Mt Panorama Extension

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

pixelboy

Mt Panorama Extension

Post by pixelboy »

Looks like this might be happening!

It was a jubilant Bathurst MP Paul Toole yesterday following the announcement the state government would commit $5 million towards the construction of a second circuit at Mount Panorama.

http://www.westernadvocate.com.au/story ... it/?cs=115" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://mtrack.net.au/projects/mount-pan ... t-concept/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eek
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Re: Mt Panorama Extension

Post by nutty »

Cool idea.. now lets build a decent circuit in Queensland.. thanks!
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

nutty wrote:Cool idea.. now lets build a decent circuit in Queensland.. thanks!
Preferably between Brisbane and Townsville!
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Fuck that I want one on the central coast! :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

OK is it just me but why??? Is this an attempt by NSW to eventually try & steal the F1's???

Good Luck!!!
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Flinty72 wrote:OK is it just me but why???

i agree, i don't understand the need for it.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

w00dsy wrote:
Flinty72 wrote:OK is it just me but why???

i agree, i don't understand the need for it.
Im the same. I am quite the traditionalist.

There was some talk here about extending Symmons. Why? It is what it is and so it Bathurst
--------------
Stu
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Those layouts leave out the best bit...
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

The answer to why is simple. So it can be used all year round. However I don't see how it avoids having to close the road's to the properties around the mountain. I assume there is other roads that can be used. But if the track cannot be used all year round, then this is a waste of money.

Currently I believe the whole track can only be closed for 5 weekends a year, with 4 I believe being permanently filled. Assuming that can't change, you can use this track for one weekend a year? The idea of attracting Indycar (unlikely) or bikes (very unlikely) isn't worth it
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Flinty72 wrote:OK is it just me but why??? Is this an attempt by NSW to eventually try & steal the F1's???

Good Luck!!!
It would be piss funny if that did happen. The biggest cheer would come from Adelaide. :)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

I think it's a brilliant Idea. It'd be great to have another permanent circuit in Aus, and Bathurst could easily become a Motorsport capitol for us.

Sure there's other places that can be improved, but Bathurst is the biggest name in Oz really.

I'd like to see it done if they can get the right layout that suits everyone... plenty of land available.
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

Scottie wrote:I think it's a brilliant Idea. It'd be great to have another permanent circuit in Aus, and Bathurst could easily become a Motorsport capitol for us.

Sure there's other places that can be improved, but Bathurst is the biggest name in Oz really.

I'd like to see it done if they can get the right layout that suits everyone... plenty of land available.
The Bathurst, or Mt Panorama, 'brand' have a lot of potential, this could easily see it becoming the hub of Australian motorsport.
But it needs to be accessable all year round, as mentioned.
wild
Master artist
Master artist

Post by wild »

GT VIRUS wrote:The answer to why is simple. So it can be used all year round. However I don't see how it avoids having to close the road's to the properties around the mountain. I assume there is other roads that can be used. But if the track cannot be used all year round, then this is a waste of money.

Currently I believe the whole track can only be closed for 5 weekends a year, with 4 I believe being permanently filled. Assuming that can't change, you can use this track for one weekend a year? The idea of attracting Indycar (unlikely) or bikes (very unlikely) isn't worth it
I think that may be the reasoning for having it down the bottom. They can create another road that joins up to either mountain straight or conrod, giving residents access.

I don't think the circuit would get FIA approval for Formula 1, at least with the proposed layout, but it should be a good circuit for state, club and motorcycle events.
richo

Post by richo »

There are some things that man is not meant to interfere with...

Apart from the men that built it in the first place .
[]D [] []v[] []D
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Surely we can just convince ol boy Quinn to just drop some coin and develop a Motorsport park here.. Start from scratch
Virtual-R
Ninja Roy

Post by Virtual-R »

Hopefully they will design it so the old circuit and the new can join together, providing an extention for endurance events. Struggling to see how they will join the two from that map submitted above though. Can't really see the point in using part of the old track if they can't be combined.