Race 1 - BMW M3 E30 Group A DTM @ Mugello Discussion

Racing league forum for all different games.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: Race 1 - BMW M3 E30 Group A DTM @ Mugello Discussion

Post by norbs »

richo wrote:Thought I would have a bit of a nap at 7.30pm and woke up at 3.05am... sorry for the no show guys . Feel like an old fart.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Dont feel bad Richo. Some days I am running on 3 hours sleep (damn cycling in Europe).

I went to bad at 7:45 last night and got woken up by a SMS from Pix. Somehow I put it on pole whilst still half asleep. :)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Great fun last night! Its been years since I raced online.. I didn't really get into iRacing as I just didn't enjoy racing against randoms.. much preferred the AAL style racing with people I know.

So had two cracker races finishing 2nd both times, that car is a handful, I struggled all race to be quick without heating the tires up and making it a handful

Anyway, two great races some good wheel to wheel battles with basically everyone.. all clean bar a little incident on the last turn in race 2, but other than that saw some great up and under moves.. looking forward to the next race
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

nutty wrote:Great fun last night! Its been years since I raced online.. I didn't really get into iRacing as I just didn't enjoy racing against randoms.. much preferred the AAL style racing with people I know.

So had two cracker races finishing 2nd both times, that car is a handful, I struggled all race to be quick without heating the tires up and making it a handful

Anyway, two great races some good wheel to wheel battles with basically everyone.. all clean bar a little incident on the last turn in race 2, but other than that saw some great up and under moves.. looking forward to the next race
You were like a fucking enema last night Nutty. :D
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

tbh I only enjoyed the first lap of each race, the rest of it was too bloody frustrating for me.
But that isn't a reflection on the AACL or the guys I raced but rather that combo or car just wasn't for me.
Hence the frustration as I'm unsure if it is the sim &/or my stubborn inner-self competitiveness (thinking I could do much better in-myself) or probably & most likely just my complete lack of ability.
Sorry nutty for that Race 2 Lap 1 last turn cock-up, I have struggled under brakes with this thing since the get go & that was just another in the many I had. :(
As for my race 2 race time, I waited on the straight for r8 to finish then crossed the finish line to complete only 9 laps before warping to the pits. ;)

On the whole it's great to be able to race online with AC but adding to the frustration is the many bugs & idiosyncrasies of the AC MP system;
1. Pre-Booking = no custom skins (AACL Admin, Pix looking at workaround)
2. Practice & Qual Sessions end at 0:00, doesn't let anyone finish their laps. ;(
3. Chat is clunky, can't bind keys to messages & disappears when in the set-up page.
4. Race session starts straight after Qual & only gives 20sec's to load a race set... r8 what happened to you on the start of Race 1?
5. No pit-stops in race, can go to pits then warp into setup screen but then resets your lap count iirc.
5. Race results wrong for all but last finisher.
6. Can't save replays
7. Having to leave the server between races then go through another Practice session.
I'm sure in time Kunos will get most of these sorted but for now they add to the whole frustration...

Sorry if this seems negative but I needed to say it...
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Flinty72 wrote:...
On the whole it's great to be able to race online with AC but adding to the frustration is the many bugs & idiosyncrasies of the AC MP system;
2. Practice & Qual Sessions end at 0:00, doesn't let anyone finish their laps. ;(
3. Chat is clunky, can't bind keys to messages & disappears when in the set-up page.
4. Race session starts straight after Qual & only gives 20sec's to load a race set... r8 what happened to you on the start of Race 1?
5. No pit-stops in race, can go to pits then warp into setup screen but then resets your lap count iirc.
6. Can't save replays
7. Having to leave the server between races then go through another Practice session.
I'm sure in time Kunos will get most of these sorted but for now they add to the whole frustration...

It's alpha. Yes it's buggy and things are missing, but it's alpha. It means "functionally incomplete".

as to your #3: this is exactly why I try to lure ppl on TS - much easier to communicate that way what's happening, advice, etc...
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Flinty72 wrote: 4. Race session starts straight after Qual & only gives 20sec's to load a race set... r8 what happened to you on the start of Race 1?

Exactly as you say for #4. I went and took a piss thinking i'd have a minute or two before the race started. Sat down and you were all at turn 1 before I'd even put my headset back on :rofl: Drove the absolute living piss out of the BMW to catch back up.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

ysu wrote:
Flinty72 wrote:...
6. Can't save replays

It's alpha. Yes it's buggy and things are missing, but it's alpha. It means "functionally incomplete".

as to your #3: this is exactly why I try to lure ppl on TS - much easier to communicate that way what's happening, advice, etc...
Yep don't get me wrong I'm wrapped in AC & how it's progressing. In no way do I think it & Kunos owe me anything... I'm getting more than my money spent in enjoyment from it so far.
I just think most of those things detracts from online "organised / league" racing right now. ;)
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

r8response wrote:
Flinty72 wrote: 4. Race session starts straight after Qual & only gives 20sec's to load a race set... r8 what happened to you on the start of Race 1?

Exactly as you say for #4. I went and took a piss thinking i'd have a minute or two before the race started. Sat down and you were all at turn 1 before I'd even put my headset back on :rofl: Drove the absolute living piss out of the BMW to catch back up.
I thought so, damn you had some pace last night... Impressive!!!
Dukester

r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Flinty72 wrote:I thought so, damn you had some pace last night... Impressive!!!
I did say on TS last night I should have been in the top split. I just didn't have enough spare time to put in a decent session for pre-qualifying
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

r8response wrote:
I did say on TS last night I should have been in the top split. I just didn't have enough spare time to put in a decent session for pre-qualifying
No issue with me mate but I suspected you were waiting a bit in Race 2 to stop from getting bored up the road?
Dukester

dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

One thing about running on Saturday is that I learnt about the short turn around in the sessions so last night I came into the pit before the end of the session, got my race setup load, did some other bits and was ready for the 20s countdown

Should be fantastic once all those things you listed Flinty are sorted, would LOVE to watch the replays of the races last night.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Flinty72 wrote:Sorry nutty for that Race 2 Lap 1 last turn cock-up, I have struggled under brakes with this thing since the get go & that was just another in the many I had. :(
Now I know who it was, I had to thread the needle through there. Looked like the same thing I did to Pix in Race 1
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

I can adjust the time between qual and the race.. It's a trade off between enough time to get ready and getting bored :-)
eek
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Flinty72 wrote:
r8response wrote:
No issue with me mate but I suspected you were waiting a bit in Race 2 to stop from getting bored up the road?

Somewhat in the second race for the first couple of laps I was off the throttle quite early for a lot of the corners.

It was probably down to a few people who are around my pace not showing up for various reasons.
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Bugger totally forgot about the race last night. Looks like some pretty close racing!