed, which is way cheaper than anywhere else, but I'm a bit worried about quality now that their first job was so rubbish. But, it's the cheapest by far. Would they use similar glass to other places? How can they be so much cheaper?

And no I do not have windscreen cover in my insurance package, and excess is $400.

So, in summary, really 2 questions: 1) Do you think the crack will be covered under warranty and 2) should I stick with the same place, considering they are dirt cheap?

Thanks for the help :yes:
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: Cracked windscreen - repaired but now has become worse

Post by r8response »

plastik8 wrote:1) Do you think the crack will be covered under warranty
It certainly should be. But if it isn't, I'd be demanding my money back.
plastik8 wrote:2) should I stick with the same place, considering they are dirt cheap?
I'd be going elsewhere. They've shown their workmanship isn't up to scratch.
plastik8

Re: Cracked windscreen - repaired but now has become worse

Post by plastik8 »

Thanks r8response, will call them today see how it goes.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]